"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1831
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!
Yup, watching the ultrasound is fun. Pain-inflicting procedures - not so much.

Ages ago, when I was pregnant, my OB examined and questioned and computed that my delivery date was in January. I told him it couldn't be, I was due around Feb. 22nd. He was a dear doctor but he tried pulling the "med school" card on me. I told him I KNEW when I was due because Himself travelled a lot for work and there were only so many chances for us to get together and I unless he was in our room watching he didn't know exactly when I got pregnant. I KNEW since I was there! When he asked "do twins run in your family?" I said "nope, none". He said he would like for me to go for an ultrasound before my next visit. Well OK, no problem there, right? Good thing the Tech let Himself stay in the room during the procedure because everything was going swimmingly...until the Tech "well there's a head, and a leg...and another head". ANOTHER head! When I asked if he was sure his reply? "Well, there might be a third in there I can't see." NOT the right answer.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #1832
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Yup, watching the ultrasound is fun. Pain-inflicting procedures - not so much.

Ages ago, when I was pregnant, my OB examined and questioned and computed that my delivery date was in January. I told him it couldn't be, I was due around Feb. 22nd. He was a dear doctor but he tried pulling the "med school" card on me. I told him I KNEW when I was due because Himself travelled a lot for work and there were only so many chances for us to get together and I unless he was in our room watching he didn't know exactly when I got pregnant. I KNEW since I was there! When he asked "do twins run in your family?" I said "nope, none". He said he would like for me to go for an ultrasound before my next visit. Well OK, no problem there, right? Good thing the Tech let Himself stay in the room during the procedure because everything was going swimmingly...until the Tech "well there's a head, and a leg...and another head". ANOTHER head! When I asked if he was sure his reply? "Well, there might be a third in there I can't see." NOT the right answer.
So, how many babies were there?
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #1833
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
Two. *phew* Himself always wanted two, but I planned on one at a time. Guess my mistake was never committing to "do you want a boy or a girl" questions - had one of each. God has a sense of humor.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #1834
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,094
And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #1835
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!
The good news is that listening to the artery in my neck, it still sounds like there is no new change. So the ultra sound is just part of that dang every six month checkup. Everything gets a review every six months. From blood work on down.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #1836
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.
Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again. And the next repair job will be for her car. Next time she will be more careful.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #1837
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.
Good grief! Who the heck gave the driver's licenses???
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1838
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again. And the next repair job will be for her car. Next time she will be more careful.
The last time we repaired it, we poured a huge, deep concrete bed. No-one should have been able to knock it down. DH and our friend, who built things for a living, both said anyone who backs into this will get HURT! Well, the concrete is hurt. Too dark right now to see the full extent.

What upsets me most is that I'll have to dig up my beautiful clematis, again, for the third time.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #1839
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Good grief! Who the heck gave the driver's licenses???
I feel good that they finally admitted to some of the damage they've done. Usually they deny everything, and get really defensive.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #1840
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The good news is that listening to the artery in my neck, it still sounds like there is no new change. So the ultra sound is just part of that dang every six month checkup. Everything gets a review every six months. From blood work on down.
Good news indeed Addie! Glad to hear it. And you shouldn't worry that they do checkups every six months. That's means you're still here. After all, they can't do a checkup on a dead person.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.