"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #1791
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Woohoo! Phone seems to working fine now.
Yay!!

Old 10-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #1792
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Woohoo! Phone seems to working fine now.
You are so lucky Taxlady! My I phone went for a swim in the toilet last year and it never recovered even though I took out the battery and sun card and plunged all into rice immediately! Mine fell out of my back pocket after my "sit down" :0

Old 10-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #1793
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
You are so lucky Taxlady! My I phone went for a swim in the toilet last year and it never recovered even though I took out the battery and sun card and plunged all into rice immediately! Mine fell out of my back pocket after my "sit down" :0
Bummer. I have been told that you should flush (no pun intended) the phone with alcohol and then put it in the rice. If it goes in salt water or chlorinated water, flush with distilled water, then alcohol, then rice.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #1794
Chef Extraordinaire

I've seen people walking around with phones in their back pockets and it always struck me as extremely risky. It could easily fall out when sitting down anywhere, or be stolen - pickpockets are very good at what they do.

I have a Hip Klip I wear when my phone is not in my purse: Hip Klip
Old 10-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #1795
Master Chef

Phone in the back pocket I think is more of a fashion statement to many, both men and women. Couple of my co-workers, both women, carry their Iphones in their back pockets of their jeans. I think they look cool. :)
Old 10-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #1796
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My iPhone gets buried in my purse. When it rings, I have to do a frantic scramble and root, and when I finally find it, the ringing has stopped, and I have to call the person back. Need to find a better system.

I do love my Sci Fi ring tone though. Nice and eery.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #1797
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Phone in the back pocket I think is more of a fashion statement to many, both men and women. Couple of my co-workers, both women, carry their Iphones in their back pockets of their jeans. I think they look cool. :)
Lol! I don't do it to look cool, I usually only use my back pocket around the house, as my daughter texts me on and off all weekend. I sometimes do it on casual days at work if I have to run around to different parts if the building and am expecting an important call. Believe me I learned my lesson and always remember to take it out of my pocket before visiting the Biffy. ;)

GG, the Hip Klip is a neat idea, but I'm not sure I would feel much safer using it when traveling. I would hate to be standing there in my Underoos after a thief tried to yank it off my hip.
;)
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #1798
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Lol! I don't do it to look cool, I usually only use my back pocket around the house, as my daughter texts me on and off all weekend. I sometimes do it on casual days at work if I have to run around to different parts if the building and am expecting an important call. Believe me I learned my lesson and always remember to take it out of my pocket before visiting the Biffy. ;)

GG, the Hip Klip is a neat idea, but I'm not sure I would feel much safer using it when traveling. I would hate to be standing there in my Underoos after a thief tried to yank it off my hip.
;)
I don't use it when traveling, or shopping, usually. My purse has a slot for my phone. I do bring it with me when I travel, though. I use it when I'm in the house or the yard or the porch or volunteering... I always have it with me, so I can answer it or look something up whenever I want, but I don't have to worry about leaving it somewhere.

I'm not surprised that a guy would like something that draws attention to women's derrieres That doesn't make it a fashion statement, though. I think it's just easy and thoughtless.

I have a friend whose 20-something daughter ruined a phone because she had a habit of laying it across the top of a glass of water. No one knows why. Of course it fell in one day. Thoughtless.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #1799
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
It is cool as long as it doesn't fall out or a pickpocket doesn't lift it. Then how cool is it? And the reason for the back pocket is not necessarily for statement making, but try sitting with your phone in your front pocket of your jeans. I am not interested in being or looking cool. I am interested in common sense and protecting my belongings that are expensive to replace.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #1800
Chef Extraordinaire

I have to carry my purse as I have a vial of nitro spray that I carry around all the time. I have a small pocket on the front of my purse that my phone goes into all the time. I have it set on vibe as well as loud ring. But I love the Hip Klip. Sent the site to my daughter. She is always and forever searching for her phone. And If I get the larger one, I can fit the small vial in it along with some cash, my ID and my phone. Thank you for the info. Great friends here and I luv every one of you. Makes my life so much easier.