"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1831
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!
Yup, watching the ultrasound is fun. Pain-inflicting procedures - not so much.

Ages ago, when I was pregnant, my OB examined and questioned and computed that my delivery date was in January. I told him it couldn't be, I was due around Feb. 22nd. He was a dear doctor but he tried pulling the "med school" card on me. I told him I KNEW when I was due because Himself travelled a lot for work and there were only so many chances for us to get together and I unless he was in our room watching he didn't know exactly when I got pregnant. I KNEW since I was there! When he asked "do twins run in your family?" I said "nope, none". He said he would like for me to go for an ultrasound before my next visit. Well OK, no problem there, right? Good thing the Tech let Himself stay in the room during the procedure because everything was going swimmingly...until the Tech "well there's a head, and a leg...and another head". ANOTHER head! When I asked if he was sure his reply? "Well, there might be a third in there I can't see." NOT the right answer.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #1832
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Yup, watching the ultrasound is fun. Pain-inflicting procedures - not so much.

Ages ago, when I was pregnant, my OB examined and questioned and computed that my delivery date was in January. I told him it couldn't be, I was due around Feb. 22nd. He was a dear doctor but he tried pulling the "med school" card on me. I told him I KNEW when I was due because Himself travelled a lot for work and there were only so many chances for us to get together and I unless he was in our room watching he didn't know exactly when I got pregnant. I KNEW since I was there! When he asked "do twins run in your family?" I said "nope, none". He said he would like for me to go for an ultrasound before my next visit. Well OK, no problem there, right? Good thing the Tech let Himself stay in the room during the procedure because everything was going swimmingly...until the Tech "well there's a head, and a leg...and another head". ANOTHER head! When I asked if he was sure his reply? "Well, there might be a third in there I can't see." NOT the right answer.
So, how many babies were there?

Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #1833
Master Chef

Two. *phew* Himself always wanted two, but I planned on one at a time. Guess my mistake was never committing to "do you want a boy or a girl" questions - had one of each. God has a sense of humor.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #1834
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #1835
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!
The good news is that listening to the artery in my neck, it still sounds like there is no new change. So the ultra sound is just part of that dang every six month checkup. Everything gets a review every six months. From blood work on down.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #1836
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.
Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again. And the next repair job will be for her car. Next time she will be more careful.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #1837
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Good grief! Who the heck gave the driver's licenses???
Old 10-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1838
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again. And the next repair job will be for her car. Next time she will be more careful.
The last time we repaired it, we poured a huge, deep concrete bed. No-one should have been able to knock it down. DH and our friend, who built things for a living, both said anyone who backs into this will get HURT! Well, the concrete is hurt. Too dark right now to see the full extent.

What upsets me most is that I'll have to dig up my beautiful clematis, again, for the third time.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #1839
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Good grief! Who the heck gave the driver's licenses???
I feel good that they finally admitted to some of the damage they've done. Usually they deny everything, and get really defensive.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #1840
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The good news is that listening to the artery in my neck, it still sounds like there is no new change. So the ultra sound is just part of that dang every six month checkup. Everything gets a review every six months. From blood work on down.
Good news indeed Addie! Glad to hear it. And you shouldn't worry that they do checkups every six months. That's means you're still here. After all, they can't do a checkup on a dead person.