"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #141
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It helps to be ambidextrous. Which I am. I started out as a lefty. But I started school when they wouldn't let you be left handed. So there are so many things I can do with both hands. My youngest son is also ambidextrous.
That's exactly what happened to me, Addie! My grade three teacher used to slap my wrist with a ruler if I wrote with my left hand (she knew I could use the right, but I would naturally use my left). Now a days I can use my left hand for everything....except writing and I write like you would left-handed.

My right hand is actually my less dominant hand which messes people up when they see me write and then do something normal with my left.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #142
Sous Chef

I am somewhat ambidextrous. There are some things I do left handed without thinking. I take the keys out of the ignition right handed but by the time I get to the front door, usually with my left hand full of bags, my keys have found their way into my left pocket. I have to put everything down because I can't reach them. :aggravation:
At school I practice writing left handed. I can also write upside down & backwards in cursive. I did that once for a journal in high school. Teacher never mentioned it.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #143
Certified Cake Maniac

I have the same key problem, Cindercat.

I have to cane with my left hand because my bad leg is the right. But I end up the other way around because I want to open doors, carry things, etc. with my left.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #144
Head Chef

I'm not sure what it indicates about me, but I write left-handed and do everything else with my right hand. One older brother is left-hand only and has always had to argue with can openers, etc.; the other older brother is right hand only. ???
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #145
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
That's exactly what happened to me, Addie! My grade three teacher used to slap my wrist with a ruler if I wrote with my left hand (she knew I could use the right, but I would naturally use my left). Now a days I can use my left hand for everything....except writing and I write like you would left-handed.

My right hand is actually my less dominant hand which messes people up when they see me write and then do something normal with my left.
When my son was small, I handed everything to him in his right hand. He would take a mouthful of food with the right and immediately switch to the left. I never made a fuss about it. I just let him be what he was. But I did continue to hand him things in his right. I did that until he was about nine or ten. Now he is totally ambidextrous. And for him, that is a good thing when he is operating on a patient. The only time he has a problem is if he has a left handed nurse handing him instruments. He is so used to reaching toward her right hand. One day he actually thanked me for making him ambi. I didn't think he was even aware of what I was doing.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #146
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
I'm not sure what it indicates about me, but I write left-handed and do everything else with my right hand. One older brother is left-hand only and has always had to argue with can openers, etc.; the other older brother is right hand only. ???

Interesting. I do everything right-handed except sports stuff such as throwing batting, golfing, which I do left-handed.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #147
Everymom

I'm tired of coming home to a bunch of little messes. All very innocent and all really understandable, but I'm tired of it. Dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is half empty, a load of laundry that didn't get switched to the dryer so needs to be rewashed. Simple little things but I feel like everyone's clean up crew. BAH.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #148
Certified Pretend Chef

Fios is installed now and we have to learn all new channel lineups and menus to get things done. Humbug.

On the bright side, with one DVR and three other boxes, we can record shows on the DVR and watch these recordings on any of the TVs.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #149
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Fios is installed now and we have to learn all new channel lineups and menus to get things done. Humbug.

On the bright side, with one DVR and three other boxes, we can record shows on the DVR and watch these recordings on any of the TVs.
So is Fios, just television? Or is it blindingly fast internet too?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #150
Certified Pretend Chef

It's a combination of television Internet and telephone service as well