Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks.

Oh good. I hope the treatment has done the trick.

That is such good news taxy! Hopefully he's better than ever.
I won't know for sure until he gets his T4 BUN/CREA checked in 8-12 weeks. There might be noticeable improvement in a week or two.
Woo hoo! I know you're relieved! I bet he purrs all the way home!
Nah, he purred when I stuck my finger in his carrier at the vet, but he made sad/upset noises all the way home. The blanket over the cage didn't work as well this time. With traffic, it took about 45 minutes.

I am very relieved and happy to have him home.

Good job Shreddy ... glad you made it back home .. Mom has been worried about you !!

Beagle wasn't able to hold down yesterday's cooked chicken, as I found out early this morn. Back to the vet, as it had been 6 days since she'd eaten anything without horking it up. They did a barium procedure, no blockage seen. They gave her IV fluids, another shot, more pills (for which we'll need a crowbar to pry her jaws open).

So far they've found nothing. To the tune of $750. We're all puzzled.

Tonight, she ate some chicken, and seemed to like the white rice and broth. Yay! Hopefully she can hold it down.

Beagle wasn't able to hold down yesterday's cooked chicken, as I found out early this morn. Back to the vet, as it had been 6 days since she'd eaten anything without horking it up. They did a barium procedure, no blockage seen. They gave her IV fluids, another shot, more pills (for which we'll need a crowbar to pry her jaws open).

Tonight, she ate some chicken, and seemed to like the white rice and broth. Yay! Hopefully she can hold it down.
(((Hugs Dawg))) and gentle (((hugs Beagle))). Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

If I could I would take Beagle in my arms, wrapped in his favorite blanky and sit rocking him while humming him a lullaby. It always worked on my babies. :angel:

Thanks Guys! She's my baby, and I don't know what we'd do without her, best dog we've ever had.

Addie, she would love you to rock her and sing to her!

Poor Beagle, more hugs for you both!

Thanks PF. So far, so good, she's keeping it down.

She did fine on our walk. I don't know that I could go 6 days without eating....

Beagle wasn't able to hold down yesterday's cooked chicken, as I found out early this morn................
Poor Beagle! Poor Dawgluver! Hope Beagle gets better so YOU can feel better. (((((hugs))))) to both of you.

Ok, I'm out of ideas. Beagle refuses to eat her boiled chicken and rice that vet had recommended. I was able to get her to eat a couple teaspoons of canned tuna, but due to mercury and sodium content, they don't recommend a steady diet of it. I got her antiemetic (anti-puking) pills down her by rolling them in peanut butter. I soaked her regular Iams Lamb and Rice in beef broth, she's not interested. Tried regular white rice, meh, even with beef broth. She's had all sorts of tests and nothing shows up. I took her for a long walk, she was fine.

Other than tuna and peanut butter, what else might get her to eat? She was really sickly this morning, thankfully, after her pills, she seems better, but still not interested in food.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom