Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<soft laughter so as not to wake up CLOTN> Thanks for the story, sounds like many times at my parents. Heck, sounds like me trying to get sleep now.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
It was pretty funny. As much as I wanted that nap, I couldn't help but see the humor in it.

When we are at my Dad's house, he gets up really early and throws dishes in the kitchen! When we finally just go ahead and get up he says, "I didn't think you would be up yet." :)

Apparently, when I get ready to take a nap, an alert is sent to every telemarketer and relative so thy will know to call me.

Andy M. said:
Apparently, when I get ready to take a nap, an alert is sent to every telemarketer and relative so thy will know to call me.

LOL. that happens when we sit down to eat.

ICE

How many of you are aware of ICE? No, I don't mean the kind you put in drinks or skate on. I mean the ICE number that is listed in your cell phone. For those of you who don't know what it stands for; In Case Of Emergency. Anytime I have gotten a new phone, it is the very first number I enter. Should something happen when I am away from home and I am unconscious, the first thing a First Responder will look for on your phone is the ICE. You should always list it as follow ICE Mary Daughter and then the number Area Code - 555-1234. :angel:

How many of you are aware of ICE? No, I don't mean the kind you put in drinks or skate on. I mean the ICE number that is listed in your cell phone. For those of you who don't know what it stands for; In Case Of Emergency. Anytime I have gotten a new phone, it is the very first number I enter. Should something happen when I am away from home and I am unconscious, the first thing a First Responder will look for on your phone is the ICE. You should always list it as follow ICE Mary Daughter and then the number Area Code - 555-1234. :angel:
Thank you for the reminder. I know about it, but I couldn't remember the acronym. I'll put it on my phone right away.

I just realized there is a little problem. My phone requires a code to use it. I put the code so I won't bum dial.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reminder. I know about it, but I couldn't remember the acronym. I'll put it on my phone right away.

I just realized there is a little problem. My phone requires a code to use it. I put the code so I won't bum dial.

:LOL: Make the code simple. Such as 1 2 3

i will have to ask my son if there is a code they use first when they find the phone locked. Will get back to you on that. I just sent him an email. :angel:

Last edited:
I have my medic alert necklace I wear whenever I am out of the house. It has web access to all of my health information, including my contact numbers. Also have a key fob that is USB storage with all the info, plug it into any computer and it brings up my health info.

I have my medic alert necklace I wear whenever I am out of the house. It has web access to all of my health information, including my contact numbers. Also have a key fob that is USB storage with all the info, plug it into any computer and it brings up my health info.

How can I get one of those key fobs? Between heart, diabetes, allergies to a lot of meds, it sounds like just what I need. I already have a blank Flash, should I use that? It has a ring for my key ring. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been toying for years about wearing a braclet or neclace, but with my skin condition it would only aggravate it. :angel: And one for you Miss Nightingale! :angel:

How can I get one of those key fobs? Between heart, diabetes, allergies to a lot of meds, it sounds like just what I need. I already have a blank Flash, should I use that? It has a ring for my key ring. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been toying for years about wearing a braclet or neclace, but with my skin condition it would only aggravate it. :angel: And one for you Miss Nightingale! :angel:

You can get them here: Medical History Bracelet » CARE Medical History Keychain with 2.0 e-Manager Software

They are simple to keep updated.

Thanks for the info. There is a Canadian site that sells them too: www.icetag.ca They also sell tags to hang on your key chain, attach to your backpack, helmet, shoe,...

I'm waiting to hear back if the USB key is in French and English. In Quebec, I would usually get Francophone first responders who may speak English, but may not read it. Spanish is fairly useless here.

I update mine after each Doctor's appointment and it has all my labs in it, too. It's right on my laptop, easy to access. I keep Shrek's up to date, too. All of my POA info and emergency contacts are in there. Med list, insurance info... It's got everything!

I got my notice of assessment for my sales tax reports for the 3rd quarter of 2012 today. They have assessed a penalty and interest. :ohmy:

So, tomorrow I have to phone the MRQ (Ministère du Revenu du Québec). I had to rummage, but I found my receipt. The sales tax reports were due on 2012-10-31 and that's the date on my receipts. Yes, two receipts - one for the report and one for the cash I paid. And the one for the cash I paid, says what it is for. I hate having to waste my time calling the government. It often takes forever to get someone who can handle the problem. Grrr :furious:

My vent is about MagicJack.

I tried last year to use the "no computer necessary" service. It turned out that it was supposed to be hooked up to my modem, so it didn't need a computer necessarily, but why would I have a modem without the computer.

My modem did not have a port that would fit, nor could I find any adaptor. I could still hook it up through the computer, but every time I closed my laptop, I had no phone service.

I gave it up as a bad purchase, but have been waiting for the renewal request to prevent them from charging me for another year's service.

Instead of requesting, my renewal, I just received an email saying they were going to charge my account if I didn't reply within one hour.

The email was posted at 2AM! I just happened to be up and checking in at 3:50, so sent them a reply that I wasn't going to renew and added a note about the 2AM email being an unethical way of doing business.

The charge isn't supposed to go through until 12/2/12, so I'll be checking to see if they attempt it.

GRRRrrr!

Last edited:
My vent is about MagicJack.

I tried last year to use the "no computer necessary" service. It turned out that it was supposed to be hooked up to my modem, so it didn't need a computer necessarily, but why would I have a modem without the computer.

My modem did not have a port that would fit, nor could I find any adaptor. I could still hook it up through the computer, but every time I closed my laptop, I had no phone service.
I think you need an external modem or router for it to work without a computer, though they say you can plug the MagicJack into the wall phone plug.
I gave it up as a bad purchase, but have been waiting for the renewal request to prevent them from charging me for another year's service.
Didn't they have a 30 day free trial?

Instead of requesting, my renewal, I just received an email saying they were going to charge my account if I didn't reply within one hour.

The email was posted at 2AM! I just happened to be up and checking in at 3:50, so sent them a reply that I wasn't going to renew and added a note about the 2AM email being an unethical way of doing business.

The charge isn't supposed to go through until 12/2/12, so I'll be checking to see if they attempt it.

GRRRrrr!
Now that just stinks. It's no way to make themselves look like a reputable company and I agree that it is unethical.

Back
Top Bottom