"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #1861
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Touchpad is the way to go. I barely have to lift a finger. There's altogether too much movement with a mouse.
I use touchpad most of the time. Okay, it messes with the typing on occasion, but I can live with that. It is less likely to make my wrist inflamed. My complaint is the buttons on this Toshiba laptop, I have to press the right place on the button to left click. There are parts of that long button that don't work.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #1862
Executive Chef

Every month, Verizon sends me an email to tell me that my bill is available online. Then they send me a text, to tell me that my bill is available online. Then I get a bill in the mail, which I pay.

This makes me want to not pay the bill, and when they complain, I will say "I didn't get the bill!" LOL

Hopefully, I can call them and ask them to discontinue the email and text. I have had this phone for 15 years. I know that I can go online and see my bill.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #1863
Executive Chef

Technically, you guys are way out ahead of me! I barely know what you're talking about! I just have an old fashioned keyboard with an old fashioned mouse.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #1864
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Every month, Verizon sends me an email to tell me that my bill is available online. Then they send me a text, to tell me that my bill is available online. Then I get a bill in the mail, which I pay.

This makes me want to not pay the bill, and when they complain, I will say "I didn't get the bill!" LOL

Hopefully, I can call them and ask them to discontinue the email and text. I have had this phone for 15 years. I know that I can go online and see my bill.
Do they not have an option to "go green" ? They used to and when I signed up for that I no longer got anything other than an email telling me my bill was ready.

There is only 1 bill I get in the mail anymore and that's my water/sewer bill. They simply have not bothered to go "modern". You can only pay with cash or a check.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #1865
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Do they not have an option to "go green" ? They used to and when I signed up for that I no longer got anything other than an email telling me my bill was ready.

There is only 1 bill I get in the mail anymore and that's my water/sewer bill. They simply have not bothered to go "modern". You can only pay with cash or a check.

Yes, they have the "green" option and I'm sure they want me to take that option, but as the above post says, I am behind the times and I pay only by check.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #1866
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

I'm out of contract and that seems to drive them crazy. At one point they were calling me twice a week to make me a "great offer" all which would make my bill higher and I'd end up with less. I finally got them to quit calling after giving them an ear full. I know what's available, I stay up on things and that's why I want to keep my old plan because all of their new plans are more expensive and crap.

They email me to say that my bill is ready, and another email thanking me for my payment (auto pay).

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #1867
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I'm out of contract and that seems to drive them crazy. At one point they were calling me twice a week to make me a "great offer" all which would make my bill higher and I'd end up with less. I finally got them to quit calling after giving them an ear full. I know what's available, I stay up on things and that's why I want to keep my old plan because all of their new plans are more expensive and crap.

They email me to say that my bill is ready, and another email thanking me for my payment (auto pay).
LOL yep ... they can't stand it when they don't have control of their customers.

We had Verizon for many years. And like you, we found their great offers cost us more in the long run.

It took a long time but we finally broke free of them. It simply was not cost efficient for us to use them any longer.

Boy that's when they really put the pressure on.

Anyway .. I know they have good coverage, but money is money and they are not the best deal for everyone.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #1868
Chef Extraordinaire

We have no choice here. This building is wired for Comcast only. I have gone paperless, so when I get their promotional crap in the mail, I black out the mailing code and my name and write across it, "Return to sender." After sending a couple of these back they stop coming for a couple of months. I hate junk mail. I do this will all junk mail. Even though they get a reduced rate for bulk mailings for postage, it is still expensive to be sending this crap out. By getting it back, they think I have either moved or died. When I got rid of my land line, Verizon called me for the few remaining days until the end of the month when it was to be shut off, they hounded me with phone calls. I return all mail that I don't want, to the sender. They have to pay the postage both ways. And I NEVER sign contracts for anything!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #1869
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
We have no choice here. This building is wired for Comcast only. I have gone paperless, so when I get their promotional crap in the mail, I black out the mailing code and my name and write across it, "Return to sender." After sending a couple of these back they stop coming for a couple of months. I hate junk mail. I do this will all junk mail. Even though they get a reduced rate for bulk mailings for postage, it is still expensive to be sending this crap out. By getting it back, they think I have either moved or died. When I got rid of my land line, Verizon called me for the few remaining days until the end of the month when it was to be shut off, they hounded me with phone calls. I return all mail that I don't want, to the sender. They have to pay the postage both ways. And I NEVER sign contracts for anything!
Same here. Our building was wired for Rogers. We had everything else with Bell but were stuck until Bell came out with Fibe TV. It comes through our internet modem. Freedom at last.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #1870
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
LOL yep ... they can't stand it when they don't have control of their customers.

We had Verizon for many years. And like you, we found their great offers cost us more in the long run.

It took a long time but we finally broke free of them. It simply was not cost efficient for us to use them any longer.

Boy that's when they really put the pressure on.

Anyway .. I know they have good coverage, but money is money and they are not the best deal for everyone.
We already pay too much with 2 smartphones, but less than any of their "new" and "improved" plans. Their coverage in this area keeps me with them. It is nice to know that we can switch at any time. We buy used phones off ebay to stay out of contract, there are some great deals on gently used phones out there.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote