"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #1711
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Two days off and I just came down with a doozy of a head cold.
Horseradish!!!

Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #1712
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Horseradish!!!
Bless you. Are you cursing, or suggesting that I ingest horseradish?

Old 09-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #1713
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Bless you. Are you cursing, or suggesting that I ingest horseradish?
I think is was a sneeze...

Yes, ingestion helps on many levels with a head cold.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #1714
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Our upstairs neighbor found out the no noise after 10 pm included using their washer and dryer. They both thrum through our apartment. They also found out I don't mind getting up at 3 am to vacuum and waking their little one up. She loves to run and carry on. They found that out after a 1 am vacuum marathon they had staged.
When I lived in a ground floor apartment the neighbor upstairs got what must have been the world's largest subwoofer for christmas.

My parents were visiting and we were jolted out of bed at 2 am by every window and door in my apartment rattling and a constant BOOM BOOM! I reported it to the complex management, it stopped for a while and then happened again, and lets just say, he didn't live there any more.

It would be much harder to remedy that type of situation in our townhouse since these aren't run by rental management.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #1715
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm ready to pack up and head to the farm. My boarder/tenant is driving me crazy. I use the clothes line to dry my clothes. In the winter I hang them by the woodstove. I haven't used the dryer since 1996 (long story short, almost burned the house down, haven't used it since). Said tenant wants to use it EVERY DAY. I have said that there is a laundromat where he can use the dryer but my dryer is not available. I never said it was and I'm sick of being whined at about the dryer. It doesn't help he's only paid 1/2 the rent...I'm tempted to boot him out.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #1716
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
When I lived in a ground floor apartment the neighbor upstairs got what must have been the world's largest subwoofer for christmas.

My parents were visiting and we were jolted out of bed at 2 am by every window and door in my apartment rattling and a constant BOOM BOOM! I reported it to the complex management, it stopped for a while and then happened again, and lets just say, he didn't live there any more.

It would be much harder to remedy that type of situation in our townhouse since these aren't run by rental management.
I've had to move anything remotely breakable to low shelves, the vibrations from the washer and dryer upstairs vibrate things off the walls and shelves all the time. Two weeks ago when the glass globe in the kitchen fell, it was because of these vibrations...I had an injured cat over that. Not happy!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #1717
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm ready to pack up and head to the farm. My boarder/tenant is driving me crazy. I use the clothes line to dry my clothes. In the winter I hang them by the woodstove. I haven't used the dryer since 1996 (long story short, almost burned the house down, haven't used it since). Said tenant wants to use it EVERY DAY. I have said that there is a laundromat where he can use the dryer but my dryer is not available. I never said it was and I'm sick of being whined at about the dryer. It doesn't help he's only paid 1/2 the rent...I'm tempted to boot him out.
Boot, Boot...it won't get any better. Move the dryer out to the curb.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #1718
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
+1 I agree.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #1719
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm ready to pack up and head to the farm. My boarder/tenant is driving me crazy. I use the clothes line to dry my clothes.......I'm sick of being whined at about the dryer. It doesn't help he's only paid 1/2 the rent...I'm tempted to boot him out.
Quote:
The dryer? Heck, I say move the boarder out to the curb.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #1720
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

We were the top-floor tenants in both apartments we have rented. First one had two girls who must have been on their own for the first time. Stereo blasting all the time so that we could hear the lyrics! I would break out in hives it would get so bad, and we'd leave to go visit his S & BIL or my parents. Finally one of the girls moved out when the other girl's boyfriend moved in...and we never heard anything from them after that.

In the second apartment it was newlyweds below us. Woke up one night to take a little walk down the hall but before I got out of bed I heard *ahem* happy noises from below. Do I get up and disturb them? But I gotta GO! As soon as I stated to walk around it got quiet.

We've lived in our own homes ever since. Not a guarantee to peace and quiet all the time but it's a definite improvement.