Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like the same model, Taxy -- with an "Inverter" and Sensor Cook feature, which I haven't tried out yet. One of the reasons I chose it is the weight, which isn't bad for a unit this size -- if things need moving, I'm It. I'm going to try to use it for more than heating leftovers, which is all I did with the defunct m/w. Would love to have an over-the-stove, but that would have required more trouble and $$ than I could manage.
"Inverter Turbo Defrost" works quite well. It stops before the food is completely defrosted, which is much better than starting to cook it. There are enough instructions, that I keep the manual on top of the MW. We put ours on Ikea shelving. We don't have any spare counter space.

Attachments

• 20130331_122832.jpg
    20130331_122832.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 158
Hoping today will come to an end!!!! Spent over 2 hours at the clinic to get The Pill, my washing machine decided to die on me, my daughter came home from her dad with lice (wonder if anyone will notice if he goes missing?!) this is only the 13th time it's happened in 2 yrs "aargh" and the list just goes on and on and on.......
It doesn't help having PMS from hell either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping today will come to an end!!!! Spent over 2 hours at the clinic to get The Pill, my washing machine decided to die on me, my daughter came home from her dad with lice (wonder if anyone will notice if he goes missing?!) this is only the 13th time it's happened in 2 yrs "aargh" and the list just goes on and on and on.......
It doesn't help having PMS from hell either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your daughter should not go to her Dad's until he can show he has gotten rid of the lice in his house. Is there any oversight to visitations? If there is, it needs to be brought to their attention.

Your daughter should not go to her Dad's until he can show he has gotten rid of the lice in his house. Is there any oversight to visitations? If there is, it needs to be brought to their attention.

At the moment he gets away with paying half the agreed child support, refuses to admit that the lice problem came from him and Caitlin says half of their children had shaved heads this holiday because of lice.
I've been to see a lawyer but they can't do much unless there is abuse of some kind and if I want to fight it I will have pay money I don't have right now. Just wish he could be reasoned with :rolleyes:

At the moment he gets away with paying half the agreed child support, refuses to admit that the lice problem came from him and Caitlin says half of their children had shaved heads this holiday because of lice.
I've been to see a lawyer but they can't do much unless there is abuse of some kind and if I want to fight it I will have pay money I don't have right now. Just wish he could be reasoned with :rolleyes:

What was his address again?:boxing:

I'll call you when it's done, just bring a shovel :LOL:
(Just kidding folks, won't really kill him :angel:) I've been tempted though!

As far as I am concerned it is abusive, having to use lice shampoo, etc 12 times in 2 years. Your daughter is being poisoned.

I've been getting a call daily on my cell phone, an 888 number, it rings three times and then disconnects. I googled the number and it turns out that it is Verizon Wireless.

Yesterday, I was finally able to answer it. The lady on the other end asked if I would like to review my plan to see if it meets my needs. I said "no, every other plan you have is more expensive than the one that I have and I'll lose my unlimited data". Then she goes on to tell me how I'm not using all that much data, to which I reply "I don't use my spare tire either, but I'm not throwing it away". Then she asks if I would like to upgrade my phone, I said no, because then I would lose my unlimited data! I told her good day and as I was ending the call, she told me that I was eligible for a free iPhone. At that point, I raised my voice and said, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, HAVE YOU NOT HEARD A WORD THAT I'VE SAID" and then hung up the phone.

Here is what really ticks me off. I am a loyal customer of 13 years, I pay a rate higher than most other companies, because where I live, they have the best coverage hands down. The fact that they are trying to dupe me into a plan that will cost me about $20 a month more, and give me less, infuriates me. Both of our smartphones are old enough that they are long since paid for, so we are just a huge cash cow for them at this point, almost all of the bill that I pay to them is pure profit. AND THEY WANT MORE!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Well that's a pain in the patooty, BC. My DH told them not to call him unless the actually can find a suitable plan, based on his usage, that saves him money. They don't pester him any more.

I have a free phone and service due to my age. I called them tonight to ask if they had a phone with larger keys. I think I am going to be getting a new phone in the mail shortly. She had an accent that I found hard to understand.

I forgot to tell her I want the same number on the new phone. When I had my line phone I got weekly calls from Verizon asking me if I wanted to upgrade and add on more services. I had all junk stuff removed because I didn't need them. As a result I was able to bring my land line bill down to $17 a month. And they wanted me to add to me bill? I think not. Then when I called and wanted my land line disconnected, the woman argued with me about all the things that could happen if I relied on just a cell phone. I ended up yelling at her and told her to just disconnect my line. :angel:

I've been getting a call daily on my cell phone, an 888 number, it rings three times and then disconnects. I googled the number and it turns out that it is Verizon Wireless.

Yesterday, I was finally able to answer it. The lady on the other end asked if I would like to review my plan to see if it meets my needs. I said "no, every other plan you have is more expensive than the one that I have and I'll lose my unlimited data". Then she goes on to tell me how I'm not using all that much data, to which I reply "I don't use my spare tire either, but I'm not throwing it away". Then she asks if I would like to upgrade my phone, I said no, because then I would lose my unlimited data! I told her good day and as I was ending the call, she told me that I was eligible for a free iPhone. At that point, I raised my voice and said, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, HAVE YOU NOT HEARD A WORD THAT I'VE SAID" and then hung up the phone.

Here is what really ticks me off. I am a loyal customer of 13 years, I pay a rate higher than most other companies, because where I live, they have the best coverage hands down. The fact that they are trying to dupe me into a plan that will cost me about $20 a month more, and give me less, infuriates me. Both of our smartphones are old enough that they are long since paid for, so we are just a huge cash cow for them at this point, almost all of the bill that I pay to them is pure profit. AND THEY WANT MORE!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Don't even get me started on how Verizon screwed me out of my unlimited data plan (even their customer service folks were appalled and tried to make amends). However, it's the only plan that works everywhere. Had to laugh at Baby Bro, who had to use Mom's rickety land line as his US Cellular service didn't work in the boonies. And a colleague today having to use her Sprint phone outside in 28° weather as it didn't work anywhere indoors either.

Verizon ..... :angry::evil::censored:

Only had them because where we lived they were the only coverage. Trying to get rid of them was ridiculous. They tried really hard to shame me into staying .. warned me of all the horrible things that would happen if I switched .. then they tried to sell me a new phone :ohmy:.

What part of no thanks, I don't want it or cancel my account do they not understand !!

It is all based on the commission system. If the caller can't sell you what they conceive to be a better service, they don't get a commission.

I have Assurance sponsored by Virgin. It is a free program for the elderly. I have no problems with it except that the keys on the phone are just so small. So I requested one with larger keys. I will see what happens.

I did have SafeLink. I hated it. Could not make or receive calls indoors at all. I certainly didn't want to have to go downstairs and outside to make or receive a call.

I also have Skype. I can make calls from my computer. So when I get a call that I know is going to be a long one, I call the person back on the computer. That way I don't use up my minutes. I make a lot of my calls on my computer. The calls are much clearer and I can hear the other person so much easier. For some strange reason I have trouble finding just the right place on my ear to place my cell phone. :angel:

I have my phone through my cable service. I have a TracPhone for emergencies when we are out and about. And to call Shrek to see if he has Prince Albert in the can...

Back
Top Bottom