Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Addie. These suckers aren't budging for ANYTHING. I've done the hot facecloth thing and all kinds of other things too. My grump is that I have zits at all at my age! Sheesh!

Mother Nature just loves to have funnin' with us. :rolleyes:

Thanks Addie. These suckers aren't budging for ANYTHING. I've done the hot facecloth thing and all kinds of other things too. My grump is that I have zits at all at my age! Sheesh!

Second childhood, Granny?

<duck and run>

Addie said:
Babe and Skittles, I love a happy ending! :angel:

A couple of months ago, I got a survey from CMS. They are the ones that overlook how Medicare is doing. It got tossed out by mistake before I could fill it out. Well, this week I get a letter with another survey that starts with;

Dear Mrs. Addie, We recently sent you a survey and have not received your response yet. We are enclosing another, blah, blah. We are told that these surveys are anonymous. So how do they know I didn't send it back. There is a window on the back of the survey with a control number in it. Now I am debating on whether to send it back or not. I have filled it out. But it is sitting here waiting a decision. This particular survey is for patients under the care of complete care facilities like ESP. It determines what ESP can do to improve the care we receive with recommendations from Medicare based upon the answers they receive from the survey. It is the "anonymous" violation that is my hangup. I feel like I am being lied to.

Do I send it in or not? :ermm:

We've had to take surveys at work about our managers and work environment, and we turn them in to the managers in a sealed envelope. They keep track of who completed the surveys so they know we all did them, but they don't know the results. I'm guessing your situation is somewhat similar. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Like others have said, I don't think your care givers will see anything on your survey.

thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.
Phew. Delighted to read that your fur kiddies are home.

thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.

That is great news!

I hope you gave em a good talking to, a hug and some treats!

Makes me think of the song by Thin Lizzy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

"Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy!"

That is great news!

I hope you gave em a good talking to, a hug and some treats!

Makes me think of the song by Thin Lizzy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

"Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy!"

Excellent song Aunt Bea! Now I'll be singing it all day!

I am seeing RED! Every Saturday we have a FedEx driver racing up and down the lane behind our house, spraying gravel and dust. The lane dead ends and is accessed from each end off parallel streets, he needs to enter off of the other street to find the address he is looking for (he or another driver have been advised of this by neighbors). Any of us would be willing to help him find an address if he would just ask......instead of traversing the same route several times at a "high rate of fuel consumption"
expecting a different outcome! Pets and cildren beware!! When dh hollered "slow down" a few weeks ago, his response was, "hey buddy, I got work to do!" Well, I've got news for him, I've got work to do too...... And after today's display of road rage, I've had enough and my "work" was calling FedEx and turning his sorry hide in! Ahhhhh thanks for letting me vent!

Andy M. said:
That was absolutely the right thing to do. Report him every time. If he's running late, it's not your fault.

You know Andy, a few years ago, I would have done nothing. With age seems to come less tolerance for bad behavior, I have been a "public servant" private and government for more than 30 years and I just can't let some things go now! I have had to take a lot of unjustified crap from the public with a big smile on my face because "the customer is always right". Guess its my turn to be the "customer" that's not to say that my turning him in was "unjustified crap". He had an opportunity to change his behavior ;).

Last edited:
This being an elderly complex, there is a sign, "Shut off your motors." A lot of the residents have open windows and the exhaust fumes come into their windows. A few of the drivers (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) have had to learn the hard way. When you have COPD, it is no fun breathing in exhaust fumes. Every resident here will report you in a heartbeat. :angel:

I am not having a good day. So if I were you, I would stay as far away from me as possible. If I was younger, you would be saying I am having PMS. I get a call from Winthrop confirming my appointment for next Tuesday for my Vascular Doctor. That's okay. I had it marked down. Then I am informed that on Thursday I have an appointment for another appointment to take a look at my carotid artery in my neck. They seem to think there may be more blockage and it is causing my migraine headaches. That means three long uncomfortable hours on that table. At least they have the decency to break it up. Three times I have cancelled it. And yes, I really was sick. The first time was with that dang Norovirus. I guess I can't cancel again. Or else they will tie me down. What I am afraid of is that they will admit me right to the hospital immediately. I have been waiting for four years for the word. Then on top of that I am scheduled for the cataract surgery sometime at the end of this month or the first part of June.

Did I mention that I am not having a good day?

I finally get the colors of the embroidery thread straightened out. Marked them, and put them in a small sandwich baggie. Then I put the baggie where I would remember where it was. Yeah, sure. I forgot about Senior Moments. Of course it was right where it should have been. In my sewing bag with my other stuff. I only wasted an hour looking for it. Then I am faced with another dilemma. I have reading glasses. I can also use them for sewing. But I can't see the TV with them. Most of the time I just sew without any glasses on. And I need good light to sew. I can sit in the chair my son got me for Christmas. It has good light. But it is as the other end of the room at the farthest point from the TV. Or I can sit on the daybed. It has lousy light. If I put the bigger lamp next to the daybed, the bulb shines right in my eyes when I lay down. But I will have good light and I will be closest to the TV.

My doctor wants me to take my sugar readings early in the morning and the first thing I do. So what if I don't wake up until noon. Of course I didn't go to bed until 6 a.m. I need a big piece of chocolate right about now. Chocolate cures everything. Even a bad day. Anybody care to visit me today? Wear your armor! :wacko:

Last edited:
You know Andy, a few years ago, I would have done nothing. With age seems to come less tolerance for bad behavior, I have been a "public servant" private and government for more than 30 years and I just can't let some things go now! I have had to take a lot of unjustified crap from the public with a big smile on my face because "the customer is always right". Guess its my turn to be the "customer" that's not to say that my turning him in was "unjustified crap". He had an opportunity to change his behavior ;).
Somebunny,
after being blessed with 6 beautiful grand children I'd have turned his fanny in right now. These babies mean more to me than his sorry butt!!! He needs to think how life would feel if he hit a child or a car with a child or children in it.
so he needs to think and think hard.What a dweeb!!!
kadesma

I am not having a good day. So if I were you, I would stay as far away from me as possible. If I was younger, you would be saying I am having PMS. I get a call from Winthrop confirming my appointment for next Tuesday for my Vascular Doctor. That's okay. I had it marked down. Then I am informed that on Thursday I have an appointment for another appointment to take a look at my carotid artery in my neck. They seem to think there may be more blockage and it is causing my migraine headaches. That means three long uncomfortable hours on that table. At least they have the decency to break it up. Three times I have cancelled it. And yes, I really was sick. The first time was with that dang Norovirus. I guess I can't cancel again. Or else they will tie me down. What I am afraid of is that they will admit me right to the hospital immediately. I have been waiting for four years for the word. Then on top of that I am scheduled for the cataract surgery sometime at the end of this month or the first part of June.

I finally get the colors of the embroidery thread straightened out. Marked them, and put them in a small sandwich baggie. Then I put the baggie where I would remember where it was. Yeah, sure. I forgot about Senior Moments. Of course it was right where it should have been. In my sewing bag with my other stuff. I only wasted an hour looking for it. Then I am faced with another dilemma. I have reading glasses. I can also use them for sewing. But I can't see the TV with them. Most of the time I just sew without any glasses on. And I need good light to sew. I can sit in the chair my son got me for Christmas. It has good light. But it is as the other end of the room at the farthest point from the TV. Or I can sit on the daybed. It has lousy light. If I put the bigger lamp next to the daybed, the bulb shines right in my eyes when I lay down. But I will have good light and I will be closest to the TV.

My doctor wants me to take my sugar readings early in the morning and the first thing I do. So what if I don't wake up until noon. Of course I didn't go to bed until 6 a.m. I need a big piece of chocolate right about now. Chocolate cures everything. Even a bad day. Anybody care to visit me today? Wear your armor! :wacko:
So you're not having a good day HUH? Gottcha, I've had thise tii, Really take the glucose fasting reading doesn't matter the time. You have had nothing to eat during the night have you? So go for it. It will help you start your day. When I wake up and take mine any time it's under 100 I can hurrah and it makes my day. So start tomorrow and be glad at the reading. As to the carotid I had them the stupid girl how did min didn't look at what she was doing went to rub of the ointment they rubb on my kneck, she then ripped open my access for dialysis and they in turn had a fit. so I know the bad day crap. You are going to be fine, all the tests will come back saing OK and way to go. I just know it. Prayers and hugs just for you.
kades

Back
Top Bottom