Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angel:

I never thought of backing up or going the wrong way. That would actually not be that unusual here in Quebec. :ohmy:

But, I'm the kind of driver who comes to a full stop at a stop sign, even late at night. It would probably be harder on my nerves to go the wrong way. :ermm:

I'm trying to figure out that good food. Thanks for the suggestion.

A big bowl of the Hamburger Soup with some peasant bread for sopping up. :angel:

TL, my second husband was a commercial fisherman and he would be gone for 15 days or longer. If I saw him four days out of each month, that was a lot. I got so used to hme bing gone that when he did come home, I found it hard to adjust. I always thought of his presence as an intrusion in my schedule. :angel:

Even if I had the money, I would never consider living in a condo. I have heard just too many horror stories about them over the years. I love living here in elderly housing. It is owned by HUD (Housing and Urban Development) a federal agency. They in turn hire a property management agency to run and manage the place. HUD shows up once a year to inspect the property. For every little thing they find wrong, the property agency loses points, and gets paid less money. So management here does fix things as fast as they can. When HUD does show up for inspection, the randomly pick apartments to inspect with a fine tooth comb. My apartment has been inspected twice. The tenant is asked questions and management is not allowed to talk to the tenant or give any answers. It is a great system and I love it.

The property agency is paid $50 for each tenant each month for recreation purposes. So last year they asked me if I enjoyed the extra entertainment and parties. I was stunned by the question. All I could say was we had a really great Christmas party each year. It wasn't a lie, I just didn't tell them that there was no monthly entertainment here. I should have spoken up, but why get someone in trouble when I really didn't care if there is a party each month or not. I wouldn't be participating in any of it anyway. So I let it go. :angel:

Yup, we can vote them out at the AGM in June. I can certainly get another copy of the finances as of the last AGM. I might be able to get a copy of the current state of our finances, but I have my doubts. I don't think they are well enough organized to have anything up to date between AGMs.

I missed the last AGM. I think I wasn't feeling well. I try to go to them, even though I hate them. I dislike the squabbling and petty nonsense. I dislike power tripping. I dislike the lack of common sense.

I can't find the financial statements that they handed out this year. I found the ones from the previous year. At that time we had over $50,000 in the contingency fund. There was nothing in the budget that should have used that up. I haven't heard about any other emergency expenditures.

I would run for rep, but I don't think anyone wants to nominate me. Most of my neighbours are not people I would choose as friends. And I think it would be a real PITA to be a rep with this group. I really admire you for being willing to do the work of being on the board.

If the financials are OK, you really only have the water man as an issue. I'd address that. Maybe you and your neighbor who approached you could get some others to join in and send letters to the board - the more the better.

If the issues go beyond that, you'll have to expend some real energy.

Do you have a property management company?

If the financials are OK, you really only have the water man as an issue. I'd address that. Maybe you and your neighbor who approached you could get some others to join in and send letters to the board - the more the better.

If the issues go beyond that, you'll have to expend some real energy.

Do you have a property management company?
Yup, that's the plan. You are right, the more letters and phone calls, the better. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a big change in our contingency fund when I looked over the financials that I can no longer find.

No, no property management company. The closest we have to that is a landscaping company that takes care of our lawns and snow removal.

I got an automated call from the city today, telling me about the one way biz on our street, starting 15 November. They said it was so we can park on both sides of the street. That certainly mitigates the situation. I almost never park on the street (I have indoor parking). However, it should make it much easier for friends and clients to find a parking spot nearby.

The sign at the corner didn't mention the change in parking regulations.

To me this is a huge vent but i know when i get it out i will feel better. mostly it it a "feeling sorry for myself" more than a vent.

i have been typing for over 35 years and am down to three or fingers and looking at the keys. i know i will be spell checking this too. Now i am also not able to talk because things are stuck in my throat but doctors say nothing wrong - they agree it is not my acid reflux as they see the scarring but nothing they can do.

On top of that the arthritis in my back doesn't allow for much sitting or standing but fibromyalgia doesn't allow for lying down much - clothes, bedsheets, anything on my skin hurts.

i know i have mentioned this before and others have far worse but communicating is a big thing for me. I guess I am just having a hard time accepting it will get worse.

Finally, this has taken me over 15 minutes to type where it should be under a minute!

I am so sorry for your pain. I hope today is a good day.:flowers:

why must people call & say, 'i'm on my way over', rather than see if it's okay if they visit~ could be that i'm preoccupied, or, as with this afternoon, leaving.

I've had a really bad day so far. My Sister and Mother have written each other off, my Brother and Sister haven't spoken for almost 2 years and don't think they ever will. Also read about a dozen really bad lies my mother wrote about me in an email to my Sister. My Dad admitted that my Mother had an affair with the man she dated after their divorce. The same man who tried to get touchy with me. Thank goodness I had the common sense to get out and move to my Father. My Mother accused me of only looking for attention then, I was only 12. Can't believe she took a man 20 yrs her junior's word against her child.
I don't need this nonsense, I'm 31 yrs old with 2 kids of my own. Wish they would sort out their own problems. I was very happy leaving my skeletons buried!
My Mother and Sister are using me as the middle man. I have been sent different versions of the story all day. All included things I said, so much for family keeping your secrets.
I don't want to deal with this, I have enough other problems. Can't even write my Mother off. I just don't have it in me even though thinking of her right now makes me sick.

Anyway, life goes on. Just needed to write it down, don't have anyone else to vent to.

The snow plows are coming! That's the "YAY!" the "BOO!" is that I had to run out into the street to move Bugs' car onto the driveway so it doesn't get plowed in.

Did I mention I'm still in my nightie? Eeek!

The snow plows are coming! That's the "YAY!" the "BOO!" is that I had to run out into the street to move Bugs' car onto the driveway so it doesn't get plowed in.

Did I mention I'm still in my nightie? Eeek!
Ah yes, the joys of winter. Do the snowplow guys announce that they are there with a very loud horn or siren?

You reminded me of scenes from movies/TV from the '60s. A bunch of housewives would drive their hubbies to the train dressed in nightie and coat and sometimes, curlers.

when i'm the appointed middle-person for my divorceing Parents, i let 'em know
-i'm not a mediator or the middle-woman
-they ought behave as adults
-phone #'s can be easily blocked
-they brought this on themselves
- they might take responsibility for once
stay strong & vent away, snip! keeping stuff in can be stressful.

Last edited:
There is a website you can check, but in this case, Ken was out walking the dog and saw them. He called me to move the vehicles.

when i'm the appointed middle-person for my divorceing Parents, i let 'em know
-i'm not a mediator or the middle-woman
-they ought behave as adults
-phone #'s can be easily blocked
-they brought this on themselves
- they might take responsibility for once
stay strong & vent away, snip! keeping stuff in can be stressful.

Thank you!
I've put my phone off but they email me. They both know I will read it. I care too damn much. If I become a closet alcoholic I'm blaming them :LOL:
I talk here because I know I can speak without getting judged and no one on DC goes out to make my life harder. I trust you guys and I keep this forum to myself. I have to talk sometimes for the sake of my sanity and I can't talk to family. Don't know who I can trust. I know blood is thicker than water but right now I choose water. Don't like thick things anyway ;)

not a problem; i (we, as a group) lend an ear, & when i can, i'll offer advice. those un-read e-mails can leave a person rather curious.
i say if typing your woes away to us is sufficient, type on!

not so very lovely when families begin to crumble, although it's usually almost a relief later on.

not a problem; i (we, as a group) lend an ear, & when i can, i'll offer advice. those un-read e-mails can leave a person rather curious.
i say if typing your woes away to us is sufficient, type on!

not so very lovely when families begin to crumble, although it's usually almost a relief later on.

I do just need the odd vent. Thank you Luvs. This was good enough for me. It's sad but kinda true. It would kinda be a relief :wacko:

Snip, hang in there. You don't have to be anyone's victim. And that is what your family is trying to make you. :angel:

Snip, hang in there. You don't have to be anyone's victim. And that is what your family is trying to make you. :angel:
\

Thank you Addie. I've stopped contact with all of them for now. My Mom and Sister are trying to get me to choose between the 2 of them. They say I can stay out of it but in the same breath they both are saying that they've cut ties with each other and suggest I do the same. It's messed up, why should I write either of them off because they have?!

Back
Top Bottom