Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yup!

The good news is that the person I was making my transaction with contacted me and agreed to accept a personal check. I will pop that in the mail this morning. I have a couple more transactions that I need to provide feedback on then I will close my Ebay account.

I am probably cutting off my nose to spite my face but, I'm gonna rock my new look! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

And think of the money you will be saving. :angel:

Well I have had a very annoying morning and it is only 5:25 am!

I got up this morning at 1:00am and checked my email. I noticed that I had won an auction on Ebay so I went out to pay for the item and Paypal declined my payment authorization. I thought I might have made a mistake because of the early hour and ran it again, another decline! Then I noticed an email from Paypal informing me that I had reached some internal spending limit and I needed to verify my account by providing additional bank information or by opening a Paypal Mastercard. I thought it might be some type of scam so I signed into my Paypal account and got the same message. Since then I have been going round in circles with Paypal. After 4 hours of this I got so aggravated I finally closed my Paypal account! I hope the poor Ebay seller will allow me to send him a check, I hate to see him harmed in this.

I hate it when it is more difficult to spend my money than it was to earn it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh boy .. I completely understand your frustration.

The same thing happened to me almost 2 years ago.

They already had all of my information but would not let me access my account.

The bottom line was that they wanted everything they already had plus another credit card or for me to open their credit card. I refused.

To this day I still have not provided them any more information and will not either.

I can use my PayPal account so long as there are funds in there. However, they will not let me add funds to it from my bank account. The only reason I didn't close my account is that I get automatic payments into it from a survey company I work with.

Now it will be interesting to see what happens the end of this month as that is when my current card with them expires.

They have just gotten a little too big for the britches. They do not need more information and they will not get more from me nor will I indulge them in using their credit card.

Oh boy .. I completely understand your frustration.

The same thing happened to me almost 2 years ago.

They already had all of my information but would not let me access my account.

The bottom line was that they wanted everything they already had plus another credit card or for me to open their credit card. I refused.

To this day I still have not provided them any more information and will not either.

I can use my PayPal account so long as there are funds in there. However, they will not let me add funds to it from my bank account. The only reason I didn't close my account is that I get automatic payments into it from a survey company I work with.

Now it will be interesting to see what happens the end of this month as that is when my current card with them expires.

They have just gotten a little too big for the britches. They do not need more information and they will not get more from me nor will I indulge them in using their credit card.

I have to agree with you. You wouldn't tie your mortgage payment in with your car payment. And one cash account should not be tied to another. PayPal can have no say as to whether I add funds to my savings account. Or even what the balance of my savings account is. As long as there are enough funds to cover my purchase. Just for giggles I think my next purchase will be through PayPal. I wonder if I to will get declined. I certainly don't want their credit card. And when I tell them my age, I wouldn't be surprised if they hung up on me. They would probably figure I won't live long enough to make any payments after running the card up. Hmmm. Now there's a thought. ;) :angel:

I'm frustrated this morning. My TV service is still showing standard time. I noticed it yesterday when I went to change my clocks.

According to the built in TV Guide, it is still standard time, and the shows match.

I had hoped it would have been corrected overnight, but no such luck. I did re-initialize a couple of times, no luck there either.

I'm waiting for a reply to the email I sent them yesterday.

I'm frustrated this morning. My TV service is still showing standard time. I noticed it yesterday when I went to change my clocks.

According to the built in TV Guide, it is still standard time, and the shows match.

I had hoped it would have been corrected overnight, but no such luck. I did re-initialize a couple of times, no luck there either.

I'm waiting for a reply to the email I sent them yesterday.

Be patient. I never adjust my clock. Only because I know it drives my son nuts. So he changes it when he shows up. And besides, come Fall, it will be right again. :angel:

I have to remember to change the clock in the car, that one messes me up if it's not right.

Time to go fight with the bank...for some reason they hate it when I make a payment on Shrek's credit card...I always get a hassle.

I have to remember to change the clock in the car, that one messes me up if it's not right.

Time to go fight with the bank...for some reason they hate it when I make a payment on Shrek's credit card...I always get a hassle.

Ask them if they would like to make the payment for you. :angel:

Ask them if they would like to make the payment for you. :angel:

They act like I'm trying to steal money from him...heck, if I wanted to mess up his card...I'd get the card out of his wallet and go run it up. It's even worse if I try to pay it off.:wacko:

Maybe you could talk to a Supervisor and find out what you need to do to get his account to be a joint account.

My Mom added me to her charge account, and arranged for me to have my own card on the same account with my name on it.

I am still more than a little frustrated with hospital bills. I don't know what to do but sit and wait. The hard part is discussing it with my husband. Can we take them to the tax guy. I rather doubt it, especially considering that I haven't gotten all the bills yet. there is still something like five figures outstanding. I have no idea how much my two insurance policies are going to pay. My problem is .... pay it, don't pay it, but I sure as heck couldn't get away with saying, oh, gee, in a year or two I'll think maybe i'll pay my premium. I'm paying my premiums, they cannot be bothered to pay the hospital so I can be billed for the rest? Anyway, you cannot take a deduction on a bill you haven't paid because this bill hasn't been presented to you for payment. You know that painting, "the scream?"

Maybe you could talk to a Supervisor and find out what you need to do to get his account to be a joint account.

My Mom added me to her charge account, and arranged for me to have my own card on the same account with my name on it.

Yes, we discussed that today. Next Monday we will be going to see about a joint card. I already have my own card for the joint checking, both of us should be on the credit card, too! I don't want to have to build "my own" credit in the future.

Yes, we discussed that today. Next Monday we will be going to see about a joint card. I already have my own card for the joint checking, both of us should be on the credit card, too! I don't want to have to build "my own" credit in the future.

A little known fact. Banks and other financial institutions have someone read the obits in the morning and if any of their customers' name show up, they check to see if it is a joint account. If it isn't, they freeze the account immediately and you have to get a court order and go through probate to be able to get access to it. That included safe deposit boxes also. For that reason, my daughter's name is on all my accounts. More than likely, your spouse will need some cash upon your death. Being able to gain access to their account if there is more money in it than yours can save the day for the surviving spouse. Just thought you would like to know.

How do I know this? I took a six week course in banking. At the end of the course when I discovered how little bank employees get paid, I decided to go back to being an Executive Secretary. Also did you know if you are $10 or less overdrawn for a check that has insufficient funds in the account, the bank will usually honor it and take out the difference at your next deposit. You will still be charge any applicable fees. Just don't make a habit of it. They have the discretion of closing your account and give you a check for the balance. :angel:

Something to check on. If you're joint with Shreck on a credit card, I don't think you get any credit rating benefit. Many married women who are widowed or divorced find they have no credit because they never had their own credit.

If you each have your own separate credit card accounts with the same bank, you can often link them so you are able to do transactions on each others accounts.

Something to check on. If you're joint with Shreck on a credit card, I don't think you get any credit rating benefit. Many married women who are widowed or divorced find they have no credit because they never had their own credit.

If you each have your own separate credit card accounts with the same bank, you can often link them so you are able to do transactions on each others accounts.

The problem here is, he got the credit card on my credit rating, everything we have except this credit card we are joints owners of, i.e. the car, the checking account, the bills. I have been paying for everything on my own since he retired 5 years ago. So, you are saying I should go get my own credit card?

A little known fact. Banks and other financial institutions have someone read the obits in the morning and if any of their customers' name show up, they check to see if it is a joint account. If it isn't, they freeze the account immediately and you have to get a court order and go through probate to be able to get access to it. That included safe deposit boxes also.

Are you sure this still applies Addie? My father died in 2004 and some of his accounts were active until just last year when we found the last one and rolled it over to Mom. Nothing was frozen though. Not credit cards, not bank accounts, everything remained active until we provided a death certificate to the bank, the phone company etc etc.

My petty vent of the day is that I have so many little chores I'm avoiding doing ANY of them. LOL. Stupid internet being so stupidly entertaining!

I wrote to the mayor today. I'm a bit peeved that I put out one bag of garbage every 6 months and pay the same on my property tax bill as my neighbour who puts out 6 bags every 2 weeks. I recycle, compost, and burn (I have a woodstove to heat my house). I don't buy a lot of canned or bottled goods. Why can't the city do a "tag per bag" thing so those who don't put out a lot of garbage don't have to pay???? Oh, and my green bin, that's what I use to store the girls' food. My three composters work just fine for "biogradeable" waste.

Are you sure this still applies Addie? My father died in 2004 and some of his accounts were active until just last year when we found the last one and rolled it over to Mom. Nothing was frozen though. Not credit cards, not bank accounts, everything remained active until we provided a death certificate to the bank, the phone company etc etc.

My petty vent of the day is that I have so many little chores I'm avoiding doing ANY of them. LOL. Stupid internet being so stupidly entertaining!

I'm pretty sure that here in Canada those banking rules vary by province.

I know that, in Quebec, they used to freeze safety deposit boxes immediately they were aware of the death of any of the owners of the box, even if it was joint. Used to cause a lot of trouble when people had put life insurance policies in the box. They stopped doing that a number of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom