Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pag, as you should. I have rarely heard of a man reading a manual, sure glad yours does! Hoping for a quick cooling!

One reason why I do all the repairs around here....

:LOL::ROFLMAO:Same here. When I hand Shrek a screwdriver I hand it handle first, not for safety but so he will know which end to use. I own a better tool set.

Pag, as you should. I have rarely heard of a man reading a manual, sure glad yours does! Hoping for a quick cooling!

Wow. Next thing you know, he will be asking for directions after he admits he is lost. :ohmy:

The central air was doing just fine. Keeping the appartment nice and cool. And then the hubby decides that if he messes with the settings he should be able to save us on our electric bill and still keep the house cool. Did he read the manual? No. Did he check to see if there was a way to clear it back to previous/default settings? No. He just "played" with it. I mean, it's a thermostat. How complicated can it be, right? So now it's eighty degrees in the house (and climbing), even though the thermostat is set to 72, and he has no idea what the previous settings were because he "didn't pay attention". Which is why I get the ice pack and he doesn't.
And, fill the bathtub with water--it will help keep the place cool. Why is it that husbands can't/won't read manuals? I'm married to s/one with 4 degrees (most of which are in engineering). When a new DVD player, etc. enters our world, I have to read the instructions to him re: how to connect it. But, I must say, when it comes to fixing things, making things, etc., he is very, very talented and doesn't need me to tell him what to do--I just have to keep track of where he leaves various tools and his pencil...and tea cup.

PrincessFiona60 said:
:LOL::ROFLMAO:Same here. When I hand Shrek a screwdriver I hand it handle first, not for safety but so he will know which end to use. I own a better tool set.

:ROFLMAO: DH was a carpenter in a previous life, but his solution is still to beat the crap out of stuff with a hammer. Then swear a blue streak at whatever it is. Much easier and calmer to do it myself!

:ROFLMAO: DH was a carpenter in a previous life, but his solution is still to beat the crap out of stuff with a hammer. Then swear a blue streak at whatever it is. Much easier and calmer to do it myself!
Don't have one of those here--I have a concrete bathroom vanity that he designed and cast, a butcherblock counter top he did (sawed the logs to make the wood...etc.), floors done the same way, etc., etc. He definitely know how to swing a hammer, but he also knows how to wield a saw, pour concrete, put up drywall, lay tile, cast cabinet hardware, plumbing, wiring, you name it, he can do it....and can be very arrogant about it...I knew I should've taken shop instead of Spanish!

Don't have one of those here--I have a concrete bathroom vanity that he designed and cast, a butcherblock counter top he did (sawed the logs to make the wood...etc.), floors done the same way, etc., etc. He definitely know how to swing a hammer, but he also knows how to wield a saw, pour concrete, put up drywall, lay tile, cast cabinet hardware, plumbing, wiring, you name it, he can do it....and can be very arrogant about it...I knew I should've taken shop instead of Spanish!
When I was in school shop wasn't an option for girls, and boys couldn't take home ec.

Yes. Unbelievable.
But you gotta admit, we all wanted to be in shop with the cute boys instead of learning how to sew, do laundry, cook, and diaper babies! One skill of which I never have put into practice. But, perhaps I've spoken too soon, maybe that diapering skill will come in handy if I end up taking care of my parents at that stage in life...

Last edited:
But you gotta admit, we all wanted to be in shop with the cute boys instead of learning how to sew and diapers babies! One skill of which I never have put into practice.
No, that was the least appealing part. I liked smart boys.

I missed sewing. I did take cooking. I don't know if they taught diapering babies. I learned to diaper babies in a Danish hospital. I can even diaper a baby with a square diaper and no safety pins. I also know how to diaper a preemie with a wash cloth and safety pins pin.

Last edited:
Dawgluver said:

He got it figured out and the house is cooling down. Being a long time linux user, he got used to reading manuals when he couldn't figure things out on his own.

I do remember my mom getting a cutting board, out of pine, shaped like a pig, from each of my brothers as their final project in shop one year. I had to sew a laundry bag..which I still have...don't know what happened to those pig cutting boards...firewood?

purple.alien.giraffe said:
He got it figured out and the house is cooling down. Being a long time linux user, he got used to reading manuals when he couldn't figure things out on his own.

Yaaaaayyyy! Pag's DH rocks!!! And he can read!!!

CWS4322 said:
I do remember my mom getting a cutting board, out of pine, shaped like a pig, from each of my brothers as their final project in shop one year. I had to sew a laundry bag..which I still have...don't know what happened to those pig cutting boards...firewood?
Was there some requirement that all shop classes make pig shaped cutting boards? I remember my brothers bringing them home. I threw one out when I cleaned out my grandmother's house after she passed. Our current shop teacher is stuck on apples- apple cutting boards & apple bookshelves.

Was there some requirement that all shop classes make pig shaped cutting boards? I remember my brothers bringing them home. I threw one out when I cleaned out my grandmother's house after she passed. Our current shop teacher is stuck on apples- apple cutting boards & apple bookshelves.
Maybe the schools got a deal on the template?

I'm seething! The apartment management has neglected to get out the monthly schedule on time, again. Today is supposed to be a trip to Walmart, but Thursdays the trip can be at 10 AM or Noon.

I went to ask which and the gal was waving me away from her door because she's busy. I finally had to force the issue to ask her what time so I could be ready.

When I asked previously why they couldn't get the schedules out on time, she said that sometimes she hadn't gotten confirmation for one of the "events".

These "events" are usually some company who wants to offer services that can get them Medicare dollars.

My take is that if they can't be bothered confirming on time, then they can wait until next month.

Their take is that it is okay to inconvenience 300-400 residents instead!

Z, I don't blame you for being upset. This may be a burden to your office manager, and a insignificant bonus for the companies, but it is far more important to you and other residents. I am sure it means the difference between getting out and not getting out to many.

Is there someone above this woman in the office you can complain too?

Zhizara said:
I'm seething! The apartment management has neglected to get out the monthly schedule on time, again. Today is supposed to be a trip to Walmart, but Thursdays the trip can be at 10 AM or Noon.

I went to ask which and the gal was waving me away from her door because she's busy. I finally had to force the issue to ask her what time so I could be ready.

When I asked previously why they couldn't get the schedules out on time, she said that sometimes she hadn't gotten confirmation for one of the "events".

These "events" are usually some company who wants to offer services that can get them Medicare dollars.

My take is that if they can't be bothered confirming on time, then they can wait until next month.

Their take is that it is okay to inconvenience 300-400 residents instead!

I agree with LPB. Suggest to someone higher up that they print out the schedules with what they know, and write "pending" for anything that hasn't been confirmed, then print out a second schedule when they know.

Back
Top Bottom