Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do they bother letting you try to buy tickets to a concert when they have PRESOLD most of the stupid frigging tickets anyway. So mad I could spit.

Why do they bother letting you try to buy tickets to a concert when they have PRESOLD most of the stupid frigging tickets anyway. So mad I could spit.

The young kids seem to know all the tricks to getting those tickets that you find all sold out. One of my grandson's plays in local bands around Boston. Is there an instrument he can't play? I doubt it. He fills in when a band needs one. So he gets tickets all the time for the other kids in the family when they want to go to one of those concerts where you can't hear a note being played. He is the "go to" kid for tickets.

When Son #3 was married to his first wife, her brother was the bass guitarist for Shania Twain. When they came to Boston, they got free tickets and a back stage pass. They got to have supper with the band. Shania ate in her dressing room. The band was strictly limited to free tickets to pass out. At least in her band. :angel:

I started the Venting thread with the intention that it should be quite lighthearted. It has become a place where bigger things are discussed and I think it ought to remain that way. I do, however, find myself reluctant to post some of my petty crabbiness there in the face of others larger tribulations. So I'm starting this thread in order to vent those petty little irritations that aren't big enough for Venting.

My petty vent for today is quite a litany. I'm going to put it in point form.

- Daughter has volleyball tournament at a little town 40 minutes away. I thought Ken was driving, he thought I was driving...no biggie. I got it, but am not showered or sufficiently caffeinated. And the van only has enough gas to get me there and back.
- Address daughter gives me is NOT the correct school. (She didn't get an address from her coach, but rather Googled and used the WRONG school's name)
- Call to teammate gives us new address, go to program GPS and signal is lost. ARGH!
- Look for paper map in car. It covers to the boundary of this little town. ARGHARGH.
- Call husband and have him Google map and direct us.
- After one missed turn, the directions lead us to a boarded up school. WHAAAT? Daughter says, "Oh yeah we came here yesterday too and had to turn around and find the NEW school". Me, "OK, which way did you go?" Daughter, "I dunno." Me, *facepalm*
- Husband frantically trying to Google new address, daughter calling teammates (who are also lost) and trying to get coaches phone number. I drive into town center (swearing) and find an open store to get directions. Hang up on husband as this is using many cell minutes.
- Get directions. Drive right to new school. Its about 100 meters from where I turned around because of the missed turn. ARGHARGHARGH.
- Dump tearful daughter off with teammates and pray that the gas lasts til I get back home.

Petty vent #1. They have a bus, why aren't they using it?
Petty vent #2. If the parents need to drive, why wouldn't you provide either directions or an address?
Petty vent #3. If you took the bus there on Friday, and realized the address was not correct, why wouldn't you make sure your team had the CORRECT address so they could show up the next day?

*sigh*

I hurt my back earlier in the week. It never lasts long, but this time it has me good. Went to see the chiropractor and he said come back Wednesday. He aligned me up good. I can feel the improvement, but my biggest problem is that I am too darned busy to give it time for the damaged or swollen/spasmed to heal. I have two playing engagements this weekend, and sitting at a drum throne for 4 hours a night isn't the greatest thing to be doing. Advil, do your thing....

The big brains in our condo association have had a new down spout added to the building across from me. It's ugly and going to get jammed up with leaves. I see it when I look out my kitchen window.

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 517
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 477
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 463
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 485
taxlady said:
The big brains in our condo association have had a new down spout added to the building across from me. It's ugly and going to get jammed up with leaves. I see it when I look out my kitchen window.

Aacckk! WTH?

Rock, hope your back holds out. Puddle o' drummer is not good.

Nap away, PF, sounds like it's not so good outside anyway.

Last edited:
taxlady said:

...you might be a Redneck! You could add these pictures to today's funnies thread.

Last edited:
I debated whether this should go in with the major vents or here. I decided it should go here, but I'm still not sure.

There is no chocolate in our house.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

:LOL:

Barbara L said:
I debated whether this should go in with the major vents or here. I decided it should go here, but I'm still not sure.

There is no chocolate in our house.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

:LOL:

I've got Reese's peanut butter footballs. Come on over!

Alix, my daughters says, I wouldn't need anger management if others would practice stupid management.

Rock, I have that type of backache occasionally too. Good luck with your gig.

PF, naps are your friend and your best weapon in the daily battle.

See my comment to Alix. Also, to quote Forrest Gump, Stupid is as stupid does.

Alix, my daughters says, I wouldn't need anger management if others would practice stupid management.

Love thqt one. Thinking is no longer the cool thinig to do. :angel:

or as Judge Judy says "Beauty fades dumb is forever" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBa9N3bL2E

If I tell you, "No, thank you", take my word for it. I don't want any. You don't deserve an explanation as to why. I just don't want any. :angel:

If I tell you, "No, thank you", take my word for it. I don't want any. You don't deserve an explanation as to why. I just don't want any. :angel:

I am with you on this one!

If I politely answer a question with no thank you, have the good sense to move on!

If they interrogate me as to why I will quickly come down to their level and give them an explanation that they will never forget!

Children under 12 excluded! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

No really does mean no. I got a call on the phone this morning.
caller:"Can you donate $150.00?"
Me:"no I cannot"
Caller:"Well I understand, can I put you down for $100?"
Me:"no, you don't understand, I said no."
Caller:"yes ma'am, a lot of folks are just giving $25.00. Will that be ok with you?"
Me:CLICK

No really does mean no. I got a call on the phone this morning.
caller:"Can you donate $150.00?"
Me:"no I cannot"
Caller:"Well I understand, can I put you down for $100?"
Me:"no, you don't understand, I said no."
Caller:"yes ma'am, a lot of folks are just giving $25.00. Will that be ok with you?"
Me:CLICK

People who make a living making these calls rely on your automatic reaction to wait for a response after you speak. When I get a call like this, I respond, "I'm sorry, I can't help you." and I hang up immediately after I finish my sentence. Don't give them a chance to keep you engaged in a conversation with the hope of getting something out of you. And if you hear the beginning of their response, don't stop. Hang up. You're not being rude. You're saving them time so they can go harass others.

Back
Top Bottom