"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #1821
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm just a nosy nurse...

Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #1822
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have a hard time with it because I want to watch...drives the techs crazy....!
My BIL insisted on staying awake during his...colonoscopy. When the rest of us went he tried talking each of us to go at it wide awake. My SIL kept reminding him what a bad idea he thought it was right after she got him after his procedure.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #1823
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I too like to watch. ....I am going for my mammogram in a week or so. I haven't had one for more than ten years. But I am always doing the lump chec..... if there is anything even suspicious, take them both off. I don't want to wait until there is. My baby days are over and I have no need for them. Now days, they do the reconstructive surgery right there after the removal. They save the nipple and give you a size B cup. I can go for that. Its better than a D cup any day. Blouses fit much better.
The sad thing is, even without surgery I look like I've had breast removal surgery. Even now I have no need for a bra to hold The Girls up - I wear sport camisoles all the time! 62 and I never outgrew undershirts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I am an active participant in my care
That's smart, it's the way it should be Addie. The best health care plan is by taking care of yourself.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #1824
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Our health insurance exchange website is a joke. They should have hired a web guy who knew what they were doing to design and run the site. The site has been up only intermittently since day one and still, many links are not operational. Their Facebook page is full of frustrated individuals who can't log on or with incomplete applications.
At least my application is pending now...
Same in New York.

It's getting better and the people I speak to are helpful.

Don't make yourself sick over it!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #1825
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
My BIL insisted on staying awake during his...colonoscopy. When the rest of us went he tried talking each of us to go at it wide awake. My SIL kept reminding him what a bad idea he thought it was right after she got him after his procedure.
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #1826
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I advise everyone to sleep through a colonoscopy. I used to have a doctor who didn't put me out for it. Used to.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #1827
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I advise everyone to sleep through a colonoscopy. I used to have a doctor who didn't put me out for it. Used to.
Shrek's IV infiltrated with all the "good" medicine going into the tissue of his arm instead of throughout his system. He was not only awake, but felt the entire procedure. Once I got him home the meds then started to take effect and he slept for 6 hours, with me hovering over him the entire time.

I wish I had caught it sooner, but I didn't see Shrek until he was in recovery and I then told the nurse there his IV had infiltrated...she hadn't even noticed. He has very vivid memories of the pain and procedure. Thank goodness they didn't find anything, I don't think I will be getting him back for another if he needs it.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #1828
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!

Yes, it was! I just had an ultrasound where she checked my heart out thoroughly. It was kind of reassuring to see it doing it's "mambo".

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #1829
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Shrek's IV infiltrated with all the "good" medicine going into the tissue of his arm instead of throughout his system. He was not only awake, but felt the entire procedure. Once I got him home the meds then started to take effect and he slept for 6 hours, with me hovering over him the entire time.

I wish I had caught it sooner, but I didn't see Shrek until he was in recovery and I then told the nurse there his IV had infiltrated...she hadn't even noticed. He has very vivid memories of the pain and procedure. Thank goodness they didn't find anything, I don't think I will be getting him back for another if he needs it.
Oh, jeez, that's awful. Poor Shrek.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #1830
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:

That really stinks. It would be a guarantee that was my last colonoscopy. I sleep through mine and that's the way I like it.