Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone. It is nice to go somewhere where there are people willing to listen (and care enough to tell it like it is). I love you all.

I know I need to go to the ER or my doctor tomorrow. But I am so sick of doctors! I am tired of going to the hospital or even the doctor, having a barrage of tests and them saying "there isn't anything wrong". I have been living with this knee for a long time (my original surgery was 4 years ago this August with a second one on the same knee a month later), dating back to a ski accident when I was 15. The side pain I have been dealing with forever as well. But I have also been dealing with stress issues and I am just really tired right now of sitting in an ER for 8 hours to be told go home and take a couple of Tylenol Extra strengths for pain that morphine (which I hate) didn't help. I don't want pain relief I want answers!

Now that tyraide was NOT directed to any of you who gave me that advice. It is just how I am feeling right now. I feel all the love and hugs coming my way from you and it makes me at least want to try to get help.
Aw, sweetie, I am so sorry this has hit you like this. When you hurt, my heart hurts because I know how long you have had to deal with pain on top of pain on top of pain. We love you and are praying for you. I'm glad you are able to come here to vent. And I am glad you are (and hopefully very soon) going to go to the doctor.

Oh--LP, here's a little secret: instead of going to one of the ERs in Surrey, make a little drive to a community that has a hospital outside of the Surrey area. That's what we do, we don't go to an ER in Ottawa, no, we go to one in Kemptville or Winchester. Wait times are usually 20-30 minutes, and the doctors aren't rushed.
Thanks, CW. We do have a community hospital a little ways away - Delta Hospital. I have been there a few times. DH wants to take me there.

But I mentioned in another thread my Orthopedist heard from his receptionist has called and has asked for xrays today so that is a step for the knee.

This is not in direct response to anyone here, it is just something that occurred to me as I was getting ready to make tuna salad (from a can, and with jarred salad dressing and store-bought pickles).

I am so thankful that God blessed me with a forgiving palate. There are so many things going on in my life that are so much more important than whether I stooped so low as to use a "jar of this" or a "can of that" when preparing my meals. My forgiving palate and taste-buds allow me to truly enjoy my food, and not just the organic, picked/butchered 10 minutes ago, took hours to prepare meals that some apparently insist on eating (or they won't eat at all).

Getting off my soapbox now (store bought soap, I might add). :D

Ha ha, Barbara, thanks for that (not for the laugh cause it hurt, but the post that made me laugh!) :rolleyes:

Right now I can't eat much and am not able to prepare a lot of our from scratch meals (from necessity of DH's food intolerances). So he is fending for himself and I bought 10 for $10 packages of Lipton's noodle/rice/potato sides of which take me under 10 minutes to cook and give me two bowls full! My chef-instructors would be beside themselves if they knew, but I am getting something to eat and most of them aren't too bad tasting either! :)

Sorry you're having such a rough time LP- I hope they figure out what's going on and are able to get you some relief. Being in pain is so frustrating!!

Hey, I'm just a country girl. Grew up on a small "farm" with a garden just big enough to get us through summer with enough leftover to can a dozen or so jars of beans & tomatoes. We raised enough chickens, rabbits, guineas, & pigs to keep 2 freezers full. Even with this our cooking "from scratch" often involved store-bought fresh/frozen /canned products. Some of the things you guys mention, if I've heard of it, it's only from watching Food Network. If it has too many ingredients or takes hours to make I'm not likely to cook it. I'll leave the "fancy" stuff to my sister. She likes doing that kind of food. That's why she always volunteers to cook for holidays and birthdays. Free food for me & she rarely lets me do dishes either! :grin:

Hey, I'm just a country girl. Grew up on a small "farm" with a garden just big enough to get us through summer with enough leftover to can a dozen or so jars of beans & tomatoes. We raised enough chickens, rabbits, guineas, & pigs to keep 2 freezers full. Even with this our cooking "from scratch" often involved store-bought fresh/frozen /canned products. Some of the things you guys mention, if I've heard of it, it's only from watching Food Network. If it has too many ingredients or takes hours to make I'm not likely to cook it. I'll leave the "fancy" stuff to my sister. She likes doing that kind of food. That's why she always volunteers to cook for holidays and birthdays. Free food for me & she rarely lets me do dishes either! :grin:
For just a second, I thought you said guinea pigs! I know they eat them in South America, but I didn't think they ate them in Missouri! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Barbara L said:
For just a second, I thought you said guinea pigs! I know they eat them in South America, but I didn't think they ate them in Missouri! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:LOL: I thought the same thing!

I hear ya LP. Getting ready myself to head out and see the Men in white coats. I'm tired of looking at them. All stoic and such attitudes. Changed clothes twice already. Every blouse I pick is the wrong one. It going to be hot today and I'm stuck wearing long sleeved uncomfortable clothes.

Oh, and to top it off my youngest is driving."No, you can't drive down the center of the freeway!" Gawd it's chill pill time! :D

Good luck.

Munky.

Dawg & Barbara - If a Guinea pig got too close on butchering day, you never know what might happen. We have eaten groundhog. By accident. Brothers shot one in the garden, dressed it & put it in freezer for turtle bait without labeling it. Mom thought it was rabbit & didn't figure it out until she was already frying it for supper. It was too big for rabbit. It was a little greasy, but it tasted okay. She didn't tell us what it wad until after. You know I have a family of groundhogs in my backyard. Hmmmmm. . :grin: No, I think I'll pass & stick with store-bought chicken.

WOOO- HOOO!

This should be put in the happy vent section.
I've got Sweet Lady Luck on my side today. Dr's office called. My appointment has been changed to next week.

Now I can change.Wipe the war paint off my face and get back to finishing up my sewing table.

Maybe I should buy a Lotto ticket. Bet on the track and see how the rest of my day goes. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

The downstairs toilet won't flush, because the tank won't fill. The flapper is old and wrinkly. I bought a new flapper, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I bought a case of beer. Stirling was too tired to bring the case in from the car and up the stairs, so I grabbed four of them. I dropped one in the hallway to my basement door. I mopped it up. I picked up and swept glass. I washed the beer spot to get rid of the beer smell. I stepped on glass. I had two teensy, tiny, little pieces of glass in my foot and it was a bugger to get them out. Heck, it was hard to find them. I have air conditioning, but it isn't really keeping up with the heat. It's definitely hotter outside, but it's not wonderfully comfortable inside.

Okay, enough crabbing for now. I feel better.

Okay, I thought of a good vent!

NOTHING is sold in glass quart jars anymore. They are all plastic. The only glass jars are for pickles and they are 24 ounces or 48 ounces, not 32. And I don't trust the plastic enough to try to make it sterile.

I lie, I found a jar of local made BBQ sauce in a qt jar...for $9.99...the case of Ball Qt jars was $9.44. I got the case of Ball jars. Anyone need 10 new Qt Ball jars with lids???

PrincessFiona60 said:
Okay, I thought of a good vent!

NOTHING is sold in glass quart jars anymore. They are all plastic. The only glass jars are for pickles and they are 24 ounces or 48 ounces, not 32. And I don't trust the plastic enough to try to make it sterile.

I lie, I found a jar of local made BBQ sauce in a qt jar...for $9.99...the case of Ball Qt jars was $9.44. I got the case of Ball jars. Anyone need 10 new Qt Ball jars with lids???

Lol I was thinking as I started reading your post, "Can't you just buy quart jars?" but you beat me to it.

I feel like a prisoner!!! I came to St. Cloud about a week before I'm able to start work, so while my bf is at work I have nothing to do! Laundry is done, house is clean, we don't have any extra money I could use to entertain myself (since I'm not working...) and I don't know anyone here. Hm. 8 1/2 hrs til bf comes home and I'm already bored. Maybe I'll go disc golfing by myself...

Lol I was thinking as I started reading your post, "Can't you just buy quart jars?" but you beat me to it.

I feel like a prisoner!!! I came to St. Cloud about a week before I'm able to start work, so while my bf is at work I have nothing to do! Laundry is done, house is clean, we don't have any extra money I could use to entertain myself (since I'm not working...) and I don't know anyone here. Hm. 8 1/2 hrs til bf comes home and I'm already bored. Maybe I'll go disc golfing by myself...

Just wondering. How are you doing with all the flooding up your way? :ermm:

Addie said:
Just wondering. How are you doing with all the flooding up your way? :ermm:

Well, no one in my family was really affected too much, so I haven't heard as much as I would have liked, but I actually moved to St. Cloud the day before it happened. The water is receding, but of course everyone is going to have to deal with all the damage caused by the floods. One blessing is that it should drain off fairly quickly since Duluth is sort of built on a hill.

Back
Top Bottom