Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what it indicates about me, but I write left-handed and do everything else with my right hand. One older brother is left-hand only and has always had to argue with can openers, etc.; the other older brother is right hand only. ??? :huh:

Interesting. I do everything right-handed except sports stuff such as throwing batting, golfing, which I do left-handed.

I'm tired of coming home to a bunch of little messes. All very innocent and all really understandable, but I'm tired of it. Dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is half empty, a load of laundry that didn't get switched to the dryer so needs to be rewashed. Simple little things but I feel like everyone's clean up crew. BAH.

Fios is installed now and we have to learn all new channel lineups and menus to get things done. Humbug.

On the bright side, with one DVR and three other boxes, we can record shows on the DVR and watch these recordings on any of the TVs.

Fios is installed now and we have to learn all new channel lineups and menus to get things done. Humbug.

On the bright side, with one DVR and three other boxes, we can record shows on the DVR and watch these recordings on any of the TVs.
So is Fios, just television? Or is it blindingly fast internet too?

It's a combination of television Internet and telephone service as well
That's what the phone company here wants me to get. Does it improve the internet service? I don't really want to switch ISP, because the one I have gives me a fixed IP address, which is essential if you want to host your own websites

I'm tired of coming home to a bunch of little messes. All very innocent and all really understandable, but I'm tired of it. Dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is half empty, a load of laundry that didn't get switched to the dryer so needs to be rewashed. Simple little things but I feel like everyone's clean up crew. BAH.

Maybe it is time to take a page from the rest of the family!

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Take care of the things that bother you and leave the rest!

If everything bothers you put an advertisement on Craigslist for a new family! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Interesting. I do everything right-handed except sports stuff such as throwing batting, golfing, which I do left-handed.

Makes me wonder what would happen if we were in a 3-legged race. Now, that's being entirely facetious -- I've never even been in a 3-legged race, and don't get any ideas 'cause I'm too old to start now. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is time to take a page from the rest of the family!

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Take care of the things that bother you and leave the rest!

If everything bothers you put an advertisement on Craigslist for a new family! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm doing the next best thing. I'm heading out of town for the weekend to hang out with my sisters!

You mean people are supposed to help me? :ohmy:

Reminds me of buckytom. I miss his stories about him and his son. I wish he would come back. Even for a short while. :angel:

When my kids were small, I went through a period of that. I got so fed up, I would interrupt whatever they were doing and make them come and clean up what they left behind for me. I would even call them in from playing. It took about a week, but they finally got the message. No more school books left in the middle of the floor, no dirty dishes left on the table, etc.

My oldest daughter was the slowest one to get the message. Then one day she had a pile of dirty laundry sitting in the middle of her room waiting to go to the laundry room. She was sitting out on the front steps with her friends. She was about 12 at the time. I picked up the dirty laundry and went out and dumped it on her head. Some of it fell on her friends. I got a lot of "I hate you" and in return I got a lot less work. :angel:

My microwave misbehaved. I was just melting butter in an oven safe, glass ramekin, like I have done lots of times. It made funny noises, so I looked. :eek: The whole inside was lit up and flashing. I checked to see if there was any foil or other metal somehow in the microwave. There wasn't.

I don't want a new microwave. I don't want to figure out how to use it by hitting "baked potato, baked potato, popcorn". Stirling forgot and used it. It was fine. I can't say I'm that surprised that the microwave might be on its last legs. It's 23 years old.

My microwave misbehaved. I was just melting butter in an oven safe, glass ramekin, like I have done lots of times. It made funny noises, so I looked. :eek: The whole inside was lit up and flashing. I checked to see if there was any foil or other metal somehow in the microwave. There wasn't.

I don't want a new microwave. I don't want to figure out how to use it by hitting "baked potato, baked potato, popcorn". Stirling forgot and used it. It was fine. I can't say I'm that surprised that the microwave might be on its last legs. It's 23 years old.

I have had mine for four years now and I still don't know how to use the shortcuts. :angel:

You have no idea how POed I am to have someone leave their dog's poop on my lawn.

My condo has lots of common areas with grass and trees. The new condos across the street don't have pretty areas. The people who live in the new condos like to walk their dogs in my condo. Why can't they at least scoop up their dog messes? That's standard behaviour nowadays.

You have no idea how POed I am to have someone leave their dog's poop on my lawn.

My condo has lots of common areas with grass and trees. The new condos across the street don't have pretty areas. The people who live in the new condos like to walk their dogs in my condo. Why can't they at least scoop up their dog messes? That's standard behaviour nowadays.

Have your management company contact theirs and have them send out a general notice.

If that doesn't work, collect all the poop, put it in a brown paper bag, place it on their front doorstep and set it on fire.

Have your management company contact theirs and have them send out a general notice.

If that doesn't work, collect all the poop, put it in a brown paper bag, place it on their front doorstep and set it on fire.
But I don't know which of the new condos these people live in. Across the street used to be a field and some woods. Now there are 15 or so new condos. I miss the field and the little woods.

Good idea to have the condo board send a letter to their condo board.

Back
Top Bottom