Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, do you know why the cat attacked? Have they been in contact before? Did the owners take any responsibility?

I am so glad he is better.

The reason for my questions is growing up we had a cat named Buttons who was normally very tame but for some reason one day she put her claws through the face of the neighbour's purebred Siamese show cat. My parents had to pay for the surgery and I think they also paid something for damages as the car couldn't be shown after that. There was no serious damage but scares remained.

LP, I just don't know. :( I live in a pretty rural area and don't keep any cat food outside to tempt other animals....Blackee stays close to home and is inside most of the time...sure wish I knew. He is such a lovey, trusting kitty - even at the vets office he just layed on the examining table and purred at the vet, lol. I do know that he is going to be a strictly indoor kitty from now on, though! :ermm:

Cheryl---- hoping your Blackee gets completely well and furred out soon. (Is there Rogaine for cats? ;))

Cheryl, you could supervise his outdoor sun worshipping and be there to scare off any other cats. He might not get as long out in the sun, but it's probably better than no sunbathing.

There are solutions. :) I know that not every living situation (apartments etc) can do this----- but look at these pictures.

Cat_Enclosures

I can't locate the article that I saw years ago with an maze of cat tunnels and enclosures in a back yard that was really amazing.
There was even an article by a couple that took their cat(s) with them on a long yacht cruise with them. Same sort of idea---- and really dedicated cat lovers--- God luv 'em.

Cheryl, you could supervise his outdoor sun worshipping and be there to scare off any other cats. He might not get as long out in the sun, but it's probably better than no sunbathing.

We tried that this morning, and it worked! I was a little worried at first that Blackee would take off, but evidently he remembers the dangers of the outside world, and he stuck around close by. It was nice to see him laying in the sunshine with his little eyes closed, enjoying the warmth. :sleep::wub:

There are solutions. :) I know that not every living situation (apartments etc) can do this----- but look at these pictures.

Cat_Enclosures

I can't locate the article that I saw years ago with an maze of cat tunnels and enclosures in a back yard that was really amazing.
There was even an article by a couple that took their cat(s) with them on a long yacht cruise with them. Same sort of idea---- and really dedicated cat lovers--- God luv 'em.

Wow, those are some pretty fancy cat enclosures! Thanks for sharing the link, Cave - I enjoyed browsing through there. :)

Our Gopher Cat had his own outside space after he lost an eye. Dad built it around the garage exit and kitchen window. It included a tree Goph could climb and get shade from and a pool for water. Goph could come in and out through the kitchen window in good weather and he had a bell for when it was cold and he wanted in. The enclosure was tall enough my brother (6'3") could walk in comfortably and was done in the space between the house and perimeter fence.

Those are pretty awesome enclosures. I really like the one that goes out through the top of the window! I keep telling TB that he should build Monkey a system of tubes and platforms around the inside of the house so she can get her wild side out without tripping me. We could just continue it outside! :LOL:

Our Gopher Cat had his own outside space after he lost an eye. Dad built it around the garage exit and kitchen window. It included a tree Goph could climb and get shade from and a pool for water. Goph could come in and out through the kitchen window in good weather and he had a bell for when it was cold and he wanted in. The enclosure was tall enough my brother (6'3") could walk in comfortably and was done in the space between the house and perimeter fence.

I can just picture that! What a nice daddy you had to do that for Goph, and what a good idea for a bell he could ring when he wanted to come inside. :)

I can just picture that! What a nice daddy you had to do that for Goph, and what a good idea for a bell he could ring when he wanted to come inside. :)

He used to sit outside the window while Mom was washing dishes and he would chatter at her. They'd have conversations. He was a good cat.:angel:

It is really nice when the family helps with the daily chores. Violet particularly likes to help fold the nice clean laundry! :wacko::LOL:

Attachments

• VioletLaundry.jpg
    VioletLaundry.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 148
It is really nice when the family helps with the daily chores. Violet particularly likes to help fold the nice clean laundry! :wacko::LOL:

Much like cats and towel folding...or trying to make the bed. The bed usually has "cat lumps".

Back
Top Bottom