"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #1471
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

That's unfortunate. When I Googled 'Verizon nashua nh' I got three different store locations with different phone numbers within the Nashua area code.
We used to have a couple of Verizon stores here, now down to one, and they don't answer their own phone.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #1472
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We used to have a couple of Verizon stores here, now down to one, and they don't answer their own phone.

I wouldn't expect good service from a business that doesn't answer its phone.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #1473
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

I wouldn't expect good service from a business that doesn't answer its phone.
In my mind, it's not only inconvenient for customers, but what happens if it's an emergency for a store employee, and someone who works at the store needs to be contacted? They'll have to talk to Arizona, then be routed back to the store.

They're very nice in person. I'll have to ask them for a workaround the next time I'm in the store.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #1474
Executive Chef

Many thanks to the well wishes that came upon me .. I am doing much better now.

My petty vent is the prednisone.

It tossed me back a few years and re-introduced me to hot flashes and mood swings and that's a re-introduction I really did not need !

It is subsiding now and I only have 2 more days of single tab each day but I think my DH and dogs are still a bit gun shy LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #1475
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

It tossed me back a few years and re-introduced me to hot flashes and mood swings and that's a re-introduction I really did not need !

It is subsiding now and I only have 2 more days of single tab each day but I think my DH and dogs are still a bit gun shy LOL
I had a SIL that had Lupus. She was on Prednisone for most of her adult life. I saw the hell she went through. I have Psoriasis and anytime I have gone to a new dermatologist, the first thing they do is give me a blood test for Lupus. It always comes back Positive. They then want to schedule more tests. No Way! I have seen what she went through and as far as I am concerned the results of the blood tests are a False Positive. I have no desire to go through the tortures of hell. And other than the blood test, I have no other symptoms of Lupus.

I was given Prednisone eye drops when I had the cataract surgery. Fortunately it was only for one week. So I can sympathize with not only you but your family as well.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #1476
Executive Chef

Quote:

That is a tough one to be on. Glad you are almost finished.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #1477
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
In my mind, it's not only inconvenient for customers, but what happens if it's an emergency for a store employee, and someone who works at the store needs to be contacted? They'll have to talk to Arizona, then be routed back to the store.

They're very nice in person. I'll have to ask them for a workaround the next time I'm in the store.
Let's both hope there is an internal phone number for the staff to do in a situation like that. Heaven forbid that happens, the only option is to call using your Verizon cell phone...and all the employee can say is "can you hear me now?" because the connection is so bad!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #1478
Master Chef

Quote:

Wow LM, that's a sucky reaction! I bet you'll all be glad when you get back to normal. Sounds like you're close - hang in there.

My SIL has a muscular condition that warrants her to be on maintenance prednisone when it flares up. She balloons up when she's on it, but I haven't heard the hot-flash comment from her. I was on the 3-week, step-down program once. I also was "tossed back" a few years but I had good results. I could deep-knee bend AND get up without grabbing onto something, had as much energy as when I was a skinnier, younger woman, and wanted to go-go-go. Kidded my doctor that I would need to do the 3-week program when I had to get the house ready for market just to have the energy and interest!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1479
Certified Pretend Chef

OK, our Florida guests are all back in Florida, I took a day to make bagels and take care of a few other issues. I was planning on visiting a former neighbor today who just had a baby. Last night I started getting a sore throat and a little chest congestion so no baby visits for a few days. I don't like feeling crappy. It doesn't happen often so I'm not very good at it.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #1480
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
OK, our Florida guests are all back in Florida, I took a day to make bagels and take care of a few other issues. I was planning on visiting a former neighbor today who just had a baby. Last night I started getting a sore throat and a little chest congestion so no baby visits for a few days. I don't like feeling crappy. It doesn't happen often so I'm not very good at it.
Geesh Andy, don't you know summer is not the time to feel lousy? Just make sure you don't pass it along to that little guy that adores you. That is one present he doesn't want to remember. Get well really quick. And one for you. Sounds like you need one right now.