Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm crabby (and so I'm going to sign off soon so I don't inadvertently moderate out of my grumpiness!) because the furnace in my Mom's house stopped working sometime Saturday night and its STILL not fixed. I had a guy out Sunday who told me they needed a special part ($800!!!) that they would order Monday. Well great and wonderful! In the meantime the house is 6C (42F)!!! I've got space heaters going in a couple of places and the gas fireplace is running but its still freaking freezing in there. I'm worried about a pipe bursting. There isn't much else I can do unfortunately but wait.

I'm mostly irritated because if I don't work, I don't get paid. I'm a casual employee and have no leave with pay. I've had to take yesterday off work and I might have to take tonight off as well. I feel guilty about taking time off because the place I'm supposed to be working is already running short because of all the colds/flus that are running rampant at the moment. BAH! Murphy's Law sucks!

I'm ticked at a cab company too. My oldest daughter went downtown for a school program yesterday after school and was supposed to be cabbed back to the school. The cab never showed. When the girls called to get a second cab dispatched that one never showed either. My husband went downtown (he'd just come home from there!) and picked up both girls. What kind of ignorant driver leaves two teenaged girls stranded alone downtown in the middle of winter???? Called cab company - complained. Big whoop. They won't do anything, they have pretty close to a monopoly in town here.

Grump grump grump. I'm signing off before I depress all of you. I'll go have some chocolate and come back happier. ;)

Same problems down here would be no biggie -- but up where 'freezing' is literally freezing! What's wrong with those people?!? I have no dog in the fight, but am in high dudgeon on your behalf, whatever that's worth. Cleopatra or somebody like that used to take a bath in donkey milk - maybe a chocolate soak would be helpful.

'Scuse me now - I'm going to go look for another cliche' to use.

Just sitting here trying to picture a row of donkeys being milked by as many Egyptians and wondering how many donkeys have to be milked to fill Cleopatra's bathtub.

Attachments

• lait-ane-anesse.jpg
    lait-ane-anesse.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 124
Just sitting here trying to picture a row of donkeys being milked by as many Egyptians and wondering how many donkeys have to be milked to fill Cleopatra's bathtub.

You bet your donkey it would take a bunch. Now, how do we get a tubful of chocolate - Hershey's syrup?

OK, anyone have this frustration? I've got few choices in town for buying products of any type, and Wal-Mart is the major one. How about having to buy sizes larger than you need, then having the dispenser fail when you've only used half or so of the product. I've got a half-can of hairspray, half of spray starch, half of a spray cleaning product, and half of heavy duty skin lotion all in dispensers that render the stuff somewhere between unusable or difficult. In my lifetime the size of the average U.S. family has decreased considerably, but the packaging has gotten more and more and more. I'm constantly throwing half of something away because the pump or spray just doesn't work any more and I get frustrated with it!

OK, anyone have this frustration? I've got few choices in town for buying products of any type, and Wal-Mart is the major one. How about having to buy sizes larger than you need, then having the dispenser fail when you've only used half or so of the product. I've got a half-can of hairspray, half of spray starch, half of a spray cleaning product, and half of heavy duty skin lotion all in dispensers that render the stuff somewhere between unusable or difficult. In my lifetime the size of the average U.S. family has decreased considerably, but the packaging has gotten more and more and more. I'm constantly throwing half of something away because the pump or spray just doesn't work any more and I get frustrated with it!

Have you tried clearing the nozzles by holding the cans upside down and spraying until there is just air coming out? Or soaking the nozzles in hot water in case they are clogged?

I don't buy aerosol cans, so nope, I don't have that frustration. I can always put something in a different container if the pump breaks.

Wait, I do have a trial size can of hairspray that is aerosol...I use it to kill bees and wasps if they get in the apartment. If that quits on me, I just get another.

Yeah, I've tried that with some success. I'll put the lotion dispenser in a bowl of hot water and try it again tomorrow. The hairspray and spray starch I'll just toss and buy new. But there are more and more two person households (like ours) so why don't .... well, you get the picture. Heck, half my friends are single, for that matter.

Yeah, I've tried that with some success. I'll put the lotion dispenser in a bowl of hot water and try it again tomorrow. The hairspray and spray starch I'll just toss and buy new. But there are more and more two person households (like ours) so why don't .... well, you get the picture. Heck, half my friends are single, for that matter.

Is the lotion a pump? If so, remove it from the bottle and screw it onto another bottle (that fits) and filled with hot water, pump like crazy, let it sit a bit and pump again. It should clear out easy.

I like to get small squeeze bottles and put the tail end of lotions into those, put them in my work bag. I always have a bottle somewhere that is upside down, waiting for the last drops.:LOL: Drives Shrek nuts!

It's annoying when the spray paint quits spraying in the middle of a job and you can hear the paint sloshing around in there. Grrr.

So the other day, when I spent my day driving my bf to work, going to the grocery store for ingredients, and then cooking a meal that would be hot and ready when he got home from work (at which point I was at my own job), I came home to find he had left my stuffed manicotti I spent hours on, sitting on the counter for 4 hours. I had called him at work and told him all he had to do was put it in the fridge, but he couldn't be bothered. He said he was tired and took a nap. So I spent my entire day doing stuff for him, and he couldn't take 5 minutes to put some leftovers away.

Also, he doesn't sleep well so sometimes he gets up in the middle of the night and goes and lays on the couch. It's bad enough that I don't get to wake up with him in the morning, my phone is our alarm, and even though I've told him several times to bring it with him if he gets up, he never does. So I get to jump out of bed at 8 in the morning even though I don't work til 5. Oh, but first I get to drive 25 min to bring him to work because he's procrastinated for over a week now getting his car fixed. I suggested taking the bus but I think he thought I was joking... Then last night when I filled my tank he looked surprised when I asked for gas money! 3/4 of my tank probably went to driving him around!! Grr. Ok, I think I'm done now. Gotta get up now and tell him the alarm went off 1/2 and hour ago

someone hacked my email. it was turned off . i had to get another account with all the mess that goes with that. really pis============== me off. spent three hours on phone with at&t. so far can't find any of my files. hopefully i will be able to figure it out. no one notified me from either yahoo or att.

someone hacked my email. it was turned off . i had to get another account with all the mess that goes with that. really pis============== me off. spent three hours on phone with at&t. so far can't find any of my files. hopefully i will be able to figure it out. no one notified me from either yahoo or att.

Oh that stinks! Shrek was saying a bunch of his archived stuff is missing...good thing I have copies of all of it.

Yeah, it was Charlie Sheen...:ROFLMAO:

thanks barbara. i sure hope i can find the files. at least six have many pictures, that are precious to me. however i think i have them on shutter fly site. can't even remember what is in the rest.

thanks barbara. i sure hope i can find the files. at least six have many pictures, that are precious to me. however i think i have them on shutter fly site. can't even remember what is in the rest.

I know you're really angry right now, but when you feel like it I'd like to hear the details about what having your email hacked means.

I'm concerned with identity theft and would like to know if my McAfee is protection enough.

I know you're really angry right now, but when you feel like it I'd like to hear the details about what having your email hacked means.

I'm concerned with identity theft and would like to know if my McAfee is protection enough.

i will run it past you tomorrow. i am pooped right now. the album wore me out. i am more resigned now than angry. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom