"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #1491
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Thanks guys. Hubby gave me a hug, I drank a bunch of water and took something for the headache I had, I took a few deep breaths and got a couple calls from some very nice people who really needed help and were very appreciative that I was able to help them. I felt much better after that. And I made plans to go to the pool with my sister and her girls after my oncall ends.

I'm very grateful for a place to rant. That on it's own helped me mellow out enough that I wasn't snapping at hubby anymore. He was very understanding and forgiving, and he quickly accepted my appologies.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood now. :)
__________________

__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #1492
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Thanks guys. Hubby gave me a hug, I drank a bunch of water and took something for the headache I had, I took a few deep breaths and got a couple calls from some very nice people who really needed help and were very appreciative that I was able to help them. I felt much better after that. And I made plans to go to the pool with my sister and her girls after my oncall ends.

I'm very grateful for a place to rant. That on it's own helped me mellow out enough that I wasn't snapping at hubby anymore. He was very understanding and forgiving, and he quickly accepted my appologies.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood now. :)
Yay!
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #1493
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Anytime. You know we are here.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #1494
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I'm ready to kill too! Someone is downstairs in the parking lot having his/her car worked on and blasting boom, boom "music" for the last couple of hours.

It makes my windows vibrate and I can even feel it in my body! I don't need the stress!
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #1495
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm ready to kill too! Someone is downstairs in the parking lot having his/her car worked on and blasting boom, boom "music" for the last couple of hours.

It makes my windows vibrate and I can even feel it in my body! I don't need the stress!
My ex and I had the problem at 07h00 on Sunday morning. He hollered and asked for quiet. When that didn't work, he filled several of plastic bags with water and launched "water balloons".
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #1496
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Z, that sounds ever so annoying

I cant stand inconsiderate people!

I hope it stops soon....can you call the police and put in a noise complaint?
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #1497
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,341
I just had a scare. I opened my Mac and it was completely dead. Black screen and not responsive. Then I checked back a little later and it was in hibernation. No idea why. The battery was more than half charged.

I've been having some annoying problems with it lately so I think I'll take it in for a tune-up.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #1498
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I just had a scare. I opened my Mac and it was completely dead. Black screen and not responsive. Then I checked back a little later and it was in hibernation. No idea why. The battery was more than half charged.

I've been having some annoying problems with it lately so I think I'll take it in for a tune-up.
Phew
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #1499
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
I was just reading an article and my computer shut down completely. I didn't even have my hands on the keyboard. What is going on? I doubt it was the site. I was looking in Swans Down Flour for some cake ideas.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #1500
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I was just reading an article and my computer shut down completely. I didn't even have my hands on the keyboard. What is going on? I doubt it was the site. I was looking in Swans Down Flour for some cake ideas.
Maybe it overheated? Are all of the vents clear? Or maybe one of the fans failed. If this is the case it would be a cheap fix. That's what causes my laptop to shut down suddenly, it's a protective measure to prevent damage.
__________________

__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.