"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #1281
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty vent here. No sleep last night. Beagle barked like crazy all night long. I'd scoop her up, bring her upstairs, cover her up, and she would get up, go downstairs, and bark some more. We've had a lot of coyotes and dog-coyote hybrids around, along with wild turkeys, deer, rabbits, and the neighbor's free-roaming cats, but I could see nothing. And DH was a snoring fool. In my ear. He insisted on having all the windows open, and the wood blinds kept clanking in the wind. And it was hotter than blazes. I told him we should have put on the AC. Tonight, if it happens again, I plan to shove both of them into the dog crate.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #1282
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Petty vent here. No sleep last night. Beagle barked like crazy all night long. I'd scoop her up, bring her upstairs, cover her up, and she would get up, go downstairs, and bark some more. We've had a lot of coyotes and dog-coyote hybrids around, along with wild turkeys, deer, rabbits, and the neighbor's free-roaming cats, but I could see nothing. And DH was a snoring fool. In my ear. He insisted on having all the windows open, and the wood blinds kept clanking in the wind. And it was hotter than blazes. I told him we should have put on the AC. Tonight, if it happens again, I plan to shove both of them into the dog crate.
We need a picture of that...

Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #1283
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

We need a picture of that...
You got it!

We might need a bigger crate...unless I get REALLY mad.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #1284
Master Chef

Or you could shove them both out that open window. At least it might scare the coyotes away!

Himself snores like a B-52 taking off. When we're home I usually wander down to the spare room. When we travel I have coping measures - these work: Mack's Ear Plugs
Old 05-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #1285
Master Chef

Dawglover, I hate noise blinds make. My DW always wants window open, fresh air you know, but I prefer ac.

Thank you everybody. Yes it is the blue cover. And my friend if was confused, was confused completely. Because dimensions are wrong either way. Not with the fringe and not without. Oh we'll, I'll just have to live with it.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #1286
Master Chef

So my kidney stone decided to move yesterday, ok, I understand it's a kidney stone, it is the second one I am having, the last one was a year ago, about the same time. Ok, of course I can complain that it hurts, but really what I want to complain is the fact that both times it happened on/during Sabbath. How fair is it? Day of rest, when I am not supposed to drive, watch tv, etc. of course the laws of sabbath are very strict and the same that says that you cannot do many things also says that life is too previous and must be protected, so I went to hospital, where nurse kept offering me to put on tv. Ok, lady, I came here, doesn't mean I should watch tv. Ok, I decided, I am complaining about pain too, it hurts, boys and girls.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #1287
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
So my kidney stone decided to move yesterday, ok, I understand it's a kidney stone, it is the second one I am having, the last one was a year ago, about the same time. Ok, of course I can complain that it hurts, but really what I want to complain is the fact that both times it happened on/during Sabbath. How fair is it? Day of rest, when I am not supposed to drive, watch tv, etc. of course the laws of sabbath are very strict and the same that says that you cannot do many things also says that life is too previous and must be protected, so I went to hospital, where nurse kept offering me to put on tv. Ok, lady, I came here, doesn't mean I should watch tv. Ok, I decided, I am complaining about pain too, it hurts, boys and girls.
Hope you feel better soon, Charlie. My understanding is that there are very few things more painful than a kidney stone, and there doesn't seem to be a lot doctors can do for them.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #1288
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Lemon juice is a kidney stone's enemy...3 tablespoons of lemon juice a day helps, make it into lemonade.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #1289
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Lemon juice is a kidney stone's enemy...3 tablespoons of lemon juice a day helps, make it into lemonade.
Good to know, I'll tell DH. Will any citrus work, like lime juice?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #1290
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Good to know, I'll tell DH. Will any citrus work, like lime juice?
Lime works, too...more acidic fruits. Shrek and my Dad have not had a reoccurrance of kidney stones since they started having a glass of strong lemonade/limeade every day.