"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #2331
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Absolutely! Someone could fall and smother in them.
Exactly PF! (I will squash every bubble in sight!) I will got no pleasure from it at all.

Bwahahahhaaa...

Old 12-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #2332
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
My mother saved glass jars and plastic tubs that food came in, as well as newspapers (I have no idea why she saved the newspapers. Maybe she thought you could still get money for it at the recycler.). I have hauled so much of that crap out of her apartments.

I find it a lot easier to get that stuff out of the house right away, now that we have recycling pickup.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #2333
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
My mother saved glass jars and plastic tubs that food came in, as well as newspapers (I have no idea why she saved the newspapers. Maybe she thought you could still get money for it at the recycler.). I have hauled so much of that crap out of her apartments.

I find it a lot easier to get that stuff out of the house right away, now that we have recycling pickup.
You are like my Sister, she does not tolerate clutter.

I think because I'm the youngest I got used to getting all of the hand me downs and broken toys.

I equate clutter with coziness and security, boy is this place cozy!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #2334
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well, as I opened up the box of angel hair pasta and went to dump it into the boiling water, I did not realize the BOTTOM of the box was already open! So angel hair pasta went all over the floor and mixed with Beagle hair. Then it went into the trash. Luckily I still had another partial box of pasta so we didn't go hungry.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #2335
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Well, as I opened up the box of angel hair pasta and went to dump it into the boiling water, I did not realize the BOTTOM of the box was already open! So angel hair pasta went all over the floor and mixed with Beagle hair. Then it went into the trash. Luckily I still had another partial box of pasta so we didn't go hungry.
Spike did that the other day when he was putting away my groceries. I left it there for The Pirate to pick up. I told him it was my way of letting him know how much I appreciate all he does for me. One more job he does so well. He bought it with rolling eyes!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #2336
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh I hate it when that happens.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #2337
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I tried to have that problem, but just didn't have the room, so I finally learned to use the trash can. Yep, I'd find a use for that box or bubble wrap within a day or so, but I'd have to just go out and get some. PITA? Yes!, but it keeps my apartment clutter free and I do love to shop, so I get to do one of my favorite things (shop) and still keep my apartment from becoming a hoarder's nightmare. LOL

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #2338
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
You are like my Sister, she does not tolerate clutter.

I think because I'm the youngest I got used to getting all of the hand me downs and broken toys.

I equate clutter with coziness and security, boy is this place cozy!
Don't tolerate clutter.

Oh no, that's not me at all. I have to edit all the photos I post to keep from posting pix of the clutter. I don't always succeed.

It's just that it's not as hard to recycle something that might be useful as it is to throw it in the garbage.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #2339
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

That's what it is about clutter, Taxy. Either you can tolerate it, or you can't. Me, I just can't.

It's a useful trait when I want to get a sewing job done, or a crochet project. If it's within eyesight, I will keep working on it until I can get it done and out of sight, or withstand the irritation of seeing it cluttering up my visual landscape.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:43 AM   #2340
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Hubby gets after me for popping the bubble wrap. Not because he was going to save it, because I sometimes forget to share.
For you. And your DH. And all other lovers of popping bubble wrap. Warning: addictive! BUT ecologically proper.

Virtual Bubble Wrap

Be sure to turn the volume up for full effect!