Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry roadfix, i am enjoying the heat. sick and tired of being cold. speaking of sick, this cold is making me very unhappy. i need all my energy to do things for the holidays. stopping and starting so i can rest, sucks.

heavy wet stuff here. I'm buying a snowblower tomorrow.

Thank you for reminding me of one of the few advantages to living in a condo. The condo association hires a company to deal with the snow. The other advantage is underground parking, even though we have a townhouse.

Thank you for reminding me of one of the few advantages to living in a condo. The condo association hires a company to deal with the snow. The other advantage is underground parking, even though we have a townhouse.
I notice you are in Southern Quebec. We're getting the same storm. I'm in the Ottawa Valley. As I said before, my house used to be my restaurant, so I have a large parking lot and the house is back from the road about 60 feet. I have to make room for three vehicles so that is a lot of shovelling. There was a time when I used to like doing it, but that time is gone, I'm afraid.:LOL:

Last edited:
Repair Bill

The good news is my oven is back up and running.
It took this long to get a repairman out to look at it. They only service the area once a month.

The ignitor went on it. The fist part he quoted it would cost $189.00. #2 was $108.00 #3 from some kind of kit was $89.30. His labor and service charge of $144.00. Plus tax on the part. Total $240.00. Ouch! He was here not even an hour.
They seem to keep the bill just under the cost of just replacing it. I didn't want it fixed. I was doing just fine without it. Could have saved my pennies and bought a better one. Now I have cook something in it. :neutral:

The good news is my oven is back up and running.
It took this long to get a repairman out to look at it. They only service the area once a month.

The ignitor went on it. The fist part he quoted it would cost $189.00. #2 was $108.00 #3 from some kind of kit was $89.30. His labor and service charge of $144.00. Plus tax on the part. Total $240.00. Ouch! He was here not even an hour.
They seem to keep the bill just under the cost of just replacing it. I didn't want it fixed. I was doing just fine without it. Could have saved my pennies and bought a better one. Now I have cook something in it. :neutral:

Pretty much extortion! Dang!

My vent! For over three years my Director of Nursing has been asking the same therapist for the total count of patients getting any kind of therapy. She delegated the task of filling out the paperwork and told me exactly who to talk to to get the information we need. I approached the exact same therapist and she acted like she had no clue what I was talking about and I had to reapproach her 4 times before she got it done.

I got all of the assorted information on patients, activity levels, certain medications, diets, toileting habits, etc in the space of 3 hours the day before, toiling through 45 pages of printout to get the information, it took her 4 hours to bring me one number that was printed out for her. ARRRGH!

This happens to me alot in this job, people acting like they never heard of it, just because I am the one doing the asking, they are pretty quick about it when I get the Director or my supervisor involved. Good thing I am enjoying myself playing with paperwork.:)

Last edited:
I figure I'd better get this vented before I explode. I got a letter this week from Social Security that since there was no inflation (?) there would be so cost of living increase in my social security.

Don't these people buy groceries? Is it just Louisiana that prices have gone up some much because of Katrina? I do not get it.

My SS has been the same for two years now. I do live in low income housing, so my rent is not affected, but groceries have skyrocketed in the year and a half I've lived here.

I'll stop here. I don't like feeling angry, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

I figure I'd better get this vented before I explode. I got a letter this week from Social Security that since there was no inflation (?) there would be so cost of living increase in my social security.

Don't these people buy groceries? Is it just Louisiana that prices have gone up some much because of Katrina? I do not get it.

My SS has been the same for two years now. I do live in low income housing, so my rent is not affected, but groceries have skyrocketed in the year and a half I've lived here.

I'll stop here. I don't like feeling angry, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

Shrek got the same letter with the added fun of paying for his Medicare subtracted...he was indignant, I told him he didn't get it for free! It's much lower than the $400 I was paying a month for his health insurance on my policy.

I got the same letter. I also have medicare deducted AND have to pay for additional insurance to fill the gaps in Medicare.

I got the same letter. I also have medicare deducted AND have to pay for additional insurance to fill the gaps in Medicare.

Yes, we are looking at the gap fillers now, too! So confusing! And I do the Medicare paperwork in my job, I still don't know what to do!:wacko:

Just curious, is the amount one pays for medicare based on income?

I don't think so, otherwise like everyone else, they would have told Shrek I make too much money. I'm the reason he can't get the VA benefits he is entitled to.:mad:

Yes, we are looking at the gap fillers now, too! So confusing! And I do the Medicare paperwork in my job, I still don't know what to do!:wacko:

It sure is confusing. I had to select a new insurance this year because last year's plan was canceled. You get tons of mail from insurance companies then you have to decide which of the plans for each company is the best for you.

Then there's Rx coverage...

It sure is confusing. I had to select a new insurance this year because last year's plan was canceled. You get tons of mail from insurance companies then you have to decide which of the plans for each company is the best for you.

Then there's Rx coverage...

I've never been on this end of the fiasco. I deal with making sure people are within the guidelines to continue receiving their Medicare benefits and I go all out to make sure they are getting it. I'm really good at picking the nits to get them the benefits. Many have to go to their Part B benefits, because they just cannot Rehab as fast as the government wants them to.

I've never been on this end of the fiasco. I deal with making sure people are within the guidelines to continue receiving their Medicare benefits and I go all out to make sure they are getting it. I'm really good at picking the nits to get them the benefits. Many have to go to their Part B benefits, because they just cannot Rehab as fast as the government wants them to.

Could you do a favor and find out how someone like me is going to get medical help and doesn't have it?

I'm on social security, but for now $100 a month is out of the question.

I will need medical care in the next few years. Transportation at my age is a problem too. How will I pay for medication?

If my body will just hold up, I'm at a great place with my life. I don't really want to go through any of the above. My motto is stress free living.

If I were to find out I had cancer and that I could extend my life by going through chemotherapy?

Forget it. Chemo doesn't work all the time, so your last few years are stressful, painful to you and those who love you. It isn't fair to them to have to watch you suffer. They suffer with you.

They shoot horses, don't they?

Okay, Princess Fiona, your Majestic Ogressness, you got me to talk about it. Good Job. Thanks XOX ((((HUGE HUG}}}}}}} Z

Last edited:
Could you do a favor and find out how someone like me is going to get medical help and doesn't have it?

I'm on social security, but for now $100 a month is out of the question.

I will need medical care in the next few years. Transportation at my age is a problem too. How will I pay for medication?

If my body will just hold up, I'm at a great place with my life. I don't really want to go through any of the above. My motto is stress free living.

If I were to find out I had cancer and that I could extend my life by going through chemotherapy?

Forget it. Chemo doesn't work all the time, so your last few years are stressful, painful to you and those who love you. It isn't fair to them to have to watch you suffer. They suffer with you.

They shoot horses, don't they?

Okay, Princess Fiona, your Majestic Ogressness, you got me to talk about it. Good Job. Thanks XOX ((((HUGE HUG}}}}}}} Z

Make an appointment with Aging Services in your area, after the New year, they are swamped right now with Open enrollment. Get yourself on the Medicaid Rolls ASAP. If not now, you will have to be filling out paperwork when you end up in the hospital and that is not the best place to be making these types of decisions. How long have you lived in NOLA, now? If it's been over a year you should not have any problems.

Use Aging Services, it's what they are there for! I know SS doesn't pay well, have you applied for disability? Becuase you sure as shooting cannot work with the way your back is. That should give you the extra so you can afford Medicare and the GAP/Prescription coverages. Shrek is back to what he was getting prior to applying for disability after the GAP and RX are taken out.

He finally got himself signed up, through the AARP services. Did it while I was at work, so I'm still a bit befuddled about what actually took place, but he is happy with his choices...that makes me happy.

At 50, I know I have some time before I have to really worry, but lately 15 years goes by awful fast! Shrek will be 65 next month...just in time, so I didn't have to keep him on my insurance for another year. Gave my the option to get some life insurance so I can make my brother rich...:LOL:

Anyway, I know Z. that you would be eligible for Medicare A coverage in the hospital if you are over 65, which is no small thing, they take care of a lot.

On my end, in Montana, Med A pays completely for the first 20 days in a rehab, after that you pay a co-pay for the next 80 days. I am just learning right now, how much is paid for certain cares in the facility, depending on the type of care and what you actually need in the way of supplies, nursing hours and therapy. So, I am not the authority on this subject, but at least I know where to look.

And it depends on the Cancer you get...some treatments are livable and easily treated with a high success rate. BTW...my Mom's life was saved by Breast Cancer...if they hadn't caught it when they did they never would have found her Ovarian cancer until it was too late.

Back
Top Bottom