Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, BT.

I have a vent too. The tooth is officially hurting. This one won't go away either. Osteoporosis is taking another one. I have to wait it out too. I don't dare go to a dentist. I'm afraid my jaw would break. If the jaw can't hold on to the tooth, them I don't want anyone breaking the tooth out of my jaw.

Yesterday I did get some relief from OTC analgesics, but even eating soft ramen type noodles and imitation Krab soup would get the pain woke up and yelling.

So, although my back pain is so much better, everyone will have to deal with me whining about the pain. Sorry about that in advance.

Note to self: The Tabasco goes in the soup, not in the eye. Ouch!

:wacko:Barbara

Owie!!!

I was making Emeril's Essence one night and Smudge was sitting under the cutting board I had pulled out. Cayenne fell off the board and dropped in her eye...I felt like a total...you know what! She wasn't too happy with me washing her eye out, either.

I am venting at myself. Last night I was tired and sick and trying to do some work here at DC and got distracted. I let the dogs out and I guess when I opened the sliding glass door I caught the screen door and it closed too. DH built in a dog door flap into the screen and in the summer we leave that open so they can go in and out. I didn't realize until last night that they can really see that and rely on it.

I went back to the computer and heard a horrid thud behind me. I looked and there was Violet, visibly shaken at the door. She saw the flap and was bouncing in as she always does after being out. With it being dark she didn't see the door.

I called the emergency line at our vet's and was told to watch for concussion signs and just check on her once in awhile and then bring her in this morning. I did and she has a mild concussion. This is the sweetest dog you could ever meet. When I am sick or upset she comes up to console me. She is so forgiving and here I give her a concussion that they can't do much for. She will be fine, but we have to keep her quiet for 5 days. Not an easy thing with Violet.

I know she forgives me but I am having a hard time forgiving myself. Our two dogs are our only children.

Poor Violet, and poor you! It was just an accident, so you do need to forgive yourself. I know you would never hurt Violet for the world. I'm glad she's going to be ok.

:flowers:Barbara

Thanks, Barbara. I knew you would understand. I have just been so unfocused these days and am doing stupid or silly things.

Thanks, Barbara. I knew you would understand. I have just been so unfocused these days and am doing stupid or silly things.
I love you even when you do stupid or silly things--we all do them you know. I'm on my way to bed in a few minutes, but come on and talk tomorrow afternoon or whenever we both happen to be online. We can be stupid and silly together. :mrgreen:

Gee, I wish I could be silly and stupid today, too. But, I gotta go to work. Hugs for Laurie and Barbara.

Poor little Violet! And poor you Laurie, that would make me feel awful too. Big hugs to you both.

Gee, I wish I could be silly and stupid today, too. But, I gotta go to work. Hugs for Laurie and Barbara.
I never let work stop me. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Of course, I worked with 4th graders! Thanks for the hug! Lots of hugs back.

In fact, hugs all around! If you have read this, consider yourself hugged!

:)Barbara

{{{HUGS}}} to you {{{HUGS}}}

and {{{{HUGS}}} to Violet from the kids here

Attachments

• Ali_Portrait.gif
    Ali_Portrait.gif
    150.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Lucky_Portrait.gif
    Lucky_Portrait.gif
    139.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Scamp02.jpg
    Scamp02.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF0486.jpg
    DSCF0486.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 200
I never let work stop me. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Of course, I worked with 4th graders! Thanks for the hug! Lots of hugs back.

In fact, hugs all around! If you have read this, consider yourself hugged!

:)Barbara

Easy to be stupid filling out guv'mint paperwork...hard to be silly. I got the stupid part down.:ROFLMAO:

And we started our organizing for Relay for Life today.

Thanks, everyone. Violet is doing much better and so is "Mom". She never holds a grudge and so I have forgiven myself as well.

Thanks for the pictures, Dave. She loved them....Honestly, she licked the monitor!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What has me growling? Rude, stupid kids who should have been taught better and who are old enough to know how to be respectful.

My grandson Andrew had posted a picture of him with a huge bacon cheeseburger on Facebook (the one I posted in the thread about my grandkids). I commented on it, asking how he fit that huge thing in his mouth.

Today one of his (I assume) school friends made a rude comment in response to mine, with sexual connotations (about Andrew). He probably didn't know I am Andrew's grandmother, but it probably wouldn't have mattered to him (my picture was enough to let him know I wasn't a kid). My daughter had a few things to say to him (She was MAD!) and she deleted his comment.

I am so thankful that not all kids are rude, but the ones who are sure do irk me!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What has me growling? Rude, stupid kids who should have been taught better and who are old enough to know how to be respectful.

My grandson Andrew had posted a picture of him with a huge bacon cheeseburger on Facebook (the one I posted in the thread about my grandkids). I commented on it, asking how he fit that huge thing in his mouth.

Today one of his (I assume) school friends made a rude comment in response to mine, with sexual connotations (about Andrew). He probably didn't know I am Andrew's grandmother, but it probably wouldn't have mattered to him (my picture was enough to let him know I wasn't a kid). My daughter had a few things to say to him (She was MAD!) and she deleted his comment.

I am so thankful that not all kids are rude, but the ones who are sure do irk me!

I had the same type of problem when I would comment on my nephews pages. I finally told the bouys to call me or e-mail me if they wanted to keep in touch, I wouldn't subject myself to their pages and friends anymore.

Fortunately most of his friends are ok. Also, Nancy keeps an eye on both of the kids' FB accounts to make sure everyone is playing nice. I let people know that I won't tolerate bad stuff on my page either, since my grandkids can see my page, plus I don't want to see that stuff either.

My main irritation with this whole thing is that a 12 or 13 year old kid would think it is acceptable to talk to an adult that way. I have heard kids even younger than that saying things like that to an adult's face. Too many kids today are being raised with no "filters," and with no sense of wrongdoing. It made me absolutely sick to see Roseanne Barr on a show not long ago, saying that we need to let kids do whatever they want to do and to not discipline them, then laughing about her 5-year-old grandson asking her fiancée if he really wanted to "have sex with an old lady like my grandma." She thought that was cute, and so did all the others on the show.

Aaargh! I'm going to raise my blood pressure if I think about stupidity like that. I will never understand some people!

Barbara, I'm so sorry such a cute picture of your grandboy caused such a ruckus. My vent is about Facebook in general, and both kids and adults throwing away any good sense with the written word. I've made it a point to stay far away from the garbage that goes on there, or I'd be madder than a wet hen all the time. "Social Network" my foot!! Grrrrrrrr:mad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom