Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beagle and I so appreciate all the support! I think she's back to normal, ate both her breakfast and dinner, as well as her "cookie", and begged for more. I am so relieved!

Good news. :angel: One for Beagle. So glad to hear it. Now he can get back to being his irascible self. :angel:

Beagle and I so appreciate all the support! I think she's back to normal, ate both her breakfast and dinner, as well as her "cookie", and begged for more. I am so relieved!

:w00t::clap: Wtg Beagle and Dawg .. glad to hear this great news !!!

Yay Beagle! Thanks again, guys!

I threw out the remaining chicken and rice, apparently Beagle didn't care for it. But that's OK! My baby's back!!!

:w00t: So glad Beagle is acting like Beagle again! But now it sounds like you have sniffles and sneezes. Sorry. :flowers: Hope you aren't allergic to flowers...

I am so happy of this! This is very wonderful news!

With love,
~Cat

Shreddy is eating a little bit less, or maybe it's my hope and imagination. He's been hiding a lot, but less today. And, he had fun trying to get at the squirrel.

20131019_100351.jpg

Oh I hope he will do well and not to hide. But this looks very encouraging! He is a beautiful cat.

With love,
~Cat

Shreddy is eating a little bit less, or maybe it's my hope and imagination. He's been hiding a lot, but less today. And, he had fun trying to get at the squirrel.

20131019_100351.jpg

I so hope the treatment has taken for him. Latté is being very clingy all the sudden, maybe it's because I worked an extra day this past week. Smudge is unusually quiet and I've been finding mats in her fur.

Oh I hope he will do well and not to hide. But this looks very encouraging! He is a beautiful cat.

With love,
~Cat
Thank you Cat. I think he's gorgeous. I'll have to put more walnuts outside to get the squirrels to come to the door more often.

I so hope the treatment has taken for him. Latté is being very clingy all the sudden, maybe it's because I worked an extra day this past week. Smudge is unusually quiet and I've been finding mats in her fur.
Oh noes. When was Smudge last at the vet? I worry about mats in the fur. I brought a senior cat to the vet to have the mats removed and they diagnosed her with cancer of the tongue. She died a couple of months later. And Shreddy was leaving mats before he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.

I sure hope the treatment took too. It can take a couple of months to see the improvement. He goes back for blood work in another six weeks.
Aw how cute! Shreddy and the squirrel are playing patty-cake through the glass!
:) With the glass between them, there is no risk of bites or of Shreddy breaking his friend. He was sad the two times he broke a bird he caught in the house.:)

Oh noes. When was Smudge last at the vet? I worry about mats in the fur. I brought a senior cat to the vet to have the mats removed and they diagnosed her with cancer of the tongue. She died a couple of months later. And Shreddy was leaving mats before he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.

I sure hope the treatment took too. It can take a couple of months to see the improvement. He goes back for blood work in another six weeks.

I took her in yesterday, she has diabetes, same as Shrek and I. I'm having a tough time getting her insulin into her as she is a cat who does not react well to scruffing. We have about decided to stop the insulin and let things run it's course than to subject her to the insulin shots. She's starting to hide from us in just this short time, because she knows she's going to get poked. Even Latté is hiding, because she sees the struggle and is wondering when her turn is coming. It's been stressful for all 4 of us.

PF - I'm sorry to hear about your puddy tat having diabetes. It's hard when they don't like the shots. Our 10 yr old dog was diagnosed last summer. He takes the shots very well. He waits to be sure you are fixing his shot before he'll start to eat. The food will sit there in his bowl and he stands there waiting for the shot. Once he sees the vial come out of the fridge, he'll start to eat. I'm very thankful he's so good about it. At close to 100 lbs I'd hate to have to wrestle him to give him shots.

Thanks, Jabbur. Our old cat Gopher was diabetic, too. He would just hunker down and let us give him his shot, even from the first. When you try to scruff Smudge she turns into lots of razor sharp points all over, screaming like she's been gut shot, even when she was a kitten. We are going to have to lay off and get her to trust us again and try a different technique.

I took her in yesterday, she has diabetes, same as Shrek and I. I'm having a tough time getting her insulin into her as she is a cat who does not react well to scruffing. We have about decided to stop the insulin and let things run it's course than to subject her to the insulin shots. She's starting to hide from us in just this short time, because she knows she's going to get poked. Even Latté is hiding, because she sees the struggle and is wondering when her turn is coming. It's been stressful for all 4 of us.
Aww, poor Smudge. Have you tried a low carb diet for her?

I feel so sorry for Smudge and her parents. It's too bad there aren't less frightening ways for her to get her meds.

Last edited:
Aww, poor Smudge. Have you tried a low carb diet for her?

We are working on that, I'm about to spend a lot more on canned food. I already buy dried food with the least amount of carbs I can find, always have. I'm feeding Latté the dried food separately. She is showing no signs of diabetes.

I feel so sorry for Smudge and her parents. It's too bad there aren't less frightening ways for her to get her meds.

I'm going to curl up on the floor with her favorite blanket and no needles. See if she will seek me out and cuddle. Try finding a spot I can quickly pinch without her freaking out. Get her used to that before trying the needle again.

We are working on that, I'm about to spend a lot more on canned food. I already buy dried food with the least amount of carbs I can find, always have. I'm feeding Latté the dried food separately. She is showing no signs of diabetes.
I have some friends who recommend Blue Buffalo - Healthy All Natural Cat Food and say it has no grains and almost no carbs.

Are you too busy to make cat food? I have to do some shopping so I can start making cat food.

Back
Top Bottom