Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trust me. I didn't do it on purpose! I slipped and when I went to catch myself my phone when flying and smashed on the deck. And I do mean SMASHED. The front screen is quite a mess. I'm currently bidding on new phones on eBay. Sigh. This is annoying and upsetting!

You didn't break? You okay? I know it's upsetting, but at least it was the phone.

Chicken soup. If you're too busy, or don't really feel like making it, ask Shrek to make some. Maybe even chicken and dumplings. You know you can't help but feel better!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HEALING HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks, Z. Not sick...but something odd is going on, starting to think it's neurological since we can't pin it down to heart problems.

I didn't break, but it was a near thing. And yes, better the phone than me. Thus Petty Vent.

You must be pretty frustrated by now. Honestly, you'd think with the progress that has been made in medicine, they'd be able to pinpoint your trouble lickety split.

They've ruled out the BP?

I didn't break, but it was a near thing. And yes, better the phone than me. Thus Petty Vent.

You must be pretty frustrated by now. Honestly, you'd think with the progress that has been made in medicine, they'd be able to pinpoint your trouble lickety split.

They've ruled out the BP?

That is still in the mix, I haven't played with the meds...but I have played with water and salt levels and nothing has raised my BP. Wednesday, I will be requesting a CT scan. As it is, right now, Shrek is driving me everywhere because I am unsafe driving. I am on strict desk duty until we figure this out. No contact with patients and I've had to prove twice now that I am not impaired with drugs or booze.

That is still in the mix, I haven't played with the meds...but I have played with water and salt levels and nothing has raised my BP. Wednesday, I will be requesting a CT scan. As it is, right now, Shrek is driving me everywhere because I am unsafe driving. I am on strict desk duty until we figure this out. No contact with patients and I've had to prove twice now that I am not impaired with drugs or booze.

Oh fer Pete's sake. Sure hope they get it figured out soon, PF.

Actually, I don't blame them. I would suspect a co-worker if they had to hold on to the furniture to get across the room.

No, I don't fault your team, but I want them to hurry up and figure out what's wrong! And then fix it, dagnabbit!

You don't often hear about folks wanting to RAISE their BP!

LOL! It's the only thing I can test at home that has changed since this all started...so, of course that is what I think it is, until darker thoughts start creeping in.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!! Me too, I've got some blood-pressure raising neighbors I'd love to get rid of.

Last edited:
Y'know...I work with some folks who are REALLY good at raising BP. I could send 'em your way.

I have a few of those too, Alix. Will have to tell them that Missoula is lovely this time of year!

Twice now they have had to reduce my BP meds. And I still think it is too much. Everytime I get my BP checked, it takes two or three nurses to try and find it. And when they do, they have to check it again and again. They can't believe how low it is. Maybe I should start making friends with my salt shaker. :angel:

one of our local police officers shot and killed a woman last year, after she tried to drive away to avoid giving over her driver's license. today, a jury found him guilty of willful manslaughter. now, just hours later, the verdict may be overturned because the jury used a dictionary to look up the meanings of the words 'malicious' and 'willful'. the reason given is that the jury disregarded orders for deliberations, directing them to use only the judge's explicit instructions.
does this sound like a legitimate reason for striking down the jury's verdict? it doesn't to me....

Yes. No jury is allowed to use outside influences such as newspapers, TV reports or printed matter in a book. That is why the judge gives them explicit orders on what they are to deliberate about and the charges they must consider. They should have ask the judge for the meanings if they were unsure. :angel:

apparently, the jury had asked for further clarification on a number of points earlier from the judge, and had been referred back to resume their deliberations. it is unclear whether the jury was aware that their actions were strictly forbidden. the final decision rests with the presiding judge, and he is considering the matter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom