Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Latté loves socks that I have worn. Smudge likes her little cubby that I put a used towel in to sleep on.

That is very sweet!

I have to say this: I do hope you do not have the athlete's foot problem. We shall be looking of photos of a hairless cat and wondering what you did to the poor cat!

With love,
~Cat

Taxy, Shreddy makes such a funny "stoner". :LOL: But he's a cutie in his GlamCat shot. Hope everything goes well for him (and you and Stirling) this coming week.

Hope Shreddy doesn't mind the different litter, some cats resent a change.
We've been really lucky with each of the two cats we've had. Neither have minded a litter change (LittleBit will still use her pan even if there is very little left since I don't add to the reusable litter when I'm ready to dump-and-clean the pan), a change in food to the point where I can open a bag of something different and dump it right into the bowl, and being scratched anywhere. Cats don't like having there tummy or tail touched? Pshaw! :LOL: Not ours.

Taxy, Shreddy makes such a funny "stoner". :LOL: But he's a cutie in his GlamCat shot. Hope everything goes well for him (and you and Stirling) this coming week.

We've been really lucky with each of the two cats we've had. Neither have minded a litter change (LittleBit will still use her pan even if there is very little left since I don't add to the reusable litter when I'm ready to dump-and-clean the pan), a change in food to the point where I can open a bag of something different and dump it right into the bowl, and being scratched anywhere. Cats don't like having there tummy or tail touched? Pshaw! :LOL: Not ours.

Pshaw? I like this! It is like "Fooooo!"

Misty and Kali like their tummy rubbings, just like Azia does. Their foods are normal. They have the dry Iams and the treats and the canned food also.

I like to play with them very much! I have the laser pointer for the cats, and many toys for Azia.

I dump away the litter and clean their boxes with bleach and refill them every two days. Misty and Kali seem to have this very robust pooping ability.

Your cats seem much like mine, Cooking Goddess.

Cats and dogs are such wonderful companions!

With love,
~Cat

CG, my dear departed cat, loved her belly rubbed, she would flop down and verbally invite you to rub her tummy. She also like her tail gently tugged. She really was a sweet cuddly kitty I miss her. :(

CG, my dear departed cat, loved her belly rubbed, she would flop down and verbally invite you to rub her tummy. She also like her tail gently tugged. She really was a sweet cuddly kitty I miss her. :(

I am very sorry for your loss, Somebunny. She seems as a wonderful cat.

I understand how you miss her. I would, also.

With love,
~Cat

I have an internet friend (met her on a forum in 1996) who had a cat who was a terror at the vet. It was next to impossible to treat her, when it was necessary. Of course this was also very upsetting to the cat.

Now, when she gets a new cat or kitten, she starts right away getting them used to stuff. She starts trimming claws, touching tummy and tail. She carries them around and she dresses them in clothing. They don't panic at the vet. They don't panic at wearing the cone. If she ever needs a cat to wear something, they are already used to it.

I think I will make sure that the next cat that comes to live with me gets used to "stuff" too. I will probably even take a new cat for car rides. Poor Shreddy gets so upset about the car ride part of going to and coming home from the vet.

I have an internet friend (met her on a forum in 1996) who had a cat who was a terror at the vet. It was next to impossible to treat her, when it was necessary. Of course this was also very upsetting to the cat.

Now, when she gets a new cat or kitten, she starts right away getting them used to stuff. She starts trimming claws, touching tummy and tail. She carries them around and she dresses them in clothing. They don't panic at the vet. They don't panic at wearing the cone. If she ever needs a cat to wear something, they are already used to it.

I think I will make sure that the next cat that comes to live with me gets used to "stuff" too. I will probably even take a new cat for car rides. Poor Shreddy gets so upset about the car ride part of going to and coming home from the vet.

My cats get upset also! Maybe I should think of this.

I would be in desperate need of blood transfusions if I made my cats to wear things!

Taxlady, when NASA finds your glowing mushroom cloud, may I please call CNN? I plan to write books one day and I need the required 15 minutes of fame for which to fall back upon during my career.

With love,
~Cat

My cats get upset also! Maybe I should think of this.

I would be in desperate need of blood transfusions if I made my cats to wear things!

Taxlady, when NASA finds your glowing mushroom cloud, may I please call CNN? I plan to write books one day and I need the required 15 minutes of fame for which to fall back upon during my career.

With love,
~Cat
Sure, go ahead and phone CNN. ;)

How old are your cats? Are you sure they wouldn't wear something? I once, as joke, put a ruffled collar on a cat, and he didn't mind at all, much to my surprise.

I might try putting some kind of clothing or scarf on Shreddy. I was mistaken about her cats not minding the cone. They don't need it. One cat licks sores excessively, so if she gets a sore, my friend makes her wear something that covers the sore. Another cat licks off his flea medicine, so he has to wear something that covers his neck when he gets flea drops.

Our daughter's Cat 1 (she has two cats now) likes to ride in the car. She would lay on the rear deck and stare out the back window while Loverly drove along. Not sure if kitties go for rides anymore since our daughter has my van since her car died in January...

My cats are 1 year and 4 months old, we believe. They came from the animal shelter in June of last year. They were small kittens then.

Azia was three years old when I got her at the same time of the cats. She had no name and was dumped to there. The vet thinks she was three years old when she was first examined. Azia was to be put away the very next day so I took her.

If you have problems being away from Shreddy, I could loan you my cats. They will make you to appreciate Shreddy more than you will know!

Before I do loan you these, I will need from you to sign a waiver contract. I shall not be responsible for any of hospital bills of trauma and of stitches and of organ failure.

With love,
~Cat

We had a cat years ago, he belonged to everyone in the family and it was hard to keep him out of the car. We lived, at the time, on the other side of Denver from Mom. I was stuck in rush hour traffic on the 4 lane when Gopher jumper over the seat to sit up front. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought, food etc. called Mom and told her I had him and we could swap him in a week. Mom and Dad got a vacation from him and he got a vacation...we had fun for a week.

It was only 10 miles to return him, if traffic was good I could do it in two hours. If it was bad...who knows how long it would take.

Stirling had a good idea before we brought Shreddy to the vet. He suggested that we cover the cat carrier (while it was in the car and at the vet) with a blanket, so Shreddy wouldn't be able to see out and it would be a bit dark. It worked! He wasn't nearly so vocal about his upset about the car ride as he usually is. There were actual periods of silence.

Poor Beagle has been sick all weekend, and still won't eat today. :( She's sleeping a lot. In an apparent attempt to self-medicate, she ate some Indian corn husks from decorative corn I had in a basket, and was horking them up. I threw them away.

DH took her to the vet this morn, and they couldn't find anything wrong. Not like her at all, she just loves her kibble. She did spot a bunny and tried to give chase when I took her out.

Poor Beagle has been sick all weekend, and still won't eat today. :( She's sleeping a lot. In an apparent attempt to self-medicate, she ate some Indian corn husks from decorative corn I had in a basket, and was horking them up. I threw them away.

DH took her to the vet this morn, and they couldn't find anything wrong. Not like her at all, she just loves her kibble. She did spot a bunny and tried to give chase when I took her out.
Aww, poor Beagle. I hope she feels better soon.

Oh no! This is bad news! I am sorry, Dawgluver. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Horking? That sounds like something a prostitute does on street corners. Does this mean to throw up?

With love,
~Cat

Horking. Is that what they call it these days. :LOL: I'll have to remember this the next time my oldest goes exploring in the neigbhorhood or when the boy cats come yowling around the back door to see her. Luckily she's had her tubes tied or whatever is done. I won't be a grampa anytime soon and she has no time for interlopers in "her" yard. Yet she thinks it's perfectly ok to go visit in their yards.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Took Beagle on her walk, got back, and she's still not hungry. Vet did give her an anti-hork (throw-up) shot, and so far it's working.

I got a call from the vet tech. Shreddy has had his shot of I-131 and is adjusting well to being at the animal hospital. He's eating well and has used the litter box and is playing with toys that sat in catnip. I already miss him. I'm trying to send him happy, loving thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom