Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This wireless mouse is definitely weird. First thing this morning while trying to catch up with new posts on DC, it was acting just like a fly trying to get out a window. It did everything except buzz.

Not what I want to deal with before I've finished my first cup of coffee in the morning.

Now it is acting like a mouse should. I guess I'll just have to see the humor in it or I'll go nuts. It did look kinda cute trying to get out the window.

This wireless mouse is definitely weird. First thing this morning while trying to catch up with new posts on DC, it was acting just like a fly trying to get out a window. It did everything except buzz.

:LOL:

I have a touch pad on my laptop. Sometimes it acts like a grasshopper - I try to point and the cursor jumps somewhere random.

:LOL:

I have a touch pad on my laptop. Sometimes it acts like a grasshopper - I try to point and the cursor jumps somewhere random.

I don't use a touch pad if I have any alternative. It gets brushed or touched when I type and moves around that way. The mouse I had before was one of those retractable ones. The cord was too short even when extended all the way. I read up on reviews before I bought this one. Apparently it is a common problem.

If I just give it a little slap, it behaves! I can't get over how, this morning when it went haywire, it looked just like a house fly trying to get out a window. (Window, get it?) I understand jitterbug other than just a dance. The whole thing gave me giggles which is amazing since I hadn't finished my first cup of coffee yet.

I hope my morally disgusting in laws just rot in a fiery pit of lava!

My husband found out last night that his dad passed away. In 2008.

Nobody bothered to contact him about it. I feel very bad for him, and know how it feels. I wasn't contacted by anyone when my dad died, until 9 months after the fact. No were weren't and hadn't been in contact with any of them for many years. But seriously I would have thought one of the ghoul sisters would have had some kind of morals. Do the right thing!

I'm just livid!

Nobody bothered to contact him about it. I feel very bad for him, and know how it feels. I wasn't contacted by anyone when my dad died, until 9 months after the fact. No were weren't and hadn't been in contact with any of them for many years. But seriously I would have thought one of the ghoul sisters would have had some kind of morals. Do the right thing!

I'm just livid!

That is harsh. I don't know how people can live like that. I really don't.

I'm just livid!
That's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that he just found out. With family like that, you two are fortunate to have each other.

:huh:Barbara

I think I may lose my job. The couple who owns the place is going to get divorced and he is trying to force her in to bankrupcy. He is a @*##@!. It is running well and making a buck. You wouldn't believe the drama every day. Oh well, I have over 25 years experience in this trade and will be working soon enough. It sucks, because I like this job.

Munky, I am sending big hugs for both you and your DH. I can't imagine how people can be so cruel. Even if you have not been in touch for whatever reason, you have a right to know.

Rock, I feel for you as well. But if you can find work elsewhere, at least you don't have to put up with what's going on in their personal lives.

I think I may lose my job. The couple who owns the place is going to get divorced and he is trying to force her in to bankrupcy. He is a @*##@!. It is running well and making a buck. You wouldn't believe the drama every day. Oh well, I have over 25 years experience in this trade and will be working soon enough. It sucks, because I like this job.

Where one door closes a better one opens up. Good luck I hope it all works out.

Munky.

Thanks, I knew it was coming. I just have not found another job yet. I am kinda hoping for a mini vacation. Much needed after working at that place for over 5 years!!! I just hope I can get by on unemployment.

I stocked: the freezer with meat and veggies and Butter. Also canned and dried beans. Rice and Pasta. Cooking oils. Canned veggies and broth. (some I had to store under my bed hehehe) Flours and Sugars.

Last edited:

I'm just livid!

Perhaps they thought you were not interested if you haven't spoken in years. I don't think I'd be so upset if that was the case. I don't see being told about a death would matter if the family wasn't in contact for years.

It matters when it all comes down to doing the right thing. They chose not to tell him. They denied him the chance of saying good bye to his dad. It's not that hard of a thing to do to pick up a phone and at least inform him dad's sick. He's a grown man now not a child and can make up his own mind.

What they did was inexcusable.

I'm just livid!

Oh Munky! I am so sorry and sorry for DH's hurt. What his sisters did is not right! Hugs for you both!

PF

Yes, that really sucks! Sorry! Hope something opens up for you soon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom