Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a call from the vet tech. Shreddy has had his shot of I-131 and is adjusting well to being at the animal hospital. He's eating well and has used the litter box and is playing with toys that sat in catnip. I already miss him. I'm trying to send him happy, loving thoughts.

I am also, Taxlady, and I send these to you also. He is such a precious one, and you are also. God bless you both.

I am so sorry that you miss of him. I do think this is a very difficult time for you, and my thoughts and my prayers are to you both always.

With love,
~Cat

Thanks guys. Took Beagle on her walk, got back, and she's still not hungry. Vet did give her an anti-hork (throw-up) shot, and so far it's working.

I am sorry she is not hungry. I am happy the shot is working, however. You both are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

I wish I had knowledge of these illnesses to give you and for to help you.

But I am with you of this.

With love,
~Cat

I am sorry she is not hungry. I am happy the shot is working, however. You both are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

I wish I had knowledge of these illnesses to give you and for to help you.

But I am with you of this.

With love,
~Cat

Thanks Cat. We're worried, she's usually so active and hungry!

I got a call from the vet tech. Shreddy has had his shot of I-131 and is adjusting well to being at the animal hospital. He's eating well and has used the litter box and is playing with toys that sat in catnip. I already miss him. I'm trying to send him happy, loving thoughts.

Good for Shreddy, hope all works!

Same thoughts are coming from here, too! Now you and Stirling go do something!!!:)

Taxy and Dawg, hope your furry kids feel better. And taxy, like PF said, go have fun! I remember what it was like when the kids spend the night with grandma and grandpa...:blush:

Taxy and Dawg, hope your furry kids feel better. And taxy, like PF said, go have fun! I remember what it was like when the kids spend the night with grandma and grandpa...:blush:

Uckkkkkkkkkkkk!!! I was to spend a night with a friend when I was 10 years old. In the middle of the night, I became homesick and packed my sack and walked home. I walked into my parents' bedroom to let them know I was at home.

They were very certainly not sleeping in their bed. :sick:

With love,
~Cat

Uckkkkkkkkkkkk!!! I was to spend a night with a friend when I was 10 years old. In the middle of the night, I became homesick and packed my sack and walked home. I walked into my parents' bedroom to let them know I was at home.

They were very certainly not sleeping in their bed. :sick:

With love,
~Cat

Eeks! :LOL: Cat!

Thanks for the Beagle well wishes, guys! She ate a bit more today. I'm wondering if the corn husks she ate and then threw up might have cut up her mouth. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow. It's been 4 days.

Last edited:
Just got another call from the animal hospital. Shreddy is doing fine, eating well and all that stuff. His radioactivity readings were at 12 microsieverts this morning and a little less than 12 a few minutes ago. They will check again tomorrow morning and give me a call. I might be able to bring him home tomorrow.

CG, my dear departed cat, loved her belly rubbed, she would flop down and verbally invite you to rub her tummy. She also like her tail gently tugged. She really was a sweet cuddly kitty I miss her. :(

When a pet presents her/his tummy for rubbing, it is a sign of total trust. They are presenting their most vulnerable part of their body to you. A part they protect at all costs. :angel:

Just got another call from the animal hospital. Shreddy is doing fine, eating well and all that stuff. His radioactivity readings were at 12 microsieverts this morning and a little less than 12 a few minutes ago. They will check again tomorrow morning and give me a call. I might be able to bring him home tomorrow.

:angel: One for Shreddy. What level does it have to be so it is safe to bring him home? :angel:

:angel: One for Shreddy. What level does it have to be so it is safe to bring him home? :angel:
Thanks Addie. He has to be at 10 or less or maybe it's less than 10.

When I asked, the vet tech said that no, he wasn't showing any signs of developing any super powers. :LOL:

:angel:

Thanks Addie. He has to be at 10 or less or maybe it's less than 10.

When I asked, the vet tech said that no, he wasn't showing any signs of developing any super powers. :LOL:

:angel:

Just don't forget Cat is still looking for that mushroom cloud. :angel:

Hope Shreddy can come home tomorrow, Taxy!

Beagle is now on generic Prilosec for 5 days, vet is suspecting an ulcer. He also recommends a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice.

She ate some of the Benefuls Chicken Medley this morning, but wouldn't touch it when I offered more when I got home from work. She still will have nothing to do with her previously beloved Iams Lamb and Rice. I opened a can of Hormel canned chicken breast, she ate that instead. DH is picking up a whole chicken or chicken thighs, whichever is available, and I'll boil them without vegetables or seasoning. Sounds disgusting to me, but hope it works! Otherwise, she's much perkier than before. I still wonder if it's something with her mouth or teeth.

Poor beagle. I hope something works to make her feel better soon. Is it possible that she ate Not Food?

Thanks. Yes, dried corn husks. But as dogs eat grass to calm a sick stomach and make them puke, we think she did this to self-medicate.

So she will get boiled leg quarters. And of course, white rice is what's rec’d, all I have is brown rice. Wish I'd looked at the recipes before DH returned from the grocer :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom