"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1301
Chef Extraordinaire

I was getting some paper work in order. I ran out of staples. So I look in the cabinet where I have kept them for years. Of course with all the mess in there I couldn't find them. I thought they were on the bottom shelf. So I get down on the floor and nope. Not there. I pulled everything out and rearranged the bottom shelf. I have a bunch of stuff that I have to put aside for Spike. Trying to get up. Which is quite a job in itself. I am too old to being doing these things. I thought I was going to have to crawl on my hand and knees to get my phone and call for help. But I managed to get up. I used the cabinet to lean on hoping that the printer is heavy enough to keep it from tipping over. I still haven't found the staples. So back down on the floor I go. I find them, but now I have to put everything back in. Done. The cabinet is nice and orderly. Time to get up again. Didn't I learn the last time? I just sat there looking around for the most sturdy piece of furniture to lean on. I was afraid to press my luck with the cabinet again. I crawl over to my reading chair. Used the stool to lean on. Yea! I made it. But at what cost. I had to take a second pain pill today. I hate taking them. Lesson learned? I doubt it very much.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1302
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Thank you everybody. I actually felt fine this. Morning land went to work, but in the middle of the road pain came back and hit me so hate, I had to turn around and go back home. I took some pain killers and slept for a while, I think I will go try to drink some lemon juice.
You don't have to drink straight lemon juice, Charlie! Make it into lemonade with sweetener and water. I drink an apple cider vinegar drink each day made with honey and water, no worries about kidney stones here, either. You are just trying to acidify your urine so you don't develop new stones and can help reduce old stones.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1303
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I was getting some paper work in order. I ran out of staples. So I look in the cabinet where I have kept them for years. Of course with all the mess in there I couldn't find them. I thought they were on the bottom shelf. So I get down on the floor and nope. Not there. I pulled everything out and rearranged the bottom shelf. I have a bunch of stuff that I have to put aside for Spike. Trying to get up. Which is quite a job in itself. I am too old to being doing these things. I thought I was going to have to crawl on my hand and knees to get my phone and call for help. But I managed to get up. I used the cabinet to lean on hoping that the printer is heavy enough to keep it from tipping over. I still haven't found the staples. So back down on the floor I go. I find them, but now I have to put everything back in. Done. The cabinet is nice and orderly. Time to get up again. Didn't I learn the last time? I just sat there looking around for the most sturdy piece of furniture to lean on. I was afraid to press my luck with the cabinet again. I crawl over to my reading chair. Used the stool to lean on. Yea! I made it. But at what cost. I had to take a second pain pill today. I hate taking them. Lesson learned? I doubt it very much.
Once I'm on the floor, I make sure there is nothing else that needs to get done before I get up. THEN I start looking for something to help me up...my knees just will not lift me anymore.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #1304
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

You don't have to drink straight lemon juice, Charlie! Make it into lemonade with sweetener and water. I drink an apple cider vinegar drink each day made with honey and water, no worries about kidney stones here, either. You are just trying to acidify your urine so you don't develop new stones and can help reduce old stones.
Ah, so any citrus or vinegar will work, how about cranberry or pomegranite juice?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #1305
Executive Chef

A bird just pooped through our screen window and it landed on the kitchen floor? How in the .....?????
Old 05-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #1306
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ah, so any citrus or vinegar will work, how about cranberry or pomegranite juice?
Citrus and vinegar are more acidic than cranberry and pom, they should be used if you are working on stones you already have. Cran and pom are fine for prevention.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #1307
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
A bird just pooped through our screen window and it landed on the kitchen floor? How in the .....?????
Good aim...you didn't just mop the floor did you? I know they target just washed cars.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #1308
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Citrus and vinegar are more acidic than cranberry and pom, they should be used if you are working on stones you already have. Cran and pom are fine for prevention.
Thanks PF, good to know. Hope poor Charlie didn't try to choke down straight lemon juice!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #1309
Master Chef

Automatic load sensing washing machines take too long to complete a wash cycle. We've had our Whirlpool washer for 2 years now and I never liked it.
It takes over an hour to complete a regular wash, it's such an inconvenience, especially if you need to put the wash in the dryer so you can go to bed, go to work, or whatever, which is usually the case for me.
I don't care if it saves water. I'd like to be able to set my own water and load level, my time's more important. EOR.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #1310
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Automatic load sensing washing machines take too long to complete a wash cycle. We've had our Whirlpool washer for 2 years now and I never liked it.
It takes over an hour to complete a regular wash, it's such an inconvenience, especially if you need to put the wash in the dryer so you can go to bed, go to work, or whatever, which is usually the case for me.
I don't care if it saves water. I'd like to be able to set my own water and load level, my time's more important. EOR.
I hear you on that. How annoying.