"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #1011
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Not apple or pear. Call it hour glass and for those with wide shoulders and no hips, top half of an hour glass.
Lets just hope the hour glass gets smaller on the bottom and not the top! Maybe I should hang upside down...all of the sand has landed in the "bottom" of my hour glass.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #1012
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I used to have a "booster pack" for my car. It had idiot lights and an audible alarm to prevent hooking up to the wrong terminals. It also had a powerful, built in flashlight, and a 12 V outlet. But, the sucker was heavy. It's got a lead acid battery inside that sealed, plastic outside. But, alas, it only lasted a few years. I forgot to keep it charged and it completely drained and died.

I really liked the fact that it wouldn't let you hook up terminals wrong. I have heard horror stories from people who got it wrong with jumper cables. I understand that one can now buy jumper cables with lights and alarms to keep a person from hooking it up wrong.

I just now did some online searching for booster packs and they have more features now: USB power outlet, AC power converter that plugs into the 12 V outlet, LED flashlight. But, they are more expensive. I read a bunch of reviews and I set a sales alert at Canadian Tire for the one I want. And this time I know not to ever let it drain to zero.
Spike once told me to let the batteries on my scooter run down to the bottom of the orange line. (I have a little red, orange, green thingy on my console.) Batteries have memories. The further down you let the battery run, the longer it will run before you have to charge it. Or something like that. Just don't run it into the ground. Unfortunately jumper cables don't work on a handicap scooter.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #1013
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

This apple shape...more like a cantaloupe, has never had a problem with mixing up the jumper cable leads. Of course, growing up in Wyoming...jumper cables were one of the first lessons in 2nd grade.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #1014
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm a banana that swallowed an apple.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #1015
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I'm built like a 12 year old boy. No hips or butt, with big shoulders, and 5'9". Trying to find a size 4 pant in women's long is a challenge! Most clothing places figure tall gals are at least size 10, which would fall right off. Embarrassing in public.... Thank you Eddie Bauer, they have right sizes.
Do you buy Eddie Bauer on-line or is it a walk-in store? That is, do you buy the jeans by measurements? I'm not sure I trust my measuring skills. Last time I tried to buy jeans, nice jeans, to replace my worn-looking ones, first it was try to find a pair of the old-fashioned, waist-where-it-belongs instead of low-rise kind. Second, when I did find their sparse stock of this style, they were bleached-out, had bling, or few pockets. I had to admit the pair I was wearing looked better to me than any they had. I think it was at Penny's. I'm thinking of looking at the Tractor Farm Supply store. Hopefully those precious little chirping chicks are all gone by now.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #1016
Chef Extraordinaire

I have no butt. I do have a waist. I always lose weight from the waist down, so my butt gets even more non-existent when I lose weight. And, thanks to swimming the butterfly, I have broad shoulders, and, that also toned the stomach muscles so I don't have a gut either (not that I'm complaining about that). I wish I had a butt...all my pants droop in the ass. Sitting on a hardwood chair for too long can be very uncomfortable.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #1017
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Back from lunch and happy & grateful to see all the new posts in answer to my problem. Went to lunch with my son & his wife -- he's usually my go-to for stuff like this but he had just last week replaced the float in the water treatment tank and I was reluctant to bug him again. But he went out to the garage & actually, Andy, did find another half-tripped breaker. Set it to rights first, then lunched, and when we came home he did some more looking (at what, I don't rightly know). Bottom line, it was his opinion, which I trust implicitly, to get another m/w. So I'll go back into my household receipts and see if I can find any warranty information, and failing that just go ahead and buy a new one. I do m/w so much that I value having one and will end up paying much less (one purchase price) than the bill (every month) for my TV dish service.

Bless your hearts, y'all, for the help.

(to be continued, probably at Target)
I decided to look at the Best Buy on-line store before going shopping. The prices seemed pretty high so I tried Amazon. Bottom line, I took delivery yesterday of a new Panasonic microwave and took the time in the afternoon to actually read the booklet that came with it. I like it pretty well but it's bigger than my old one and my counter space was limited already. Plus, the old one had a handle and this one has a push-button opener. But I paid more for this one and hope it won't turn up its toes as quickly as the cheaper one did. I sure hate throwing away the old one, which looks brand new. I did find my receipt -- it was 3 years old almost to the day. My tempus sure fugits.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #1018
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post

Do you buy Eddie Bauer on-line or is it a walk-in store? That is, do you buy the jeans by measurements? I'm not sure I trust my measuring skills. Last time I tried to buy jeans, nice jeans, to replace my worn-looking ones, first it was try to find a pair of the old-fashioned, waist-where-it-belongs instead of low-rise kind. Second, when I did find their sparse stock of this style, they were bleached-out, had bling, or few pockets. I had to admit the pair I was wearing looked better to me than any they had. I think it was at Penny's. I'm thinking of looking at the Tractor Farm Supply store. Hopefully those precious little chirping chicks are all gone by now.
I buy online. EB has several different styles, curvy, boyfriend, perfectly straight, and some others. The straight ones were the first I've ever had that didn't bag in the butt and pooch out in the hips, they actually fit! No bling, and decent pockets. They have decent sales too.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #1019
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I have no butt. I do have a waist. I always lose weight from the waist down, so my butt gets even more non-existent when I lose weight. And, thanks to swimming the butterfly, I have broad shoulders, and, that also toned the stomach muscles so I don't have a gut either (not that I'm complaining about that). I wish I had a butt...all my pants droop in the ass. Sitting on a hardwood chair for too long can be very uncomfortable.
I hear ya! I keep a pillow in my car for long meetings on hard chairs.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #1020
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I buy online. EB has several different styles, curvy, boyfriend, perfectly straight, and some others. The straight ones were the first I've ever had that didn't bag in the butt and pooch out in the hips, they actually fit! No bling, and decent pockets. They have decent sales too.

Eddie Bauer sells boyfriends !!!

I've purchased from Eddie Bauer online and have always been happy.

You might also check for their outlet stores. We had one where I used to live and we got a lot of things there and again .. were always happy with the purchases.