"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #1331
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
I'm beginning to dislike UPS a lot.

I ordered something from Amazon, I have Prime with 2 day shipping. Amazon gets the package out very fast and gives me an estimate that it will be here Saturday 25th (today). Well shipping with UPS updated and told me that it would be here on friday, Yay early!

Well then there was a "late truck" on friday and it wasn't delivered. I figured that it would be delivered on saturday as originally planned since this is upgraded shipping and UPS delivers in my area on Saturdays. Guess what, it has been sitting at UPS since midnight and won't be here now until tuesday!

This was for a project, I have time to work on this project this weekend since I'm off, but that isn't going to happen!

Thanks for letting me vent!
__________________

__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #1332
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I'm beginning to dislike UPS a lot.

I ordered something from Amazon, I have Prime with 2 day shipping. Amazon gets the package out very fast and gives me an estimate that it will be here Saturday 25th (today). Well shipping with UPS updated and told me that it would be here on friday, Yay early!

Well then there was a "late truck" on friday and it wasn't delivered. I figured that it would be delivered on saturday as originally planned since this is upgraded shipping and UPS delivers in my area on Saturdays. Guess what, it has been sitting at UPS since midnight and won't be here now until tuesday!

This was for a project, I have time to work on this project this weekend since I'm off, but that isn't going to happen!

Thanks for letting me vent!
Oh dear! I am glad I am not your UPS driver.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1333
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I'm beginning to dislike UPS a lot.

I ordered something from Amazon, I have Prime with 2 day shipping. Amazon gets the package out very fast and gives me an estimate that it will be here Saturday 25th (today). Well shipping with UPS updated and told me that it would be here on friday, Yay early!

Well then there was a "late truck" on friday and it wasn't delivered. I figured that it would be delivered on saturday as originally planned since this is upgraded shipping and UPS delivers in my area on Saturdays. Guess what, it has been sitting at UPS since midnight and won't be here now until tuesday!

This was for a project, I have time to work on this project this weekend since I'm off, but that isn't going to happen!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Oh geez .. well that's really rotten !!

I have had it happen too but not over a holiday weekend .. I feel bad for you

Did you have to pay for shipping? If so I wonder if you can get a refund on that.


It's also getting pretty annoying when something is to be shipped UPS or FedEx and at the end they drop it to the post office for delivery .. it seems to take a day longer and when you make plans around a delivery it's annoying.

Hope it arrives early Tuesday and in 1 piece !
__________________
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #1334
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
is anybody besides me turned into a homicidal maniac hearing the kfc commercial, 'oh NO, i think i ate the BONES'---AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH--that mindless and maddening ad has me ready to kill something. i'll never eat kfc again--with bones, without bones--it don't matter. kfc is dead to me....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #1335
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
stupid commercial
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #1336
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,096
Oh crap. I've been so looking forward to watching Michael Douglas as Liberace in "Behind the Candelabra". And now we have a major storm and Directv is shot. Drat. Drat.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #1337
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
is anybody besides me turned into a homicidal maniac hearing the kfc commercial, 'oh NO, i think i ate the BONES'---AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH--that mindless and maddening ad has me ready to kill something. i'll never eat kfc again--with bones, without bones--it don't matter. kfc is dead to me....
I hope so. Live chicken is hard to eat. I think it's a stupid ad as well, but I just ignore it. The chicken is still good.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #1338
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
I saw two new K-mart commercials that I can't stand! One talks about "I shipped my pants" and the other is about "big gas." I think their play on words is terrible. Makes me not want to shop there.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #1339
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I saw two new K-mart commercials that I can't stand! One talks about "I shipped my pants" and the other is about "big gas." I think their play on words is terrible. Makes me not want to shop there.
They went out of business here...no shopping at K-mart. They had their employees park next to the doors so folks would know the store was open.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #1340
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Sears bought out Kmart, and we still have Kmarts around here. Stupid commercials.
__________________

__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.