"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #1631
Chef Extraordinaire

That is not good at all

Old 08-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1632
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I went to post a happy birthday wish on my MIL's Facebook wall, only to find the Write Post button had disappeared on iPad! Then I found that I couldn't post on anyone else's wall either, unless it was a comment on someone else's previous post. All that was left was Friend and Message. I don't know what happened. I was able to do it on iPhone. I looked all over the internet for an explanation, couldn't find one. My settings hadn't changed AFAIK. Grrrr.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #1633
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Glad something finally fixed that leg of your Addie. If I had been you, as soon as that leg was better I would have marched myself right over to MGH and kicked those doctors in their butts.

Went looking for the top ranked hospitals in the country. Oddly, MGH actually shows up in the top three best for a couple categories. The other odd thing I noticed was that even though Boston newscasters mention how the hospitals up here are the best in the country there are two names that are recurring in a lot of categories - Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic, with Johns Hopkins showing up quite a bit too. I don't remember any of those hospitals being in New England.

U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013-14
My son who is in the business has access to certain information that is not available to the public. He checked with the agency that accredits hospitals all over the world. Of all the hospitals in the U.S., MGH is the only one that had an instrument left in a patient after surgery. Patient ultimately died from complications. So they not only failed in the OR, but after in trying to find out what the problem was. It was during the autopsy that the instrument was found. No one thought to have an X ray done when the patient complained on the pain and infection set in?

When Poo was CEO of an ambulance company, he instructed his drivers to NOT bring any patient to MGH unless the patient insisted. When I had my last heart attack, the EMS wanted to take me to MGH. I refused, they insisted. I got off the gurney and told them I would stay home and die first before I would ever go back there. Their average waiting time in the ER is 57 minutes.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #1634
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
My neighbor bought herself a new set of pots and pans 3 months ago. She bought T-Fal. She really likes them. But the handles keep coming unscrewed. I told her to contact T-Fal. She did.

I can't believe the reply she got. They told her to box up the whole set and mail them to New Jersey. Then in about 4 - 6 weeks she would either receive them back repaired or have a new set delivered.

To me that is completely outrageous.

She has to pay for the shipping of a faulty product, she will be without her entire set for 4 - 6 weeks ???

Not very good custmer service I would say !

So I guess we will get some lock-tite and put the screws back in the handles for her.

Sad Sad Sad
Someone should let ATK know. They tout these pans on the "product tested" and like them.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #1635
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My son who is in the business has access to certain information that is not available to the public...
So there's a secret list that contradicts all the public lists???
Old 08-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1636
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
So there's a secret list that contradicts all the public lists???
Yup! It gives an in depth report of it findings on every hospital it visits. It is constantly updated as inspections are ongoing year round. Most of it is written in medicalese. And I mean in depth. The level of microbes on nurses desks and keyboards. How many times they are observed washing their hands instead of relying on the gel. And you never know when they are going to show up. It is usually a team of medical personnel.

I have seen Poo reading a story to his son, finish and go wash his hands before he gave his wife a hug. Some habits become second nature.

One of the things I noticed about MGH was once the gel came into such wide use, there no longer were any sinks for the personnel to wash their hands when they were through with a patient. And most of the time, they didn't put gloves on when they worked with me. At BMC every room has a sink. And boxes of gloves in every size.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #1637
Master Chef

T-Fall is nothing but a garbage. I would never ever recommend it to anybody. By the contrast, I had some small problem with my new Kitchenaid, they send me brand new machine and the shipping sticker so I could send the bad one back.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #1638
Master Chef

Kitchenaid, huh? Good to know Charlie. It's nice to support businesses who support their customers.

There are two more who have provided excellent service. Cuisinart - never a problem with our coffee grinder-brewer in three years, replacing anything that was damaged due to operator error. Green Mountain Coffee - no problems with their "Coffee Club" regular order shipments. In fact, when they had a computer burp and sent my order SIX times in the same day (seriously, I didn't need nearly 2 dozen bags of coffee for those 12 weeks) rather than have me box the extras up and return to them with a label they would ship, she told me to keep them. I kept a double order worth and moved the rest over to the fire department. They would have split it with the police but the cops have a fancy Keurig - my order comes in whole bean only.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #1639
Honey Badger

Geez I could just kick my self HARD! Just scorched my husbands uniforms while ironing them.

Note to self check setting twice before starting!!!!

Trying the hydrogen peroxide/water method to try and remove it.
If not who's adopting?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #1640
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Someone should let ATK know. They tout these pans on the "product tested" and like them.
Addie - can you tell me who ATK might be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
T-Fall is nothing but a garbage. I would never ever recommend it to anybody. By the contrast, I had some small problem with my new Kitchenaid, they send me brand new machine and the shipping sticker so I could send the bad one back.
Well Charlie, while I may or may not agree with you, this is a little old lady on a very limited income. She gets what she can afford and she happens to love her pots and pans. They clean up very easily for her and with her fragile and weak hands that is a wonderful thing.

I just think it's very sad and pathetic that a company this big seems to have no real concern for the very people who keep money coming into their pockets.