"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #1451
Executive Chef

So about a week and a half ago I was feeling like I was catching a cold - not happy about that ! After 3 days of doing what I always do when I catch a cold I was NOT feeling well. So a quick trip to the doc and holy crap .. I have walking pneumonia In addition to that COPD is rearing its ugly head. So I'm on antibiotics, steroids and nebulizer and inhaler treatments. I am feeling a bit better now, and DH says I have color in my face again, but I'm pretty much P.O.'d that I am so friggin' tired and weak. I am NOT a good patient but this is really kicking my rear. Guess I'm lucky DH is still here and has a tough skin. I really need to just calm down, relax and go with the flow but it's so not me to just sit around

Old 07-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #1452
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs))) MrsLMB. Read a book; surf the web - look up all the stuff you don't usually want to waste time on.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #1453
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, I don't know if this is petty or major, but I'm irritated that my blood count is low again, for no apparent reason, so I have to go to the hospital for a transfusion. Sucks. On the bright side, I'll take my tablet and extension cord so I'll have plenty to read and watch. So I won't be cooking tonight See you later. I have to pack.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #1454
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Well, I don't know if this is petty or major, but I'm irritated that my blood count is low again, for no apparent reason, so I have to go to the hospital for a transfusion. Sucks. On the bright side, I'll take my tablet and extension cord so I'll have plenty to read and watch. So I won't be cooking tonight See you later. I have to pack.
Bummer. Be sure to ask the doctor if there is anything you can do to prevent this. (((Hugs)))

Good thinking about the tablet and extension cord. Will you be able to get online?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #1455
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm going to have to transplant some chives and parsley. The compressor of the ductless a/c I'm having installed has to go where my composter is, so it has to be moved. I knew that was likely, so I have been trying to figure out where it should go. I will move three or four feet further from the house. I want it near the water faucet for rinsing the bin I use to collect vegi scraps and used coffee grounds and tea bags. I am not looking forward to moving that composter.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #1456
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Bummer. Be sure to ask the doctor if there is anything you can do to prevent this. (((Hugs)))

Good thinking about the tablet and extension cord. Will you be able to get online?
Thanks. It's a long and complicated story, but there probably isn't anything that can be done. A med I have to take to prevent incapacitating headaches damages my small intestine, plus there are complications from another condition, etc. One of those things that can't be helped. Yes, I can get online. The hospital has a free wireless network for anyone to use. Time to go, DH is here to drive me over
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #1457
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Get better soon, GG!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #1458
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I had been rushed to the hospital and was just there overnight for observation. Or so they told me. Said I could go home the next day. I was adamant about making them keep their word. The doctor wanted me to stay longer than the regular checkout time so I could receive a pint of blood. Nope. I am going home! The next day I found myself back in the ambulance and had to stay overnight again so that I could receive TWO pints of blood. Lesson learned.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #1459
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
... I was NOT feeling well. So a quick trip to the doc and holy crap .. I have walking pneumonia In addition to that COPD is rearing its ugly head....:
Wow, nasty! (((hugs))) Glad they figured out what you have and you get back to normal - or what passes for normal in your own little world! (Normal here is half-crazy anyway ) This is nature's way of telling you to relax! Trashy novel or chick-flick time for you.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #1460
Master Chef

Quote:
Good Lord GG! I'd put this one in the major vents thread, so you're a real trooper. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll be back in the kitchen cooking before...the doctor things you should.