"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #2201
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
It's very healthy to do that, Cat. DA was probably the same way when she was young and that's why she still going strong at 95! Bless her.
Yes she was! You knew this? You know I'm adopted, yes? So I couldn't have anything of her in myself.

Did Mamma tell you this? DA was very athletic. She was a great swimmer, runner, and a wonderful tennis player. She loved to play volleyball, basketball, and softball also.

This is exactly right, CarolPa. And thank you for blessing her. I think to God, "Bless her," many times each day.

With love,
~Cat
__________________

__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #2202
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

Yes she was! You knew this? You know I'm adopted, yes? So I couldn't have anything of her in myself.

Did Mamma tell you this? DA was very athletic. She was a great swimmer, runner, and a wonderful tennis player. She loved to play volleyball, basketball, and softball also.

This is exactly right, CarolPa. And thank you for blessing her. I think to God, "Bless her," many times each day.

With love,
~Cat
Not all characteristics are genetic. Many are taught, including physical habits.
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #2203
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
No, no, no! Papa's a businessman. I know these things. This is what we'll do. I'll pay you to broker a deal to send me to Katie H. She's her hubby's gypsy girl, remember?

So. She shall pay to you a "finder's fee," such as in real estate. She pays you to take me.

In four days, she will be so very fed up with me that she will pay both you and me to be gone, and I'll go back to DA.

It's very simple, and we all win. You and I make money, and Katie is able to keep her sanity.

Capitalism is wonderful, yes? God bless America!

With love,
~Cat
Sounds like a plan, Cat. We'll be glad to have you. We have many acres so we should be able to spare a few for Addie.

I raised 8 children, which means it may take you a lot longer than 4 days to help me lose my sanity.

Let the games begin!
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #2204
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Sounds like a plan, Cat. We'll be glad to have you. We have many acres so we should be able to spare a few for Addie.

I raised 8 children, which means it may take you a lot longer than 4 days to help me lose my sanity.

Let the games begin!
Yes! And remember, I'll bring my own trash can. I'll bring Addie with me also!

You'll be giving up on me after 6 days.

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #2205
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Not all characteristics are genetic. Many are taught, including physical habits.
I've heard this. It's perhaps how I was raised. I always love to be outdoors. Mamma and I rode our bikes together very much and we like sports.

I'm not mad at that man any more. I suppose he was very mistaken about my motive for parking there.

I think this is a lesson, yes? That I must not judge people, either. Like he, if I were to judge someone, I could be very wrong.

This is a good lesson for me.

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #2206
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

I've heard this. It's perhaps how I was raised. I always love to be outdoors. Mamma and I rode our bikes together very much and we like sports.

I'm not mad at that man any more. I suppose he was very mistaken about my motive for parking there.

I think this is a lesson, yes? That I must not judge people, either. Like he, if I were to judge someone, I could be very wrong.

This is a good lesson for me.

With love,
~Cat
That's a good way to look at the situation. Take a negative and turn it into a positive
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #2207
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Yes she was! You knew this? You know I'm adopted, yes? So I couldn't have anything of her in myself.

Did Mamma tell you this? DA was very athletic. She was a great swimmer, runner, and a wonderful tennis player. She loved to play volleyball, basketball, and softball also.

This is exactly right, CarolPa. And thank you for blessing her. I think to God, "Bless her," many times each day.

With love,
~Cat

Yes, Cat, I knew you were adopted, but it slipped my mind.
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #2208
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Yes! And remember, I'll bring my own trash can. I'll bring Addie with me also!

You'll be giving up on me after 6 days.

With love,
~Cat

It's a very good idea to take Addie with you. Put her IN the trash can.....and make sure she doesn't have internet access! LOL

Revenge is so sweet!! (now I'm the one running!)
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #2209
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,882
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Another time you might want to say, "I'm chauffeuring a handicapped person."

The man who made the comment might have a reason to feel snarky about someone apparently not handicapped taking a handicapped spot. Maybe he is handicapped and he has not been able to get a spot because able bodied people took the spot. Or it could be his friends or family who have had that problem. Letting someone know that you aren't doing that might make them feel better.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #2210
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Or ashamed for jumping to conclusions.
__________________

__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.