Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Hugs from me too Snip

I've had a really bad day so far. My Sister and Mother have written each other off, my Brother and Sister haven't spoken for almost 2 years and don't think they ever will. Also read about a dozen really bad lies my mother wrote about me in an email to my Sister. My Dad admitted that my Mother had an affair with the man she dated after their divorce. The same man who tried to get touchy with me. Thank goodness I had the common sense to get out and move to my Father. My Mother accused me of only looking for attention then, I was only 12. Can't believe she took a man 20 yrs her junior's word against her child.
I don't need this nonsense, I'm 31 yrs old with 2 kids of my own. Wish they would sort out their own problems. I was very happy leaving my skeletons buried!
My Mother and Sister are using me as the middle man. I have been sent different versions of the story all day. All included things I said, so much for family keeping your secrets.
I don't want to deal with this, I have enough other problems. Can't even write my Mother off. I just don't have it in me even though thinking of her right now makes me sick.

Anyway, life goes on. Just needed to write it down, don't have anyone else to vent to.

So I sit here in total frustration. Winthrop has a contract with a chair coach company to transfer patients to and from medical appointments in town. Now I only live 15 minutes, traffic allowing, from the medical facility. For my past two appointments they were 45 minutes late picking me up. Of course, traffic was not allowing. Then on the way back home from my last appointment last Wednesday, the driver got a call on his cell. I know they are not allowed to receive or make personal phone calls when transporting a patient. And they have their radio if the dispatcher needs to get in touch with the driver.

How do I know it was a personal call me was on? He was talking Haitian. As we approached my building I kept telling him to take the next left. We ended up going six blocks out of the way because one hand wasn't free to turn the steering wheel. I had just had a most difficult visit with the surgeon and was in no mood to go six blocks out of the way while listening to him jabber in a foreign language. I just wanted to get home and take a long nap. I hate to get anyone in trouble. But today was the last straw.

What happened today you ask. My pickup time was 12 noon. I called the dispatcher and "No", we don't have you down for a pickup. So I call Winthrop. I know they called it in yesterday. She had me on hold while she made the call and then came back on line with me to confirm it. So tomorrow when I go to Winthrop, I am going to file a complaint against the Chair Coach Company. Today's appointment with the surgeon was an important one. So if I had asked to try and squeeze me in late, I would have been sitting there until I was the last one of the day. I know how that works. So the appointment has to be rescheduled for next week. Next week is Thanksgiving and that means there will be a bunch of patients squeezed into four days.

Please God, turn me into an Iguana so I can sit in the sun all day away from all this crap! :angel:

Snip 13 said:
Thank you!
I've put my phone off but they email me. They both know I will read it. I care too damn much. If I become a closet alcoholic I'm blaming them :LOL:
I talk here because I know I can speak without getting judged and no one on DC goes out to make my life harder. I trust you guys and I keep this forum to myself. I have to talk sometimes for the sake of my sanity and I can't talk to family. Don't know who I can trust. I know blood is thicker than water but right now I choose water. Don't like thick things anyway ;)

Read the email if you have to, but it makes a statement if you don't respond. Maybe they will understand that you don't want to be a part of it. Good luck. I know it's hard.

Oh Alix, my mom used to go out in her night gown and bare feet in the snow to start the car for my dad. Never could figure out why she didn't just get dressed to do her good deed.

chopper said:
Read the email if you have to, but it makes a statement if you don't respond. Maybe they will understand that you don't want to be a part of it. Good luck. I know it's hard.

+1

Hang in there, Snip!

Follow up to this post: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/venting-62526-327.html#post1203878.

The auditor was pleased with the reports, even though there was some weird stuff due to changing treasurers in February. The other members of the executive were pleased with the reports. The members were pleased with the reports, especially those members who have some comprehension of accounting. ;)

I was voted treasurer, instead of vice president. Since I wasn't collecting the money today, I covered my bum. Today members were paying for the luncheon and some were paying for membership renewal and some were paying for the Mortens Goose supper we are having on the 24th. I brought my little Neat Scanner and scanned all the cheques we received. Only two of the cheques didn't have adequate memos and I will phone or email those members before they forget what they were paying for.

It's not that I think anyone is trying to steal or scam anything. Stephen Covey said that there are two components to trust: character and competence. These cheques may be deposited before everything is turned over to me and I want to know what they were for without having to guess. I'm fairly sure that one of the bank deposits from last year had a cheque listed with the wrong amount. I will be scanning the cheques every month so I can make sure that I don't make that kind of mistake or if I do, I can figure out that I did.

congratulations, taxlady for being elected treasurer. your club's money is in good, competent hands now :)

oh why did you have to go and say morten's goose though? now i won't be able to get roasted goose out of my mind for days. love goose so much, but haven't had one for at least a decade. that's one goose i will remember for life, though!.... :)

Last edited:
Today's petty vent was all about driving.

Last night I had to move my car out of the garage because they changed the oil tank for the heater in our garage today. There were going to be several hours this morning that we wouldn't be able to get in or out of the garage.

I spent a half an hour looking for a parking spot on the street. I didn't pay attention to the sign that said "No parking Wednesdays 09h00 to 12h00. I'm pretty sure it used to be from 11-12 or from 12-13. So, when I went to get in the car, there was a parking ticket. At least it's only for $32.

One of my tires looked awfully low on air, so I went to the gas station for air. Gas was a good 10 cents a litre cheaper than it has been, so I wanted to add some gas. There were a lot of cars at the gas station. One guy was so eager to get my spot, since I was done, that he was crowding me. Then, when I started to leave, he immediately started into my spot, so I could hardly get out of it. He had an out of province license plate. And the tire, it was at less than 20 lbs. :ohmy: I really should remember to check tire pressure more often. I forgot to put the caps back on the tire valves, so I had four metal caps in my pocket all day.

Drivers were crazily aggressive today. It was scary and I'm used to aggressive Quebec drivers. Cutting me off, tail gating, scary sudden lane changes. Honking at me because I won't tailgate the guy in front of me. Then, when I finally get home, the guy coming into the garage behind me, wouldn't let me back up. Misunderstanding, but as he put it, "We managed to have a traffic jam at home."

i know how hurtful family quarrels can be. sorta going on here. i try to just ignore it. hard to do though

Thank you Babe :)
Just wish they would leave me out of it but I've got the kinda family that forces you to choose between them and if not they'll get angry with me.
My life is like a B movie!

Thank you Babe :)
Just wish they would leave me out of it but I've got the kinda family that forces you to choose between them and if not they'll get angry with me.
My life is like a B movie!

I finally handled this type of situation in my family by deciding it was not MY problem, it was theirs. If they wanted to be angry, there was nothing I could do about it. I am not responsible for their happiness, only mine and Shrek's. You know, I feel so much better about most things, because I don't let their attitudes effect me.

I finally handled this type of situation in my family by deciding it was not MY problem, it was theirs. If they wanted to be angry, there was nothing I could do about it. I am not responsible for their happiness, only mine and Shrek's. You know, I feel so much better about most things, because I don't let their attitudes effect me.

Thank Fi :)
I've just been ignoring them for the past 2 days. Woosh!

+1

Hope it works out, Addie!

I am sure it will in the end. But this latest setback just prolongs the surgery on my right eye. Right now I have to walk around with my left eye closed. Evidently the surgery was successful. I can see without my glasses clearly in my left eye. But I still need my glasses for my right eye and the left lens is too strong and makes my left eye hurt. Did any of that make sense?

I just noticed something. This morning my eyeball was swollen and sore if I touched my eyelid. I just went to gently rub my left eye and the eyeball has gone down and is no longer sore. There is hope on the horizon. Maybe by the time I see the surgeon next Wednesday, she will tell me she is ready to do the right eye. I just get so frustrated so easily. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom