"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #1071
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Why don't you just take the kids and go without him?
I do sometimes but it upsets him so I don't do it very often.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #1072
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post

I do sometimes but it upsets him so I don't do it very often.
Why does it upset him?

Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #1073
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
+1, hope you feel better, PF!

I'm trying to burrow through mounds of paper. Just how much paper is a person supposed to deal with? I pay all bills on line, which is supposedly "paperless", yet the piles are unending. Getting Mom's mail forwarded here is not helpful either. She got every obscure catalog I've never heard of, and was a huge fan of Publisher's Clearinghouse, which sends out stuff every 15 minutes. I try to shred anything with identifying info, and recycle the shreddings and the rest. Can't keep up!
Dawg, just shred the sheets that have her name on it and the application. I would have to empty the bin every day if I shredded everything. The best thing I did was go paperless. I get so little mail now. Mostly junk. After the 15th of the month, I get no mail.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #1074
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Why does it upset him?
I don't know, he doesn't talk about how he feels. You're guess is as good as mine.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #1075
Executive Chef

I had an appointment today to get trained on how to do my sleep study tonight. When I was called to set the appointment I was told that it was a 2:15 appointment. It was at a place close to work, so I was able to leave at 2:00 and get there about 2:10. I filled out the paperwork, gave them the co-pay, and sat in the waiting room to wait. I knew it would be a group appointment, so I was surprised when it was me and one other lady in the waiting room. At 2:30 two other ladies showed up, signed in, filled out paperwork, and waited along with me. at 2:40 one last person showed up and joined us after doing the paperwork too. At 3:00 someone finally came and gathered us all to go to the training. I was ready to scream after waiting 45 minutes after the appointment was to start. What was the first thing the trainer said? "we may have to wait a few minutes for one last person." What did I say? "No, we cannot wait for another person to come. The appointment was for 2:15 and they are really late!" Well, lucky for the trainer he decided to start without her, and she didn't show up anyway. It's bad enough I have to do this silly sleep study, and then they choose to mess with me!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #1076
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm apt to tell people how much I make an hour and I start charging 15 minutes after my appointment time. I'm a busy person, too...that's why I make appointments.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1077
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I had an appointment today to get trained on how to do my sleep study tonight. When I was called to set the appointment I was told that it was a 2:15 appointment. It was at a place close to work, so I was able to leave at 2:00 and get there about 2:10. I filled out the paperwork, gave them the co-pay, and sat in the waiting room to wait. I knew it would be a group appointment, so I was surprised when it was me and one other lady in the waiting room. At 2:30 two other ladies showed up, signed in, filled out paperwork, and waited along with me. at 2:40 one last person showed up and joined us after doing the paperwork too. At 3:00 someone finally came and gathered us all to go to the training. I was ready to scream after waiting 45 minutes after the appointment was to start. What was the first thing the trainer said? "we may have to wait a few minutes for one last person." What did I say? "No, we cannot wait for another person to come. The appointment was for 2:15 and they are really late!" Well, lucky for the trainer he decided to start without her, and she didn't show up anyway. It's bad enough I have to do this silly sleep study, and then they choose to mess with me!
(((hugs)))

I hate that. Doctors and there receptionists seem to think that your time is worth nothing compare to a doctor's time.

I used to see an ophthalmologist at a hospital clinic. They would give everyone an appointment for 13h00 and I usually got to see the doctor around 16h or 16h30. They seemed to have people go in and see the doctor in some random order that didn't even match to when the patient showed up. It's one of the reasons I switched to a different ophthalmologist.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #1078
Master Chef

THAT, chopper, is why one of my pet peeves is people who run late. Take my husband---Please! (Bazinga!) I keep telling him every Sunday that if God makes us wait as long to get into heaven as we made him wait for us to finally show up at church we'll be hanging around quite a while.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #1079
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm apt to tell people how much I make an hour and I start charging 15 minutes after my appointment time. I'm a busy person, too...that's why I make appointments.
Well, the appointment was at the senior center for the medical insurance company, so just the fact that it was at a senior center made me crazy enough. I'm not a senior yet. I had to pay a 50 dollar co-pay, not to mention I pay a fortune for my premiums. Getting the 50 bucks back would have been nice. I know that the reason the appointment was there was to save money, just not MY money. I hate what is happening to the whole health care system now. It is getting worse all of the time. More money, less service....
Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #1080
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
My DH is an introvert to the 9th degree. That's one of the reasons we live in separate houses. He drives me crazy.
Separate HOUSES??? Wow, and here I thought I was lucky that we each have our own bathroom. I'm jealous...