Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roadfix said:
Well, I don't think I missed much judging from the one I attended 10 years ago. I don't care much for them. The herd would have been much thinner this time around, I presumed, considering a graduating class of just under 100 to begin with. Yeah, small class.
I'm still amazed that the reunion committee can still track people down and gather them in one spot. Of course, the internet makes that easy. We all graduated from an Armed Forces run high school overseas and have settled all over the US. But So Cal and Las Vegas seem to be the favorite to conduct the reunions.

We had 63 in my class graduate. About 20 of those went all the way from Kindergarten through grade 12. I was one of those lucky ones. At the last reunion we had about 30 graduates show up. Since it was such a small school, everyone knew each other. It is actuall fun for both my husband and myself because he has gotten to know a lot of people too. If they have one, we will go.

My 35th reunion was this summer on Friday the 13th of July. Our school mascot is Blackcats so it was fitting. All the inviting was done over Facebook & word of mouth. It was also a multi-year reunion that covered about 5 years of classes. We rented a hall, had finger food, cake, lots of mingling & ended with a band (way too loud) that was still together from our high school years. There's talk about having one every year there's a Friday 13, during the summer.

My Mother's graduating class meets several times a year and the entire class is still alive and kicking. Of course, her other classmate is her twin sister.

I had a class of 250. I can'r remember even one name. They just had a reunion last momth. I have never been to one. Have no interest. That was yesterday, I live in today. My least favorite place to travel to is Memory Lane. :angel:

PrincessFiona60 said:
My Mother's graduating class meets several times a year and the entire class is still alive and kicking. Of course, her other classmate is her twin sister.

LOL. I live it!

I do not want another day like today!!! Started out late for church. Later went to get a massage at mall. The Chinese guy who did my massage wasn't nearly as good as the guy I usually get. Went to my van, listened to the radio & ate a pretzel. Turned the ignition key & only got clicks. Called AAA & waited 30 minutes. Forgot to take phone off silent & missed 2 calls from AAA. Needed to go to school to get ready for a sub tomorrow but got to go to WalMart to get a new battery. Decided to get my oil changed while I'm there. WalMart has changed to Jiffy Lube instead of their own mechanics. It took 5 minutes just to get through the workorder process. He kept trying to sell me more services. That was just for the oil. I had to talk to someone else about the battery. I literally got the last battery that would fit my van. Of course it was the $100 one. Could have gotten one from AAA cheaper. Finally get everything installed & I think I'm about to get out of there when they tell me both license plate lights are out. Do I want to replace them so I don't get a ticket? They only cost $12 + tax each. Half of it is labor. Turned out they couldn't replace them because the internal clips were broken or missing & WalMart doesn't carry the clips. I have to call the dealer. I pay my $167 for an oil change & a battery & go back to my van. By this time I've lost any benefit from the $50 massage & I'm not in a very good mood. Reach my van only to find it unlocked with the window wide open after I made a point of saying I expect it to be locked whenever they aren't working on it. The only person who thought it was a problem was the girl who took my order but didn't do the work. Got to school. I was in the middle of printing some work for tomorrow when the printer decided to freeze. Took half an hour of fooling with it & finally giving up before it decided to work again. By then I had changed my plans. Got home to find the DVR was set for the wrong channel & I missed what I wanted to record. Can't watch online since school blocks ABC due to ads. Can't believe I'm wanting Monday to get here!

Last edited:
Petty Vent! Why do these mecial suppliers tout their glucometers as painless and you can test your sugar levels on your arm? Any doctor will tell you that the closer to the finger tip, the more accurate the results. For those who have Type 1 Diabetes, those false readings can be cause for the patient to be giving themselves the wrong dose. It is not false advertising. They don't claim that it is as or more accurate than a finger prick. Just not as painful. And it isn't. :mad::angel:

Hoping today was much better for you CC :)

I do not want another day like today!!! Started out late for church. Later went to get a massage at mall. The Chinese guy who did my massage wasn't nearly as good as the guy I usually get. Went to my van, listened to the radio & ate a pretzel. Turned the ignition key & only got clicks. Called AAA & waited 30 minutes. Forgot to take phone off silent & missed 2 calls from AAA. Needed to go to school to get ready for a sub tomorrow but got to go to WalMart to get a new battery. Decided to get my oil changed while I'm there. WalMart has changed to Jiffy Lube instead of their own mechanics. It took 5 minutes just to get through the workorder process. He kept trying to sell me more services. That was just for the oil. I had to talk to someone else about the battery. I literally got the last battery that would fit my van. Of course it was the $100 one. Could have gotten one from AAA cheaper. Finally get everything installed & I think I'm about to get out of there when they tell me both license plate lights are out. Do I want to replace them so I don't get a ticket? They only cost $12 + tax each. Half of it is labor. Turned out they couldn't replace them because the internal clips were broken or missing & WalMart doesn't carry the clips. I have to call the dealer. I pay my $167 for an oil change & a battery & go back to my van. By this time I've lost any benefit from the $50 massage & I'm not in a very good mood. Reach my van only to find it unlocked with the window wide open after I made a point of saying I expect it to be locked whenever they aren't working on it. The only person who thought it was a problem was the girl who took my order but didn't do the work. Got to school. I was in the middle of printing some work for tomorrow when the printer decided to freeze. Took half an hour of fooling with it & finally giving up before it decided to work again. By then I had changed my plans. Got home to find the DVR was set for the wrong channel & I missed what I wanted to record. Can't watch online since school blocks ABC due to ads. Can't believe I'm wanting Monday to get here!

Kylie1969 said:
Hoping today was much better for you CC :)

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I got a lot done. I have a headache today with 2 causes: a student doing his best to find himself in ISS & a 3piece rock band in a very small cafeteria with a decibel level way above safe levels. Standing with your mouth next to someone's ear, you still had to yell for them to barely understand you. I complained to the 2 people in charge but they didn't think it was a problem. I finally went to an administrator & yelled loud enough that he understood me. He had them turn the volume down slightly. He still had to write notes to students to tell them they had detention tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom