"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #1581
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Thank you cat litter companies for deciding that every litter formula has to be "extreme odor control" or "multi-cat odor control". In fact, my little furball is so impressed with how clean it smells that he refuses to sully it and is instead is using our carpet. At this rate, by the time we're done steam cleaning our carpets a dozen times so we have a shot at getting our deposit back when we move, we'll have spent our deposit and then some on multiple steam cleanings. So thank you, our cat litter smells nice and clean and our carpet smells like a *&+%(#@ cat box.
Oh no, PAG! DH works for a company that produces The World's Best cat litter brand, with no odor control or anything else, all natural, made from corn. You can find coupons and rebates on line if you Google it, even get a free bag. It might be worth a try. You can find it at Petco and on Amazon, other places too.
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/n...1-8f2e50964afa

Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #1582
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Oh no, PAG! DH works for a company that produces The World's Best cat litter brand, with no odor control or anything else, all natural. You can find coupons and rebates on line if you Google it, even get a free bag. It might be worth a try. You can find it at Petco and on Amazon, other places too.
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/n...1-8f2e50964afa
Thank you, we'll have to check it out.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #1583
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
A bug flew up my nose.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #1584
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
A bug flew up my nose.
Ew ew ew ew ew! It makes me feel spazzy just thinking about it.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:41 AM   #1585
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Ew ew ew ew ew! It makes me feel spazzy just thinking about it.
It was one of things I hated about black flies, when I lived in the country. Right now I'm just giggling about how absurd it is.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #1586
Master Chef

Quote:
Thank you cat litter companies for deciding that every litter formula has to be "extreme odor control" or "multi-cat odor control". In fact, my little furball is so impressed with how clean it smells that he refuses to sully it and is instead is using our carpet. At this rate, by the time we're done steam cleaning our carpets a dozen times so we have a shot at getting our deposit back when we move, we'll have spent our deposit and then some on multiple steam cleanings. So thank you, our cat litter smells nice and clean and our carpet smells like a *&+%(#@ cat box.
p.a.g. when our stupid cat, only one in the house, decided to not use any one of the FOUR litter pans we had for her I took her to the vet. She had a UTI. Probably not your cat's problem, but at the same time the vet recommended "Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract" litter. Not cheap (maybe $15-18 for 40#??) but worth every penny. I blend it half-and-half with unscented litter now and our kitty still is OK with it. No urine accidents since I started using it years ago, but on occasion she doesn't quite make it to the pan for solids. She's probably getting a little old (shelter cat, so they weren't really sure how old she was when we adopted her). Also, if you want to get the smell out of anything I can also highly endorse "Nature's Miracle" Urine Destroyer. They have a formula specifically for cats. It works. Good luck...and don't kill kitty, OK?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #1587
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Spent most of the day yesterday updating my email address for everything and everyone I have done business with or had contact with for the last decade.
I seen it comin'. My former ISP folded a couple of months ago, but claimed they were going to maintain the mail server. Looks like it didn't happen.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #1588
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It's Tuesday...back to work...I'm already sweating my rear end off.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #1589
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
A bug flew up my nose.
May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose!!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #1590
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
Spent most of the day yesterday updating my email address for everything and everyone I have done business with or had contact with for the last decade.
I seen it comin'. My former ISP folded a couple of months ago, but claimed they were going to maintain the mail server. Looks like it didn't happen.
That's a major pain in the butt. We changed from Comcast to Verizon last year and I went through that for SO and myself. I wish I'd been smart enough to switch to an email that wasn't connected to my internet provider.