"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #1161
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
FWIW PF, I've had floaters in the eye for years. According to my doc they usually aren't any problem. Either you just get used to them and don't notice anymore or they get dissolved. Hopefully this is Shrek's case, fingers crossed.
It's blood in his eye that is causing the floaters. We have to watch carefully and hope the floaters are the only problem and it doesn't turn into a retinal tear. Another appointment next week to see if it's gotten worse.

I wouldn't have worried but these came on suddenly, in a large amount and got much worse, doubling over two days.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #1162
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's blood in his eye that is causing the floaters. We have to watch carefully and hope the floaters are the only problem and it doesn't turn into a retinal tear. Another appointment next week to see if it's gotten worse.

I wouldn't have worried but these came on suddenly, in a large amount and got much worse, doubling over two days.
Did they say they can do anything for it? When a patient has something wrong, doctors don't seem to realize that a week can be a long time to be worrying.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #1163
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Did they say they can do anything for it? When a patient has something wrong, doctors don't seem to realize that a week can be a long time to be worrying.
Since it is blood, it may settle by gravity and Shrek won't see it anymore. He is watching for flashes of light in his periphery or a dark "curtain" we are more worried about a detachment than anything else at this point. It's being watched and we were told that if anything happens to call ASAP, even at 3 in the morning and we will be met at the clinic for emergency care.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #1164
Master Chef

Quote:
Since it is blood, it may settle by gravity and Shrek won't see it anymore. He is watching for flashes of light in his periphery or a dark "curtain" we are more worried about a detachment than anything else at this point. It's being watched and we were told that if anything happens to call ASAP, even at 3 in the morning and we will be met at the clinic for emergency care.
Hang in there PF. I'll say a prayer tonight for Shrek's eye and your nerves.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #1165
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Hang in there PF. I'll say a prayer tonight for Shrek's eye and your nerves.
Thank you! It wears me out being a Hypochondriac for the both of us.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #1166
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Thank you! It wears me out being a Hypochondriac for the both of us.
That's what you get for being in the medical field.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #1167
Master Chef

The Jeans and Butt issue: I lost 30+ pounds over the past 18 mos. I've always been thick-waisted, and it has gotten so much worse! I lost a cup size - (seriously, 42c to 38b)(unlike some people who claim to be large-boned, my skeleton is big), I lost my thighs. I lost my butt. No hips to speak of. But the waist? Still there. I've always had the problem of fitting pants to my waist and having to wear pants that flapped around my bottom and thighs, but it's worse now. I've always been an apple anyway, and I'm more apple-ish now. It won't be an issue for awhile. But husband would like me to show off my slimmer profile and I told him wait for the fall (I mean, warmer weather is going to come soon, right?) and I'll make him my servant while I try on men's jeans for winter wear. Once it warms a bit, skirts and shorts will be fine (I'm still not happy with my thighs, but butt is regaining a curve. Lots of weight-lifting).
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #1168
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I totally understand, Claire. I will never be able to pull off wearing women's jeans...no waist!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #1169
Master Chef

Claire and PF, I might know of some help for you. I watch The Rachel Ray Show everyone once in a while and yesterday (Tue., April 23) was one of those days. They had a segment called "Decoding Your Denim" and had three viewers expose their problems and found jeans that looked better than what each individual came in wearing. Might give you some info if you view the clip. I've never found good fitting jeans ever and have given up - I own one pair of jeans for when I really need them, then wear sweat pants around the house most of the time. I'll even go out in my one pair of "dress sweats" for the really cold winter days 'cuz my legs get so very cold in jeans.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #1170
Chef Extraordinaire

I agree, it is so hard to find a pair of jeans that is just right!

You do have to spend a fair bit of time in the shop trying on numerous styles to find one that fits you like a glove