"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #1811
Certified Pretend Chef

Back when phones were just flip, before they got smart, you could often find a pocket sewn into a pair of shorts, jacket, etc. But now the phones are too big for a dedicated pocket.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #1812
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Cargo pockets, that's what I need. I vaguely remember that somewhere, I have a skirt with cargo pockets.
They are perfect for those hugely oversized Android phones....

Old 10-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #1813
Chef Extraordinaire

I am beginning to get uptight. I have to go for an ultrasound Friday morning on my neck. It is to check the blockage that has been there for years. It is to keep an eye on it incase it has gotten worse. If it has, then I will have to have surgery to remove that part of the artery and a synthetic piece replace it. Oh Joy! So much to look forward to. I hate getting the ultra sounds. I have to lay there for an hour and not move. Here's hoping I don't have to make a quick trip to the outhouse.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #1814
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am beginning to get uptight. I have to go for an ultrasound Friday morning on my neck. It is to check the blockage that has been there for years. It is to keep an eye on it incase it has gotten worse. If it has, then I will have to have surgery to remove that part of the artery and a synthetic piece replace it. Oh Joy! So much to look forward to. I hate getting the ultra sounds. I have to lay there for an hour and not move. Here's hoping I don't have to make a quick trip to the outhouse.
I have a hard time with it because I want to watch...drives the techs crazy. And some of them don't understand why I insist on seeing my mammograms...well duh...I'm the one who is going to spot a difference, they see 20 of them a day, I see mine once a year and boy howdy do I have them mammorized!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #1815
Master Chef

Our health insurance exchange website is a joke. They should have hired a web guy who knew what they were doing to design and run the site. The site has been up only intermittently since day one and still, many links are not operational. Their Facebook page is full of frustrated individuals who can't log on or with incomplete applications.
At least my application is pending now...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #1816
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have a hard time with it because I want to watch...drives the techs crazy. And some of them don't understand why I insist on seeing my mammograms...well duh...I'm the one who is going to spot a difference, they see 20 of them a day, I see mine once a year and boy howdy do I have them mammorized!!!
I too like to watch. When I had to have some hand surgery done, I had a local and made them take down the screen so I could watch. Little did they realize that blood and gore only fascinates me.

I am going for my mammogram in a week or so. I haven't had one for more than ten years. But I am always doing the lump check. More often than the average person. I asked to go for one. Up to now I have always said "No". There is no cancer in our family. Even going back several generations. Heart and diabetes are the diseases of our family. But the glands at the side of one breast is bothering me. My primary couldn't find any lump. I do know if there is anything even suspicious, take them both off. I don't want to wait until there is. My baby days are over and I have no need for them. Now days, they do the reconstructive surgery right there after the removal. They save the nipple and give you a size B cup. I can go for that. Its better than a D cup any day. Blouses fit much better.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #1817
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Put me on the "I like to watch" list too. Years ago, I had an angiogram, and it was cool to watch the final dye squirt. I actually felt it too, but it was neat to see it on the screen.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #1818
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I want to see everything they do, even needles in my veins.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #1819
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My Mammogram is on the 21st...I'm so happy I still have something to check, even after the two lumpectomies. I was disappointed I didn't get to pick my own...
Old 10-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #1820
Chef Extraordinaire

I am an active participant in my care. I ask questions and the staff quickly learns that I am not stupid and am the kind of patient that want to know why and what should the results be. If the enemy is my bad health, then I want to know. I can't fight my enemy if I don't know what it is.