"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #2221
Chef Extraordinaire

That's good, then How are your hands doing?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #2222
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Just got laid off . WELL ... I will be around to cook BUT not sure what I will be cooking as I was buying the food stuffs. LOL Good and bad hand in hand.
Oh crap, MsM. So sorry!

You have a great attitude, sure hope you can get a job after the holidays!

{{{{MsM}}}}

Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #2223
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
The man saw a healthy young woman run to a car parked in the handicap space. He may have seen abuses of the handicap spaces before and even, perhaps, had to park somewhere else. He was old and used a cane.

He had no understanding of my motives for parking there, and so, it's not his fault.

With love,
~Cat

I disagree here, Cat. One thing we all must learn is that things are not always what we think they are. He was rude to make that comment without knowing the whole story. You did nothing wrong and owed him no explanation. You did the best thing you could have done and that was to say nothing.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #2224
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Just got laid off . WELL ... I will be around to cook BUT not sure what I will be cooking as I was buying the food stuffs. LOL Good and bad hand in hand.
I am sorry you got laid off. I know it is a hard time to go through. But like you said, there is always cooking. Food has a way of calming us.

And this may be a cooking/food forum, but it is also a forum of friends. Like Cat has said, "This is the best place on the Internet to be." And she is right.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #2225
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I disagree here, Cat. One thing we all must learn is that things are not always what we think they are. He was rude to make that comment without knowing the whole story. You did nothing wrong and owed him no explanation. You did the best thing you could have done and that was to say nothing.
I agree that Cat did nothing wrong.

However, how will he learn if he doesn't know he made a mistake? He will just go on thinking that "young people are so inconsiderate nowadays".
Old 11-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #2226
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I agree that Cat did nothing wrong.

However, how will he learn if he doesn't know he made a mistake? He will just go on thinking that "young people are so inconsiderate nowadays".

I see your point, but even an explanation might not change his way of thinking. He could come back with another rude comment and a shouting match would begin. I would just walk away without a comment.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #2227
Chef Extraordinaire

Petty vent for today is my toilet. It is very low. Which is good as a rule for me. Being short, I don't need a spring board to get on it. (Have you ever noticed how high those handicap one are?) But now I have to use just one leg to get up. I can't put any weight on my broken foot, so my good side gets to do all the work. And the muscles are not used to doing so much work, getting me up and down. They are tired and getting up from the toilet is the hardest. I suppose I could sit on it all day and save me some muscle using. But that doesn't sound like a possibility. I don't want to eat my meals in there.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #2228
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Petty vent for today is my toilet. It is very low. Which is good as a rule for me. Being short, I don't need a spring board to get on it. (Have you ever noticed how high those handicap one are?) But now I have to use just one leg to get up. I can't put any weight on my broken foot, so my good side gets to do all the work. And the muscles are not used to doing so much work, getting me up and down. They are tired and getting up from the toilet is the hardest. I suppose I could sit on it all day and save me some muscle using. But that doesn't sound like a possibility. I don't want to eat my meals in there.
Look into getting one of these!

The doctor can give you a prescription and it installs with the same two screws that hold the toilet seat.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #2229
Certified Pretend Chef

Following the Kitchen Aid/Toilet incident of '11, I opted for a slightly taller seat. It's about two inches higher than the older style and makes a huge difference in the ease of standing up. Not sure how the new seat height compares to handicapped seat height.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #2230
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Following the Kitchen Aid/Toilet incident of '11, I opted for a slightly taller seat. It's about two inches higher than the older style and makes a huge difference in the ease of standing up. Not sure how the new seat height compares to handicapped seat height.
The handicap ones are as high as a wheelchair seat. To make it easy to transfer from the chair to the toilet. Really high. I had to take out my wheelchair when I first broke my foot. I had forgotten how high it was until I wheeled myself into the bathroom.