Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ladies, I have to disagree with your approach. If you don't comment constructively, you are doomed to get he same stuff again. My SO knows she has to tell me the truth about a meal because she doesn't want it served again. I appreciate that. We discuss if it's salvageable with changes for a retry or no hope and delete the recipe.

"You just don't like it because I cooked it." "You never like anything I cook."

At least I try what he cooks, but if I say anything even faintly negative...:ermm: There are no constructive comments, he takes it all personally and is angry for days.

I just save myself the heartache.

At least I try what he cooks, but if I say anything even faintly negative...:ermm: There are no constructive comments, he takes it all personally and is angry for days.

I understand that very well. My Ex was the same way. She took any comment about the meal as a slap in the face. Worse because she did the cooking.

Just tell him "That's what all bad cooks say". (ONLY JOKING);)

I ate, kept my opinions to myself and he finished it off for lunch today. Next time he suggests it, I can say it wasn't my favorite thing to eat. Now, if i could just stop him from adding corn to everything...yes, he knows...for 31 years that I don't like corn cooked in foods.

I ate, kept my opinions to myself and he finished it off for lunch today. Next time he suggests it, I can say it wasn't my favorite thing to eat. Now, if i could just stop him from adding corn to everything...yes, he knows...for 31 years that I don't like corn cooked in foods.
Print this out and put it on the refrigerator door.
no-corn330.jpg

LOL!!!

Okay, now for a real vent.

I've waited for almost a week for today because we were going to order from my favorite place for lunch. Their computers went down, so they closed until at least 4 PM, no lunch today. Bugger, don't they know how to cook and take orders and money without the computers???

One restaurant I worked at, the power went out. We still had a successful lunch hour using the gas appliances and serving lunch by lantern and candlelight. We did run out of ice...but we served our customers with NO POWER.

Are restaurants these days no capable of operating if the computers die? How sad!

Andy M. said:
Ladies, I have to disagree with your approach. If you don't comment constructively, you are doomed to get he same stuff again. My SO knows she has to tell me the truth about a meal because she doesn't want it served again. I appreciate that. We discuss if it's salvageable with changes for a retry or no hope and delete the recipe.

We talk about meals constructively, but there is a fine line between critiquing and criticizing. When I come home and he has dinner ready to go on the table, all I'm going to say is "Thank you!" I am working on the dirtying unnecessary dishes thing tho. If you have a bowl you just used that needs a quick rinse, just give it a quick rinse and use it again... But the place we are moving into in September has a dish washer!!!! Yay!

Arrrggghhh! I'm so sick of studying!!! I should be getting paid for this anyway! New restaurant wants me to be able to name every type and brand of wine, and beer before I am allowed to go on the floor. My test is today, and I'm close, but not quite. Seriously, for the number of HOURS I have spent studying to be able to pass the food knowledge, beer, wine, and liquor knowledge, they should really be crediting me a couple hours on my check. AND the first work shirt and apron should not cost $35. Seriously. There are 33 total sparkling wines, ports, sherrys, reds, whites, and blushes, and I have not heard of one single brand. Not to mention 7 of them are "blends" so they don't even have a specific type. I've written them all down at least ten times, listed them out loud several times, and I just don't want to stare at this menu anymore. Just don't want to. Ok, back to the stupid wine list. HATE THIS!!!

Skittle68 said:
Arrrggghhh! I'm so sick of studying!!! I should be getting paid for this anyway! New restaurant wants me to be able to name every type and brand of wine, and beer before I am allowed to go on the floor. My test is today, and I'm close, but not quite. Seriously, for the number of HOURS I have spent studying to be able to pass the food knowledge, beer, wine, and liquor knowledge, they should really be crediting me a couple hours on my check. AND the first work shirt and apron should not cost $35. Seriously. There are 33 total sparkling wines, ports, sherrys, reds, whites, and blushes, and I have not heard of one single brand. Not to mention 7 of them are "blends" so they don't even have a specific type. I've written them all down at least ten times, listed them out loud several times, and I just don't want to stare at this menu anymore. Just don't want to. Ok, back to the stupid wine list. HATE THIS!!!

I'm pretty sure that is considered working off the clock. I cannot imagine that forcing you to study on your own time for a job being legal.

I hate that companies set a dress code, requiring specific items that have to be purchased through them, at often inflated prices. One company that I worked for required $23 polos, and they were terrible quality, needing to be replaced every 6 months or so.

LOL!!!

Okay, now for a real vent.

I've waited for almost a week for today because we were going to order from my favorite place for lunch. Their computers went down, so they closed until at least 4 PM, no lunch today. Bugger, don't they know how to cook and take orders and money without the computers???

One restaurant I worked at, the power went out. We still had a successful lunch hour using the gas appliances and serving lunch by lantern and candlelight. We did run out of ice...but we served our customers with NO POWER.

Are restaurants these days no capable of operating if the computers die? How sad!

aww! but this inquiring mind wants to know.. what is your fave lunch spot? and what would you have gotten? aaaannnddd are you going to order next week?

My 8 year old Gray decided he may not like corn anymore since "Princess Fiona" doesn't. :ermm: and Blissful, you got a "bro fist' for the picture. :ROFLMAO:

(he came over here one day when I was typing and saw PF's name and he was smitten) :LOL: He just now saw the whole corn thing!

My 8 year old Gray decided he may not like corn anymore since "Princess Fiona" doesn't. :ermm: and Blissful, you got a "bro fist' for the picture. :ROFLMAO:

(he came over here one day when I was typing and saw PF's name and he was smitten) :LOL: He just now saw the whole corn thing!
:LOL::LOL::LOL: It took me the longest time to figure out 'bro fist'......but I get it now.:LOL:
This is for Gray.
say_no_to_drugs_say_yes_to_tacos.jpg

This is gonna be fun...

The apartment management has notified us that our electricity will be off from 8a – 5p on Monday.

It’s a good thing I’m shopping tomorrow. I’ll pick up some French bread and make cold cut sandwiches, coleslaw and cottage cheese.

I can crank up the refrigerator ahead of time to keep things colder longer.

It’s a good thing I’ve got a bunch of books to read.

Zhizara said:
The apartment management has notified us that our electricity will be off from 8a – 5p on Monday.

It’s a good thing I’m shopping tomorrow. I’ll pick up some French bread and make cold cut sandwiches, coleslaw and cottage cheese.

Eeks! Hope you don't need the A/C!

THAT sounds like a day of vacation, no buzzing noises from appliances running, no door bells, no phone ringing (?), no tv blaring, no radio clocks making noise. Put out a blanket on the floor, light a candle, open the windows and have a picnic!

aww! but this inquiring mind wants to know.. what is your fave lunch spot? and what would you have gotten? aaaannnddd are you going to order next week?

The Mustard Seed - Fresh green beans (wokked in soy glaze, garlic and chili paste) and Chicken Osaka (lemon and mustard sauce) with rice and Asian Slaw. I would order it every day if I could afford it...$17.90 a day. But worth it once a month.

How sweet...good thing he is too young for me:) Just tell him girl Ogres don't like corn because it gets stuck in their teeth and makes our skin turn yellow instead of the nice shade of green.

Back
Top Bottom