"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #1481
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Geesh Andy, don't you know summer is not the time to feel lousy? Just make sure you don't pass it along to that little guy that adores you. That is one present he doesn't want to remember. Get well really quick. And one for you. Sounds like you need one right now.
Little Guy was here Wednesday. I hope I didn't infect him.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #1482
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I bet his mother is hoping the same thing.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #1483
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
"Little Guy" might be the one who shared with you! Either way, I hope you feel better really soon the weather is too nice right now to not get out an enjoy. Although if you aren't on that beautiful, freshly painted deck I suppose there is nothing stopping you from getting better while outside. (PS - Hope you aren't allergic to those flowers...)
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #1484
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Well, the top button on my iPhone quit working. I can deal with that. I called the LOCAL number for the LOCAL Verizon store to see if I could get it fixed LOCALLY and got the whole menu of runarounds. After a half hour of this, and after stating to the autoserve that I wanted to talk to the LOCAL store rep, I was sent to Arizona and talked to a nice man with a heavy accent. He was able to patch me through to the LOCAL store, and was able to get a rep, who told me she would put me on hold for 2 minutes. 45 minutes later, she reappeared, apologized, looked up my account, and told me there was nothing they could do since I didn't get the insurance, unless I bought a new phone at full price.

Thankfully I'm eligible for an upgrade in August. What a PITA. You can't even call the LOCAL store directly and talk to a real person. Grrrrr.
Have you Googled for a local repair place? I know that we have a few in this city, it might be worth checking out.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #1485
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

Have you Googled for a local repair place? I know that we have a few in this city, it might be worth checking out.

Dawgluver.........

+1.....we have a local guy that works on Cell phones and iPhones in particular. I got his name from the "kids" at the AT&T store, after my first iPhone went for a swim in the loo. Maybe if you go in to your Verizon store your "kids" will have the contact info of someone LOCAL. Good luck Dawg. BTW .... When you say "top button". You mean the on/off button? I rarely use that one, except to "reboot".
Old 07-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #1486
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post

Dawgluver.........

+1.....we have a local guy that works on Cell phones and iPhones in particular. I got his name from the "kids" at the AT&T store, after my first iPhone went for a swim in the loo. Maybe if you go in to your Verizon store your "kids" will have the contact info of someone LOCAL. Good luck Dawg. BTW .... When you say "top button". You mean the on/off button? I rarely use that one, except to "reboot".
Thanks guys. Yes, the on/off button. I'm not terribly concerned, as I can upgrade in August. It was just the wasted time on the phone, and what local business would not have their own phone number, where you could talk to someone at the store?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #1487
Executive Chef

I hate the heat. I hate being stuck in my appartment with an airconditioner that hasn't worked correctly since last summer because I'm on-call. I hate having to talk to stupid people who call for help and then won't follow directions because they think they know better than I do. Well if you already know how to fix it then why do I have to be on the phone with you? I hate dealing with people who think having to dial a phone number manualy on their phones instead of right clicking on the number and clicking dial number is a problem worthy of calling the emergency oncall helpdesk. I hate it even more when they scream and cry and yell and accuse me of trying to sabbotage their productivity raiting when I tell them to put a ticket in and we'll take care of it Monday.

Sooo grouchy today. All of this has been building all morning and I ended up snapping at the hubby over something stupid. And that's what I hate the most.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #1488
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs))) PAG
Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #1489
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs))) PAG
+1!!

I got almost a full pound of a wedding invitation from my niece yesterday. What are these people thinking? The bad thing is, her dad is broke, and we have been lending him money for what we thought were essential expenses, not $20 pp wedding invitations. I will not be happy if this is where the money is going. The possibility is that the niece is in her late 20's, her DH to be has a good job, and hopefully they are paying for their own wedding.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #1490
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I hate the heat. I hate being stuck in my appartment with an airconditioner that hasn't worked correctly since last summer because I'm on-call. I hate having to talk to stupid people who call for help and then won't follow directions because they think they know better than I do. Well if you already know how to fix it then why do I have to be on the phone with you? I hate dealing with people who think having to dial a phone number manualy on their phones instead of right clicking on the number and clicking dial number is a problem worthy of calling the emergency oncall helpdesk. I hate it even more when they scream and cry and yell and accuse me of trying to sabbotage their productivity raiting when I tell them to put a ticket in and we'll take care of it Monday.

Sooo grouchy today. All of this has been building all morning and I ended up snapping at the hubby over something stupid. And that's what I hate the most.
Sounds like you need a lot of . Hugs to you PAG. I know how frustrating it can be when someone asks for a solution and then don't like the answer they receive. My next question to those folks is, "Then why did you ask me?" That usually brings the conversation to an end.