"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #991
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
They claim that woman don't want to look lumpy because their pockets are full of stuff. Okay, let me decide whether or not to put enough stuff in my pockets to make me lumpy.

But, thank you for reminding me that I probably want a pair of men's jeans. Some of the men's ones come in stretchy now.
I already look lumpy.

I wore men's dress pants and jeans for years. Great pockets, and the hips and seat fit me better. They also came in longer lengths, which women's did not at the time.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #992
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I already look lumpy.

I wore men's dress pants and jeans for years. Great pockets, and the hips and seat fit me better. They also came in lengths, which women's did not at the time.
On me, the waist in men's jeans is always way too big, if I can fit my hips into them. But, after a few washings and dryings (preferably in the dryer) and stretchings by wearing, they fit fine.

I have big hip bones, really. I had 37" hips when I was underweight and I'm only 5'4".

Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #993
Executive Chef

Yeah, Tax, I'm a pear too!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #994
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Twice in 6 months the jumper cables are in the wrong car....

Upside, both cars have new batteries, so we won't have to deal with this again for a while.
Buy a second set of jumper cables, splurge and get a really nice set! I have never had to jump my own car, but everyone at work knows I have them and we've jumped numerous cars over the years to their owners relief!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #995
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I agree, pockets are a necessity! I've never understood why manufacturers short women's wear on pockets. And then the pockets they do have in jeans and jackets are dinky compared to those in men's clothes.
No kidding, I found a scrub top that was really cute...no pockets...what the????? I don't know any nurse who doesn't need pockets.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #996
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No kidding, I found a scrub top that was really cute...no pockets...what the????? I don't know any nurse who doesn't need pockets.
Remember the nice white uniforms nurses had to wear? They always had deep side pockets so you could carry your scissors around with you. And they weren't a short pair either.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #997
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Remember the nice white uniforms nurses had to wear? They always had deep side pockets so you could carry your scissors around with you. And they weren't a short pair either.
No, I don't remember them, I have never worn a white nursing dress or skirt. I have worn white tops and pants. I won't buy anything for work that does not have deep pockets. Where else am I supposed to carry my screwdriver, scissors, etc, etc.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #998
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
On me, the waist in men's jeans is always way too big, if I can fit my hips into them. But, after a few washings and dryings (preferably in the dryer) and stretchings by wearing, they fit fine.

I have big hip bones, really. I had 37" hips when I was underweight and I'm only 5'4".
I'm built like a 12 year old boy. No hips or butt, with big shoulders, and 5'9". Trying to find a size 4 pant in women's long is a challenge! Most clothing places figure tall gals are at least size 10, which would fall right off. Embarrassing in public.... Thank you Eddie Bauer, they have right sizes.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #999
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Buy a second set of jumper cables, splurge and get a really nice set! I have never had to jump my own car, but everyone at work knows I have them and we've jumped numerous cars over the years to their owners relief!
It's one of those things that you don't think about buying until you need them! LOL

Weird thing about living in a warmer climate, I've noticed that just about every one of my car batteries go without warning, works one day, the next day, not even keyless entry will work. I've been told that warmer climates are worse on batteries than cold, not sure how much truth is in that though.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #1000
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I'm built like a 12 year old boy. No hips or butt, with big shoulders, and 5'9".
5' tall, 36" around from shoulders to butt, no waist, even when I lose weight I never have a waist.