Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We tried Velveeta too, so far the only things she'll eat are peanut butter and tuna, though she did eat some chicken and rice before. Poor baby, she's been sick for over a week now. All the tests have not shown any blockage, and she still enjoys her walks. I had to clean up a bunch of messes off the carpet in the sunroom this morning.

Dawg, have they ruled out pancreatitis? The symptoms seem to be similar to what my dog had with this diagnosis. I sure hope things improve. I agree with trying scrambled eggs, maybe cream of wheat or oatmeal. Is she drinking water and keeping it down? Hugs to all of you, I certainly know how distressful this is.

There's a furniture store here in Quebec called Brault & Martineau. They offer a 12 months no interest deal with their "BM plan". :ohmy::LOL:

LOL! That's as bad as the Universal Technical Institute...UTI, always gives me the giggles.

I hate to be gross, but is she pooping?

Yup. It turned from nice and solid to liquid, which I had to clean up from the carpet this morning. She's never soiled in the house before. And thankfully she's drinking water. She's only 7, middle aged.

Poor baby, hope she snaps out of it, we're really worried about her. I wondered about pancreatitis too, vet said no.

Thanks for all the support guys!

:LOL: BM, UTI :LOL:

Last edited:
Yup. It turned from nice and solid to liquid, which I had to clean up from the carpet this morning. She's never soiled in the house before. And thankfully she's drinking water. She's only 7, middle aged.

Poor baby, hope she snaps out of it, we're really worried about her. I wondered about pancreatitis too, vet said no.

Thanks for all the support guys!

:LOL: BM, UTI :LOL:
I sure hope she snaps out of it quickly too. I'll bet you are worried. Did the vet do a test for the pancreatitis?

I sure hope she snaps out of it quickly too. I'll bet you are worried. Did the vet do a test for the pancreatitis?

No, he just said no. I am not happy with the vet. He's not our regular, trusted guy, who I plan to talk to soon.

Just what did he test Beagle for? Did he ever tell you? Or just charge you money. Did he test for cancer? :angel:

She got blood work, stool sample, and barium x-ray. He said there was no blockage, but I worry about cancer too. It just came on so suddenly, one day she was eating fine, the next, not at all. Poor baby. We love her to pieces.

Healing thoughts going out for Beagle and hugs for both of you. I wish there was something I could do.

Thanks PF. We'll see what happens with another round of pills tomorrow. She just barked at the neighbor's cat or something, I still have hope.

I'm so sorry, Dawgluver, for Beagle and all of you. Such a hard thing to go through when our fur family members are sick. Sending out prayers and good thoughts for Beagle's recovery. :wub:

Thanks Cheryl. We'll see what tomorrow brings. She's sleeping now.

I would demand that they test for pancreatitis. You could spend lots of money and precious time chasing "what it is not". Second opinion time. Has Beagle been away from home on vacation with you? Our dog fell ill after we returned from a motorhome trip, the vet could not figure out what was wrong with him, after much testing and hoping he would snap out of it, the vet mentioned that the only thing that they could come up with was a rare virus that was only prevalent in the south, ( we live in the NW) they ruled it out because of where we lived until we told them that we had been away and visited a KOA in Glacier Nation Park. That Park is frequented by folks from all over North America, many people travel with pets and this particular KOA has a large dog "off leash" area, we came to the conclusion he picked the virus up there in that park :(. So you never know....... Unfortunately we believe it was the virus that ultimately killed him, though he began to suffer from pancreatitis after that we think the virus exacerbated it. Thinking back we think he had suffered mildly from pancreatitis before the trip. ( he used to hork up yellow bile. Ick!

Thanks, Bunny. I'm definitely gonna pursue the pancreatitis possibility again. She hasn't been anywhere but here for a long time.

So sorry to hear of your pup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom