Pets: What Do You Feed Them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Title says it all. :) What do you feed your pets? From main grub to special snacks! Im very interested to learn what your pets like...... and hate. Also, do you keep food out all the time? OR do you feed them at certain hours.
35.gif
16.gif

Dove eats Purina One. That is what she was fed by the breeder we adopted her from. It is pinkie finger nail size (so I don't have to chew it up first and feed her like a mama bird does...yuk..LOL)

She loves raw veg. espcially carrots..they act like dental floss to dogs.
No food from the table.
Marge

We feed our dog beneful (by purina I think?). He also loves fresh carrotts as a treat, and dog biscuits. On rare occasions he gets a marrow bone, but we try to keep that to once every two months because labs gain weight fast with marrow bones. We no longer give our dog table scraps.

What ever she wants... when ever she wants it. Luckily she is very picky so mostly it's dry and canned cat food.

Seijo gets wolf king dog food by solidgold. It's very good for her. She gets the occasional frozen cow bone to keep her occupied. Aidan feeds her a lot of his food, so she gets a lot of "people" food. She eats twice a day, if you leave food out for them all day they're more likely to be overweight.

She likes to chase bees in the summer and eats them.:ohmy:

Angel gets 1 c of Purina Pro Chow in the morning and at night- during the day she'll get -well 2 T scrambled egg beaters if I'm having breakfast or 1/4c vanilla yogurt. She loves her fruits and veggies with the exception of mushrooms unless cooked and onions. She's not a big fan of fresh herbs either. Her favorite veggie is red pepper and her favorite fruit is banana. We learned from the vet that grapes- any variety are dangerous for labs so although she's had them in the past and enjoyed them-it's now off her snack list.Angel also gets a denta bone once a week and puppy milk bones when we have people in the house who ant to give her a treat.When Kiersten is home she usually "shares" a bag of popcorn with her.Yeah I know Angel is spoiled but, not half as spoiled as I am by her!!!

we used to give our lab (female) 2 cups of purina 1 (for large dogs) dry mixed with 1/2 can of alpo beef and rice (wet) for taste.

the purina was $18 for a 20lb bag, at Giant, and then one day i saw that Costco had the Kirkland brand at $20 for a 50lb bag. we gradualy made the switch (mixing the 2 at first so as not to upset the pups tummy) and she LOVES the new stuff.

it also doesnt hurt the wallet that we now get 3X as much dog food for $3 more!!

Let's see:

The dogs get Nutro Lamb & Rice dry dog food mixed with a little warm water & a few spoonfuls of Alpo canned once a day.

Cats get free-choice Iams dry food & a once-a-day half-a-can each of canned food - any brand.

Cockatoo gets a dish full of large-bird pelleted food (Zoo Preem or Roudybush), a dish full of parrot seed mix, & all sorts of snacks throughout the day - cheese, crackers, raw & cooked vegetables, fruit, etc.

Fish get thawed frozen fish food in the a.m.; dry flake food in the p.m.

Horses get free-choice timothy/grass-mix hay, along with several flakes of pure alfalfa twice a day. They also get small twice daily feedings of Purina Complete Advantage feed mixed with a trace mineral supplement.

Kind of hard to believe I have time to do anything else but feed, doesn't it? LOL!!!!!

Gravy Train.
They get a taste of just about everything we eat. I won't give them anything that I think will upset their stomach. They DO NOT get scrambled eggs either, or, we pay for it later!! LOL
They LOVE tomatoes. They love ice too. When DH fixes his cooler every morning, they stand at the frig and wait. All they have to do is hear the ice maker spitting out ice and they will coming running!

My hammy Napoleone gets the seed mix with special reinforcement of extra sunflower seeds daily, but the brat has a habit of only cherry picking on sunflower seeds, pumpkin seed and sometimes corn, and throw the stuff he doesn't like out of the cage.
He also loves cheese, crumbs from breads, cakes and biscuits, and all sort of nuts.... ah, and he loves to lick on whipped cream!!
img_251873_0_df19b1bd9e3747270cd7415a5a1ba347.jpg
<<<Napoleone gorging on one of his favourite treat, Cantuccini with hazelnuts

Raven said:
Pets: What Do You Feed Them?

Other Pets. :)

~ Raven ~

other dead pets? after all, you are a raven.

my cats get 2 feedings of canned food a day. usually fancy feast, but we mix in some whiskas pouches, and an occasional sheba or other can.
they have available at all times about 3 or 4 kinds of dry food, (we got in this bad habit when we were d.i.n.ks and the pets were our "kids"), including hill's science diet - oral care and sensitive stomach, purina indoor formula, and a few others.
for treats, the get whiskas treats, and ham or turkey cold cuts, and leftover sashimi.

my birds, an african grey and a molluccan cockatoo, get a bowl of fresh food and water, as well as a parrot seed mix, and "zupreem"or "kaytee exact" parrot pellets.
my grey gets a few peanuts everyday, but i have to limit his intake of those. he would eat peanuts all day long if allowed. same goes for my molluccan and almonds. an old friend taught my grey to say "slut for a peanut!".
their fresh food bowls always consists of a fruit (grapes, oranges, apples, pears, melons, berries, etc.), a veggie (broccoli, cauliflower, cukes, tomatoes, corn, eggplants, yams, carrots, beans, peas, etc.), and a starch (potatoes, bread, pasta, etc.).
they also get many of our leftovers, except for anything that contains chocolate or avocado. they love hard boiled eggs, pizza, chicken and turkey leg bones, sushi, meatloaf, tuna salad, egg salad, potato and mac salad, hamburgers and hot dogs, french fries, pancakes, doritos and potato chips... pretty much anything (junk and otherwise :) ) that we eat.

My kitties love Kirkland brand Cat food ( from Costco) ( which I leave out all day) and then I give them a bit of canned kitty food, (any brand, as long as its fish flavored, they hate the meat varieties) for breakfast... and once is a while a little soft kitty treat.

You mean we're supposed to be buying her food?!?!?!?

We just let the dog out a couple of times a day when there are rabbits or squirrels in the back yard. :angel:

John

I made mole last night... and of course.. fat-cat Mike loved it... tried to lick the plate clean. I stopped him though, b/c I dunno if there's anything in there that would be bad for him.

My geriatric, senile Jack Russels were raised strictly on high-end dry dog food. When people commented on it I'd tell them that is sure as heck makes house training easier if the dogs eat only that. Now one of them needs science diet k/d in the can (doesn't have enough teeth for dried!). They are allowed to be the "pre rinse cycle" on our plates after supper -- AFTER I've scraped them. For treats they get Old Roy, though! The stuff looks like an old felt hat that's been torn up, but they love it, it is cheap, and it doesn't cause gastric distress!

Before a party I tell my incoming guests that anyone who feeds my dogs chocolate WILL be responsible for finding an emergency vet, taking them there, and paying the bill. Fang nearly died from chocolate once and that isn't happening again.

My dogs also love non-citrus fruit, and their vets over the years have encouraged us to feed them that as treats as well. So when hubby has his diabetic snack of an apple, pear, or pieces of melon, the dogs each get a bite or two.

Same here....

Claire said:
My geriatric, senile Jack Russels ....
My dogs also love non-citrus fruit, and their vets over the years have encouraged us to feed them that as treats as well. So when hubby has his diabetic snack of an apple, pear, or pieces of melon, the dogs each get a bite or two.
My cairn terrier will eat anything. She will stick her snout down your throat for strawberries. But, we will never again feed her eggs, or dairy products. Folks should know, we did the hard way, there is a reason for dog food.

Back
Top Bottom