"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #1521
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

p.a.g., I'd give you a hug but it's too danged hot! I feel your sweat though. Summer is my least favorite season and this summer is topping the list. Himself told me he wanted to move to FL when he retired. I told him to find someone else to wed if he couldn't give that up. My FIL tried to tell me how wonderful it would be to live in FL. He reminded me how I had to bundle up or hide "up north" in the winter. I asked him WHY would I want to live somewhere where it is summer at least 9 months of the year. I never hid inside during the winter, I hiked and skied. I told him at least I had the option of adding clothing if I was cold in the winter, but the authorities would let me take only so much off if I was hot! Stay cool however you can.
Thanks CG. We're hoping the maintenance guy makes it by today. In the mean time, cold shower this morning and off to work a little early. Hubby is thinking about driving around with the cat with him through the hottest part of today since the car ac works just fine. It's either that or keeping them both dowsed in water all day. I'm so grateful he thinks of the cat and doesn't just leave for the day. So glad he works as hard to keep our furry family member cool as he does himself.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #1522
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
My new Win 8 computer wants to sign me in, to play solitaire. Hunh? It gets better. It signs me in as "CounterHarpy851". That's not me. I don't see any way to sign in as me. I suspect that someone at Staples fired up the computer when it came into the store, to make sure it works properly. And, then they played some Xbox game and signed in.

Anyone know how to sign out of Xbox games in Win 8?
Have you tried to go into the Control Panel and remove any game programs?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #1523
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Have you tried to go into the Control Panel and remove any game programs?
Why? I want to play solitaire.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #1524
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Why? I want to play solitaire.
You can reinstall it under your own name. Or go to pogo.com

Lots of solitaire games on there. All kinds of games.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #1525
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You can reinstall it under your own name. Or go to pogo.com

Lots of solitaire games on there. All kinds of games.
But there has to be a way to log out. What if I want to let someone else play some stupid game on my computer? Shouldn't they be able to log in as themself?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #1526
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Thanks CG. We're hoping the maintenance guy makes it by today. In the mean time, cold shower this morning and off to work a little early. Hubby is thinking about driving around with the cat with him through the hottest part of today since the car ac works just fine. It's either that or keeping them both dowsed in water all day. I'm so grateful he thinks of the cat and doesn't just leave for the day. So glad he works as hard to keep our furry family member cool as he does himself.
That is quite nice, not everyone thinks of their pets at home all day. Mine have an A/C all day, even if humans are not home.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #1527
Chef Extraordinaire

Cats evolved in the desert. How much do they really mind heat? Okay, humid heat seems to bother them. Mine is stretched out on the floor. If he wanted to, he could go in the bedroom which has AC.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #1528
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Cats evolved in the desert. How much do they really mind heat? Okay, humid heat seems to bother them. Mine is stretched out on the floor. If he wanted to, he could go in the bedroom which has AC.
Both of mine are in the room with the AC. I know it's hot because they don't migrate into the bedroom with me at night, they stay with the AC. If they wanted to be hot, I wouldn't be able to get them off of me.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #1529
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Apparently, Beagle evolved in the desert too. She finds the hottest sunbeam whereever it is and sleeps in it.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #1530
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That is quite nice, not everyone thinks of their pets at home all day. Mine have an A/C all day, even if humans are not home.
Spike leaves the AC on low and the ceiling fan running in the bedroom. He also leaves a bowl of ice cubes for Teddy. By the time he is looking for a drink, there is enough water melted from the cubes. Then when they come here at night, I turn the fan directly on Teddy.