Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky, is there a way to record the sound too, along with time and date stamp? I don't understand why the neighbors aren't willing to help.

I'll have to check to see if it records the sound.
The neighbors told me they don't want to get involved, it's just easier for them to turn the other cheek and live a lower quality of life. Besides I don't live next door to him. YOU do! Not MY problem.

It will become a problem if some day that death trap he races around in runs over a kid or hits their car. Would I be allowed to say I told you so?

My phone died a week ago yesterday. I have a "rental" until October when I can upgrade. I lost all my apps, contact groupings, game levels & points. Once I got apps reinstalled I had to remember all userids & passwords. I didn't have access to my password list so it took me a while to figure out how to get back on. I get to do this all over again in October with a new phone.

So sorry for your loss Cindercat. A cellphone these days has so much on them that it is quite the ordeal to get a new one when yours dies. Good luck on the use of the rental and getting a new one. :)

It will become a problem if some day that death trap he races around in runs over a kid or hits their car. Would I be allowed to say I told you so?

Absolutely! and don't forget the Ha ha, in front of it. And do it in sing song like a kid would. ;):cool:

I'm still at my shop, hungry and tired. Back-to-school hair cuts all week long.
First thing I'm gong to do when I get home is open an ice cold Sapporo, sit out in the patio, and stare up at the sky.

Last edited:
Chef Munky said:
I'm checking into my options here. My neighbors aren't willing to help. So fine, I'll get this settled my way. Bought a phone that has a camera. Logging dates and times. Where he's parking it revving it up. Right next to my living room.

As far as the extreme fumes making me sick from the carbon monoxide,I think he needs to find a new playground. The decibles are loud enough it hurts my chest from the rumbling. I can't even watch tv, talk on the phone when he's playing.

I had a free iPhone app that's a decibel meter. It's surprisingly accurate. I don't remember what it was called, but if you have a smart phone it's something to look into...

cindercat, ask your cell phone service provider if they have something called a backup assistant. it automatically saves your phone info including numbers and apps, and when you get a new phone they can automatically load it up for you.

munky, have you spoken to your loud neighbor about it?
some people are idiotic until someone points that out to them..

don't threaten him with police action, but also don't be timid.

tell him, face to face, that your street and neighborhood is no place for what he's doing.

i have a number of friends who live somewhat freely (wild interpretations accepted) and don't worry about anything until someone complains.

ypu can't be a b!tch about it, nor be a pushover. just tell him, eye to eye, that he needs to find sonewhere else for his hobby. no threats, no tough talk. but you have to take the first step. any judge will ask you if you told him that it bothers you.

Well, you Canadians have done it now. Washingtonians are up in arms. It seems that there is a Costco's just two miles from the border. Canadians are crossing the border in droves because our milk is much cheaper, gas is a dollar less on this side and many other items. Americans can't find the items they need. I would say it is a Costco problem, not a Canadian problem. They need to keep filling their shelves. Even if they have to hire more help to keep up with the demand. Those folks in Western Canada need to take care. Those Americans want to have you all stopped at the border. They sure are an angry bunch right now. Watch out for them. ;);):LOL:

The reason milk in Canada is more expensive is the milk quota. I always buy dairy products in the States, but because of the milk quota, there is a $20/person restriction re: bringing dairy products back. There is also a 10 kg restriction bringing poultry back and one can only bring one turkey per person.

Milk quota? What the heck are you talking about? We have a milk quota?

Addie, are you talking about Bellingham or Blaine, WA? Vancouverites have been cross border shopping for years, why is there such a hullaballoo now? The folks from the US come up to get their meds here so it all works out IMO. ;)

Addie, are you talking about Bellingham or Blaine, WA? Vancouverites have been cross border shopping for years, why is there such a hullaballoo now? The folks from the US come up to get their meds here so it all works out IMO. ;)
We do in Ontario--to have a dairy herd and sell the milk, you have to belong...and, I've been hit at the border for having more than $20 in dairy products--it is in the fine print of the "What you can bring back" brochure that is on the customs web site. Who knew!

BT - AT&T transferred my main contact list but it doesn't keep groupings, picture icons, addresses or notes. It keeps a list of installed apps so you can reinstall them. Apps tied to websites kept my levels but if it's just the game, it goes back to the beginning. One of my games would help reinstall & keep scores but you have to have both phones working to do it. Not helpful.

The news report said it was 'west' of Seattle and two miles from the border. So I have to assume it would be Bellingham and right on Puget Sound. But that is more than two miles from the border. Blaine is right on the border. I think someone didn't do their research.

Why the 'milk quota?" And what is the reason for it?

I personally think the whole story is funny.

But for our buying drugs over the border. If it is a drug that is not FDA approved and you get caught, you can be prosecuted for dealing in illegal drugs. A bit more serious than buying too much milk for children to drink. :)

We do in Ontario--to have a dairy herd and sell the milk, you have to belong...and, I've been hit at the border for having more than $20 in dairy products--it is in the fine print of the "What you can bring back" brochure that is on the customs web site. Who knew!

Belong to what? :huh:

The news report said it was 'west' of Seattle and two miles from the border. So I have to assume it would be Bellingham and right on Puget Sound. But that is more than two miles from the border. Blaine is right on the border. I think someone didn't do their research.

Why the 'milk quota?" And what is the reason for it?

I personally think the whole story is funny.

But for our buying drugs over the border. If it is a drug that is not FDA approved and you get caught, you can be prosecuted for dealing in illegal drugs. A bit more serious than buying too much milk for children to drink. :)

Never heard of a milk quota here, but then I don't bring much milk over the border. Weird.

As to the drugs Addie, I was referring to things like insulin and other commonly used drugs that are cheaper here. My sister would frequently border hop to get insulin for her pet. Chances are good that whatever you can get up here is legal there, Health Canada tends to be even more rigid than your FDA.

...I was referring to things like insulin and other commonly used drugs that are cheaper here. My sister would frequently border hop to get insulin for her pet. Chances are good that whatever you can get up here is legal there, Health Canada tends to be even more rigid than your FDA.

The Canadian govt. insists the US drug companies sell at a reasonable price or they can't do business in Canada. A novel concept our govt. should look into. Instead, we pay the highest prices on the planet so the drug companies can cut prices elsewhere.

Andy M. said:
The Canadian govt. insists the US drug companies sell at a reasonable price or they can't do business in Canada. A novel concept our govt. should look into. Instead, we pay the highest prices on the planet so the drug companies can cut prices elsewhere.

As much as I don't like the idea of the gov't interfering, the drug companies have a monopoly, they know there are things we HAVE to buy, so they take advantage of the situation. I used to take anti-depressants, but I can't afford them anymore. It's ok for now- I am lucky that it will stay in remission for anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I've been on and off them for 12 years. Since I'm starting school though, I should be on them to prevent a relapse from stress. I can't work 40 hrs a week and go to school full time, so maybe now I would actually qualify for some gov't benefits... Hmm...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom