"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #741
Master Chef

Yes, they are!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #742
Certified Cake Maniac

Cheryl, do you know why the cat attacked? Have they been in contact before? Did the owners take any responsibility?

I am so glad he is better.

The reason for my questions is growing up we had a cat named Buttons who was normally very tame but for some reason one day she put her claws through the face of the neighbour's purebred Siamese show cat. My parents had to pay for the surgery and I think they also paid something for damages as the car couldn't be shown after that. There was no serious damage but scares remained.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:49 AM   #743
Master Chef

LP, I just don't know. I live in a pretty rural area and don't keep any cat food outside to tempt other animals....Blackee stays close to home and is inside most of the time...sure wish I knew. He is such a lovey, trusting kitty - even at the vets office he just layed on the examining table and purred at the vet, lol. I do know that he is going to be a strictly indoor kitty from now on, though!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #744
Head Chef

Cheryl---- hoping your Blackee gets completely well and furred out soon. (Is there Rogaine for cats? )
Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #745
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Cheryl, you could supervise his outdoor sun worshipping and be there to scare off any other cats. He might not get as long out in the sun, but it's probably better than no sunbathing.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #746
Head Chef

There are solutions. I know that not every living situation (apartments etc) can do this----- but look at these pictures.

Cat_Enclosures

I can't locate the article that I saw years ago with an maze of cat tunnels and enclosures in a back yard that was really amazing.
There was even an article by a couple that took their cat(s) with them on a long yacht cruise with them. Same sort of idea---- and really dedicated cat lovers--- God luv 'em.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #747
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Cheryl, you could supervise his outdoor sun worshipping and be there to scare off any other cats. He might not get as long out in the sun, but it's probably better than no sunbathing.
We tried that this morning, and it worked! I was a little worried at first that Blackee would take off, but evidently he remembers the dangers of the outside world, and he stuck around close by. It was nice to see him laying in the sunshine with his little eyes closed, enjoying the warmth.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #748
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
There are solutions. I know that not every living situation (apartments etc) can do this----- but look at these pictures.

Cat_Enclosures

I can't locate the article that I saw years ago with an maze of cat tunnels and enclosures in a back yard that was really amazing.
There was even an article by a couple that took their cat(s) with them on a long yacht cruise with them. Same sort of idea---- and really dedicated cat lovers--- God luv 'em.
Wow, those are some pretty fancy cat enclosures! Thanks for sharing the link, Cave - I enjoyed browsing through there.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #749
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Our Gopher Cat had his own outside space after he lost an eye. Dad built it around the garage exit and kitchen window. It included a tree Goph could climb and get shade from and a pool for water. Goph could come in and out through the kitchen window in good weather and he had a bell for when it was cold and he wanted in. The enclosure was tall enough my brother (6'3") could walk in comfortably and was done in the space between the house and perimeter fence.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #750
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Nifty enclosures. I wanted to make a much simpler one for my cats, but never got around to it.