"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #1961
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'd swipe his cane if it wasn't too tall for me. He has some nice ones. We are now looking into a 4 wheel walker with a seat for Shrek.
My Brother has one and he does well with it. He has more confidence about going places because he knows he can sit down and rest if he needs to. The downside is all the junk he carries in the compartment under the seat, he's worse than an old lady with a gigantic handbag!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #1962
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That's what I'm hoping, that Shrek will get some confidence and go mall-walking with me. He can stop anytime and watch me lap him several times. He really needs to get up and get moving.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #1963
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm starting to have nightmares, first one was about three weeks ago. Last night had another, took Shrek almost two minutes to wake me up out of it. He said I was screaming and talking gibberish. All I remember was I was locked in a library and everyone else was dead. Then I saw that one person on a floor lower was alive and I was yelling for help. About then I felt something touch my back and started screaming. Then I woke up.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #1964
Master Chef

Quote:
I'm starting to have nightmares, first one was about three weeks ago. Last night had another, took Shrek almost two minutes to wake me up out of it. He said I was screaming and talking gibberish. All I remember was I was locked in a library and everyone else was dead. Then I saw that one person on a floor lower was alive and I was yelling for help. About then I felt something touch my back and started screaming. Then I woke up.
Stress!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #1965
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I found this Simply Being Guided Meditation app helpful when I was under a lot of stress: iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Apps | Meditation Oasis
Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #1966
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I found this Simply Being Guided Meditation app helpful when I was under a lot of stress: iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Apps | Meditation Oasis
Is there one for someone who doesn't have an i-anything? I am very susceptible to nightmares, thought I had them under control for many years. Was horrible when I was a kid.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #1967
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Stress!
roll me in cotton wool and turn the light off as you leave
Old 10-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #1968
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Is there one for someone who doesn't have an i-anything? I am very susceptible to nightmares, thought I had them under control for many years. Was horrible when I was a kid.
Here's podcasts of those meditations: Listen to the Meditation Oasis Podcast | Meditation Oasis
Old 10-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #1969
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks, TL...I can download them to my computer, then to my MP3 player for breaks at work.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #1970
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Here's podcasts of those meditations: Listen to the Meditation Oasis Podcast | Meditation Oasis
Fascinating! I have downloaded several of the meditations. Thanks for the link TL. (I have lifelong and severe insomnia which I am sure is related to stress and being unable to "shut down"). Maybe these will help.