Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know dialysis doesn't make people rude and inconsiderate because I know you. However, some of your fellow patients are jerks.

If someone asks you for cookies they can give as a gift, tell them you're not taking anymore orders right now, the kitchen is closed.

As far as people who don't ask (for a recipe) politely, you can just "forget" to do it.
+1

I know dialysis doesn't make people rude and inconsiderate because I know you. However, some of your fellow patients are jerks.

If someone asks you for cookies they can give as a gift, tell them you're not taking anymore orders right now, the kitchen is closed.

As far as people who don't ask (for a recipe) politely, you can just "forget" to do it.

Thanks my friends. How much I love all ove you. So good and kind you make me feel cared for. Thank you all.I'll follow your advise Andy,Tax,Dawg
cj

I agree, you don't need to become someone's personal baker, or employee.

I love to bring things to functions, very often co-workers will think that they can just place an order and I'll do it. I've gotten very firm telling them, no. If I didn't do this, I would be working all day, and coming home and baking every night until christmas, I've done it and honestly I came to resent it. So now everything is on my terms. I had no time to bake to give for gifts, which I really enjoy. As it is, I work retail and my days are crazy enough this time of year.

I still bake for friends, but they know to give me LOTS of notice, and are easy to deal with.

Don't be a doormat. Do things for those who appreciate them.

Need some advice. I take baked goodies to most of the people in my dialysis group as well as the nurses. The nurses are fine but I have several people who have decided I'm SOFT TOUCH AND i GUESS i Am but why do people ask me for a batch of cookies to take to someones house for Thanksgiving? Or would you type up that recipe for me no please or what ever. I'm beginning to feel like No more for them. Of course I won't but darn it a thank you now and then would be nice.
kades

You are such a caring and considerate person Kades :)

Say no to them, you are not there personal baker!

Okay, here we go again. I had an appointment with my vascular doctor. The secretary again screwed it up with transportation. This is so unlike the two women in the office. They have a hard job, but they are good at what they do. And that is a lot. So now I have to make two new appointments. One with vascular and one with my cardio doctor. I will try it again. I am just resigned to all these screw ups. I have to see my cardio doctor before they go forward with my eye appointment for the other eye.

Please God, make me an Iguana so I will not have to keep anymore appointments. I can then sit on a rock in the sun all day and sleep. :angel:

Okay, here we go again. I had an appointment with my vascular doctor. The secretary again screwed it up with transportation. This is so unlike the two women in the office. They have a hard job, but they are good at what they do. And that is a lot. So now I have to make two new appointments. One with vascular and one with my cardio doctor. I will try it again. I am just resigned to all these screw ups. I have to see my cardio doctor before they go forward with my eye appointment for the other eye.

Please God, make me an Iguana so I will not have to keep anymore appointments. I can then sit on a rock in the sun all day and sleep. :angel:
:angel:Not an Iguana, but our Addie who is sitting and enjoying the sun in her chair with a nice drink she likes and a little snack.:angel::angel:
kades

:angel:Not an Iguana, but our Addie who is sitting and enjoying the sun in her chair with a nice drink she likes and a little snack.:angel::angel:
kades

Thank you for the angels. Just think, an Iguana does not have to do dishes, make beds, the kids leave home and never return with the kids in tow, never has medical appointments, never has to cook for the family, they just catch a fly that is in the neighborhood, etc. They just sit in the sun. then at night, they crawl under a rock amd sleep the night away.

But the best part is that they are so ugly that nobody every goes to them with their problems or asks them to do favors they don't want to do. When was the last time you ask an Iguana for advice or a favor? :angel:

...But the best part is that they are so ugly that nobody every goes to them with their problems or asks them to do favors they don't want to do. When was the last time you ask an Iguana for advice or a favor? :angel:

On the other side of the coin, they have to hunt for food. They have to fight off other iguanas who want to steal their food. Unwary tourist and fighting iguanas often break off or bite off their tail which has to grow back. Little kids tease them. They may not have medical appointments, but they also don't have medical care.

Oh cool! A vent thread. Where do I even start!:ROFLMAO:

Today I will just vent about one aspect of my job that drives me bonkers. I am a bookkeeper/secretary in a property management office and my pet peeve is tenants who cant do things for themselves. We are located near an marine base and we get alot of newly married couples, most of the new brides never having been on their own before and coming straight from mommy and daddy's nest. I cannot tell you how often I get calls like "my toilet is clogged, can somebody come and unclogg it?" and its usually because they tried to flush something unsuitable like paper towels. Also there is the "come change my light bulb" call.

I also remember one Thanksgiving where a tenant could not figure out how to turn on their oven. They literally had never turned it on before and simple act of pushing "bake", "set temperature" and "start" was too unmanagable for her. Then she had the nerve to ask us to reimburse her for they ruined turkey. That was met with some chuckling and a no.

What I've found is that many of these girls husbands have been deployed and now they are left to try and figure out things on their own. They manage to have babies but can't unclogg a toilet. Sheesh!

I think it's my duty to get them up to speed as quickly as possible and not coddle them. They will get directions on where they can buy a plunger and some light bulbs. Isn't that nice of me? Now I'm done venting for today. :)

mmyap, I managed an eight apartment piece of property in Spanaway, WA for a relative. I too had military couples that for the most part were still wearing the confetti from their wedding. I had to teach them; how to order a phone, put utilities in their name, how to nurse a newborn, clean windows, dust off window sills, how to shop for groceries, and a myriad of other things that they should have learned before they left home. The youngest bride I ever had was 15. Her husband was 18 and had just graduated from H.S. and enlisted in the Air Force the next day. She was pregnant and so excited. I can't tell you how many times they woke me up in the middle of the night because the baby wouldn't stop crying. One bride had twins while her husband was out on maneuvers. All the husbands were assigned to Fort Lewis/McCord Air Force base just a couple of miles from the apartments. They couldn't live off base unless they had a phone number where they could be reached in a hurry. And there were plenty of those calls. Oh I just loved being woke up at 3 a.m.l and going around banging on doors getting the husbands up.

When they first arrived, they couldn't afford a phone. So I let them use my number. I used to get calls all the time in the middle of the night for the husbands to report to the base immediately. Their parents would also call to check up on them. One parent told me that she didn't worry about her child because I was there to take care of them. Huh??? I so wanted to tell her that her child could not function of its own. That their child was totally unprepared for life. I could go on and on. It was mostly the brides that drove me crazy. They simply could not grasp that their husbands had no choice when they military gave their husband an order, he HAD to obey. Even if it meant leaving the wife in the middle of the night. :angel:

Andy, have you been watching the news? There is a 28 mile backup on the turnpike. And the South Shore is just as bad. Everyone is trying to get an early start to get out of town for the holiday. I am so glad I just have to go a couple of blocks to my daughter's. :angel:

Andy, have you been watching the news? There is a 28 mile backup on the turnpike. And the South Shore is just as bad. Everyone is trying to get an early start to get out of town for the holiday. I am so glad I just have to go a couple of blocks to my daughter's. :angel:

I just talked to SO. She's at work and heard the same traffic reports. Dinner will be late tonight unless things clear up.

No Class, Absurd

Actually, I think this is too big for petty vents but...
A friend of mine works for a very large furniture company here in the states. Don't know if I can say the name here so...begins with an A (3 letter word, it is what charcoal turns into after its burned) ends in LEY. Every year around this time they give their employees a gift certificate worth $15.00, good for a turkey or something. The problem is that they then take the $15.00 back out of the employees paychecks. Unheard of. Unbelievable. A slap in the face. I was appalled! Sad. But True.:(

Last edited:
Actually, I think this is too big for petty vents but...
A friend of mine works for a very large furniture company here in the states. Don't know if I can say the name here so...begins with an A (3 letter word, it is what charcoal turns into after its burned) ends in LEY. Every year around this time they give their employees a gift certificate worth $15.00, good for a turkey or something. The problem is that they then take the $15.00 back out of the employees paychecks. Unheard of. Unbelievable. A slap in the face. I was appalled! Sad. But True.:(

OMG ... that is more than a slap in the face !! That company could and should do something better than that ... I am shocked. I bet the bigwigs get more than that and don't have to pay it back.

I don't get a gift at all. Come to think of it neither does Hubby. My brother always gets a turkey so for thanksgiving he always provides the turkey and lets my sister make it.

So, let me get this straight, they force their employees to spend money on a gift certificate, as a what, punishment for yule? Do the employees at least get to decide which store they will be be forced to get the gift from or is that decided for them?

Back
Top Bottom