Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 and for the dishwasher soap trick.
It's rather embarrassing, having a reputation of teaching people this trick.:LOL: In case anyone missed it.:LOL:
To whiten whites, with VERY hot water, add bleach and some dishwashing detergent and some homemade laundry soap (or store bought), stir with a stick, say a few incantations of your favorite song and toss in the whites. It turns out quite purty. Whites sparkling white like the first snow of Christmas.:mrgreen:

I avoid Mother's Day and Father's Day services at church and only go to weddings of family or very close friends. I'm still somewhat bitter that I never had the blessings of husband and children. Listening to a sermon about the virtue of marriage and raising children hurts and puts me into a mild depression for a day or so. Sometimes reading FB posts from high school classmates going on about their children and grandchildren brings up that same yearning/jealousy. I've thought about foster care or adoption but my house isn't big enough for another person or in good enough condition to sell and I can't afford to fix it. I'm old enough now that I've got to accept that I'll grow old alone. I've never liked being alone but what is. ..is. My few friends have families of their own and we rarely see each other. That's partly why I show up at school several times a week during summer break. If not for my parents and my job, I don't think anyone would notice for quite a while if something should happen to me.
Well, enough wallowing in self-pity. I need to get to bed.

Some are childless, but not by choice, it was just not in the cards. My eldest would have been 34 this year. I will never "get over" it, but I do not avoid circumstances where others are celebrating their joy.

I bet there are kids in your life that love you as much as they love their own mothers. Those are YOUR kids, whether you think of them that way or not.

Last edited:
Cindercat,
Lord knows, I ain't the best source of advice for much of anything, but
I know that that you cannot face the future whilst looking over your shoulder at the past.
Claire, Aunt Bea, and PrincessFiona give good advice.
I hope you will find the strength to bring some peace into your life.

Cindercat,
Lord knows, I ain't the best source of advice for much of anything, but
I know that that you cannot face the future whilst looking over your shoulder at the past.
Claire, Aunt Bea, and PrincessFiona give good advice.
I hope you will find the strength to bring some peace into your life.
What Hoot said and

((((hugs))))

taxlady said:
What Hoot said and

((((hugs))))

+1

As a special education teacher, you touch the world of all your students and their families. They are your kids, and will never forget you. I'm in education too, and have been there long enough to be working with the kids of "my" kids. The trust and sense of relief from the families when they realize I'm there is comforting to all of us.

Cindercat, you do good work! One of my favorite SpEd teachers is also single, never married, but there was never a better advocate for her kids.

Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement. I should have known better than to get caught up on reading this thread late at night when I'm tired as soon as I saw the topic. I don't often dwell on my lack of husband or children. I do try to get out around people in social settings. I sang in church choirs, women's barbershop, exercised at the YMCA regularly & took adult continuing education classes for fun. I enjoy doing things for other people but would like someone to do things for me occasionally just because they want to. I get tired of being responsible for everything, from paying bills to fun activities, with no one to share some of that responsibility like families do. I love teaching special ed kids and probably won't retire until I am no longer physically able even though I'm eligible to retire this year. Even when I do retire, I don't intend to vegitate in my house and become the "weird cat lady." :)

I never thought I'd enjoy having chickens this much. I didn't know if I could even handle them when I first went to get the first ones. Now Pebbles spends part of each day on my lap or shoulder...does anyone else see a bird cage in the house in my future?

Beagle is not feeling well. She's thrown up her food for the last 3 days, (always on the carpeted areas of course), feels hot, and seems lethargic. Will make a vet appt. tomorrow.

My ani-mules were mad at me until about 20 minutes ago...I changed the way they eat...not the time, but what I am feeding them and how. Now they are back to ignoring me.

Dawgluver, hope your beagle feels better soon! Maybe try some plain cooked rice for dinner? Small amounts?

Back
Top Bottom