Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It restricts exit for the Alzheimer's victim, by the time a hook and eye are needed they have someone at home with them 24 hours a day. A good shove by someone able bodied will pop the eye from the door frame in an emergency.

My thoughts exactly. The Alzheimer patient will start to cry before they would pull hard enough on the door for the eye to come out. Alzheimer patients get frustrated very easily and give up quickly. :)

I don't gab on the phone a lot. I'm not very worried about missing calls, but I don't go for a short walk without my cell phone. I can't imagine driving any where without it.

Thank you all for the several kicks in the pants about the dreaded cell phones. I'll burn my Luddite member's card and go read the directions on how to operate the little beast. I scanned the booklet yesterday and find that with all the pre-paid minutes that came with the phone, I can call Albania or Tanzania. Or maybe play "Gotcha" -- sneak up on Son #2, who has Caller ID. He'll see my new number and say, "Oh, good. It's not Mom."

One Con-Vent: Happy Spring, All. :flowers:

Thank you all for the several kicks in the pants about the dreaded cell phones. I'll burn my Luddite member's card and go read the directions on how to operate the little beast. I scanned the booklet yesterday and find that with all the pre-paid minutes that came with the phone, I can call Albania or Tanzania. Or maybe play "Gotcha" -- sneak up on Son #2, who has Caller ID. He'll see my new number and say, "Oh, good. It's not Mom."

One Con-Vent: Happy Spring, All. :flowers:

Sometimes you have to see it from your kid's point of view...:)

the way of the world is not your way. your new phone will have to bend to your will, tinlizzie--that's your contract....:)

However, I do believe the world is too much with us.

PS - A little while ago while watching the noon news on TV, there came a strange, tinkling melody. Duh. I didn't reach the phone soon enough and it quit. There may be a message; I'll broach that subject later today. One step at a time.

PS - A little while ago while watching the noon news on TV, there came a strange, tinkling melody. Duh. I didn't reach the phone soon enough and it quit. There may be a message; I'll broach that subject later today. One step at a time.

That was probably one of your children calling you to see how you like the phone. YOu can see who called.

I was just getting used to my cell phone when I flew home to California in November. For my ring-tone I had put the song "Trust in Jesus" on it. I was sitting at the airport and a couple guys sat down near me. I could see they were fooling around with some electronic device. As I sat I heard a song start to play. The first thought that came to me was, "Hey, those guys are listening to the song that is on my phone!" Then I realized it WAS my phone! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I was just getting used to my cell phone when I flew home to California in November. For my ring-tone I had put the song "Trust in Jesus" on it. I was sitting at the airport and a couple guys sat down near me. I could see they were fooling around with some electronic device. As I sat I heard a song start to play. The first thought that came to me was, "Hey, those guys are listening to the song that is on my phone!" Then I realized it WAS my phone! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I love it when a bunch of folks are together and one phone rings. They all reach for their phone. You really can't tell whose phone is ringing unless you have it on your body and set on ring and vibrate together. :ohmy:

Imagine my surprise when my mom's phone rings and it's Lady Gaga's Poker Face. That kind of thing will mess with your head! I think that is the only pop song that she knows the lyrics to. It came on in the car and she sang it along with the radio, she usually listens to country!

Imagine my surprise when my mom's phone rings and it's Lady Gaga's Poker Face. That kind of thing will mess with your head! I think that is the only pop song that she knows the lyrics to. It came on in the car and she sang it along with the radio, she usually listens to country!

The secret lives of moms! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I am sitting here calling myself every name I can think of. Wednesday when I went to talk in front of the City Council, I banged my shin bone getting into the van and broke the skin. The cut is fine. But where I banged the bone is extremely painful. On scale of one to ten, the pain is an 11. I cannot walk oni it. I knew early this morning that there was going to be pain. But I refused to take pain pills. I had plans to go get my Peeps. I can forget that idea. I am not sure I will be able to say seated on my scooter. And I sure don't want to fall down and break a hip. I did this to myself. I am always doing stupid things to myself so that I don't put other people out of the way. All I had to do was to ask for help getting into the van. The van was too high for me. I knew that when they first opened the door. "Oh no. I don't need help. I can do it myself. Thank you for asking." What is wrong with that stupid statement that I am constantly making to other people. What hapened to my New Years resolution to stop being so stubborn. I need someone to hit me up side of my head and knock some sense into me Any volunteers?:ohmy:

Vent over!

Code:
Addie,

Always let people help, it makes them feel good and that is enough of a reason.

When you get your Peeps make sure you put one in the microwave and watch the show.

I hate to eat them but, I love watching them in the microwave.

Cheep fun ya might say!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Addie,

Always let people help, it makes them feel good and that is enough of a reason.

When you get your Peeps make sure you put one in the microwave and watch the show.

I hate to eat them but, I love watching them in the microwave.

Cheep fun ya might say!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Cheep Cheep! I will have to buy six. I always eat just four. It is my treat for the year. Cheep Cheep! :pig:

Back
Top Bottom